• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 42K

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
images

WELCOME

Having been successful far too quickly in my other stories I have decided to change tact a little. My aim is to country and club hop and constantly challenge myself. I also want my manager to learn as much languages as possible as I kinda like that in FM lol.

This doesnt mean I will change clubs every season. I will change clubs when it isnt enjoyable anymore or when I am demolishing leagues or summat like that. I wont be adverse to dropping down divisions either so boredom should never be a problem.

--------------------------------

THE DATABASE

I toyed with editing one but decided not too and am playing with the latest one. I have divisons in Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Italy, Mexico, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine and the USA loaded up.

If for instance I conquer Greece I will then delete it and add Denmark for instance so I will be chopping and changing however I will always keep the leagues from England, Italy, Spain, Germany and France loaded up. Also when I start in a new country I will add all of their leagues for extra realism.

------------------------------------

images

I hope you will follow. I may even let people vote on who I will manage next when more than one option is available etc or to give me challenges with a certain club. There are 2 or 3 clubs I intend to manage in my journey so I will always keep an eye out for them but otherwise I am open minded.

I will reveal who I will start off with in my next post......................

---------------------------------------------------

SEASON SUMMARY
[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]SEASON
[/TD]
[TD]CLUB
[/TD]
[TD]LEAGUE
[/TD]
[TD]CUP
[/TD]
[TD]LEAGUE CUP
[/TD]
[TD]EUROPE
[/TD]
[TD]OTHER
DOMESTIC
[/TD]
[TD]OTHER
CONTINENTAL
[/TD]
[TD]INTERNATIONAL
[/TD]
[TD]NEW
LANGUAGE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2012-13
[/TD]
[TD]Aberdeen
[/TD]
[TD]2nd
[/TD]
[TD]QF
[/TD]
[TD]WINNERS
[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2013-14
[/TD]
[TD]Aberdeen[/TD]
[TD]2nd
[/TD]
[TD]WINNERS
[/TD]
[TD]WINNERS
[/TD]
[TD]SF (EL)
[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2014-15[/TD]
[TD]Aberdeen
[/TD]
[TD]WINNERS
[/TD]
[TD]WINNERS
[/TD]
[TD]SF
[/TD]
[TD]1st R (EL)
[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]Colombia[/TD]
[TD]Spanish (B)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2015-16
[/TD]
[TD]Newcastle United
[/TD]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]WINNERS[/TD]
[TD]3rd R[/TD]
[TD]WINNERS
(EL)
[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2016-17[/TD]
[TD]NUFC/Bilbao[/TD]
[TD]3rd[/TD]
[TD]WINNERS[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[TD]CS Runners-Up
(NUFC)[/TD]
[TD]ESC Winners
(NUFC)
[/TD]
[TD]Japan
ASIAN CUP WINNERS
[/TD]
[TD]Spanish (F)
Japanese (F)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2017-18
[/TD]
[TD]Athletic Bilbao
[/TD]
[TD]WINNERS[/TD]
[TD]SF[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]WINNERS
(CL)
[/TD]
[TD]SSC
Runners-Up[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[TD]Senegal[/TD]
[TD]French (B)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2018-19
[/TD]
[TD]AC Milan
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
CL = Champions League
EL = Europa League
CS = FA Community Shield
SSC = Spanish Super Cup
ESC = UEFA European Super Cup
B = Basic
F = Fluent

Last edited:
Woop Woop, he's back. Can't wait mate. Good luck and hope you enjoy the save, so I can enjoy the read. :P

Good luck man, nice idea! Always liked reading your other stories when i could which wasn't as much as i would of liked but ill be following this one :)

Cant wait to see who you choose.

Hey Klippybo, Good to have you back...the FM Base Stories Section is incomplete without a Klippybo Story...Good Luck

This looks good, of course I shall be following, it's you after all :P

Looking forward to following another Klippy story. Good luck, not that you need it, haha.

About time you put down NHL for a while. Was getting fed up of hearing about Aitor Herrera & TBagging on my news feed lol

images

KRIS STUART APPOINTED ABERDEEN MANAGER

I have decided to kick off my journey here. After testing out various other clubs from Peterhead to Partizan Belgrade I decided to try Aberdeen as I havent done my yearly save with them yet in FM13. As I wont be staying here forever I wont be stepping on my old pal Stonecold's toes either.

(At time of writing I am on the game day of the first competitive match)

---------

images

Win the league

That is the bare minimum. Unless 1 of 2 jobs become available (you can probably guess who) I wont be leaving the Granite City until this is achieved.

---------
images

STATE OF THE CLUB

Valued at £7.25m with debts of £18m I know money is going to be tight so I will have to make sure I develop the promising youngsters in the club - Cammy Smith, Declan McManus, Clark Robertson and Ryan Jack. There are some older heads about too in the shape of Russell Anderson, Gavin Rae and Jamie Langfield.

Regarding the backroom staff I have let a few go but Archie Knox stays as my assistant while club legends Jim Leighton and Neil Simpson also stay. There is no Head of Youth Development nor a Director of Football so that will need to be rectified.

Also there are no links with any other club.

--------

images

DID YOU KNOW..........

Pittodrie was the first all covered, all seated ground in the UK
It also had the first ever dugout - invented by former manager Donald Colman
Aberdeen have never been relegated

Last edited:
images

KRIS STUART APPOINTED ABERDEEN MANAGER

I have decided to kick off my journey here. After testing out various other clubs from Peterhead to Partizan Belgrade I decided to try Aberdeen as I havent done my yearly save with them yet in FM13. As I wont be staying here forever I wont be stepping on my old pal Stonecold's toes either.

(At time of writing I am on the game day of the first competitive match)

Stonecold is gonna love this!!!!!!!!!!! haha

Good luck dude, i wasnt a member on the forum when you had Aitor and that Legendary Bilbao save so i missed out on all the histeria, although i have seen the pictures so looking forward to this.

images

PRE-SEASON & AUGUST

I got to work straight away and had a large recruitment drive, mainly for coaches and scouts. In came Tony Docherty (Aberdeen's newly appointed assistant manager in real life lol), Arthur Albiston, Frank Nuttall, Michael Watt, Andy Cole amongst others while Hamish French came in from Dunfermline to be my new Head of Youth Development.

I have tried to get a Director of Football without success and I have also failed to get Duncan Shearer to be our reserve team manager. I will keep the job open for him though!!!

We managed to setup a link with Peterhead to loan out players and as a parent club we got Manchester City on board (I rejected Spurs) but they havent given us anyone on loan as yet unfortunately.

--------

images

PLAYERS IN

I only spent money on one player - Stephen Hendrie - he came in from Hamilton for £95,000 and will challenge Robertson and Reynolds for the LB spot. I am delighted to get him so cheaply as the 17y/o has a great future. My first signing (and one of 3 ex Middlesbrough players) was Kris Boyd who came in on a free and will be our main goal threat while Kevin Thomson also came in to strengthen the midfield area along with Herold Goulon. Finally Derek Riordan was brought in as cover.
View attachment 344391View attachment 344390View attachment 344389View attachment 344388View attachment 344387

PLAYERS OUT

I managed to get rid of quite a bit of deadwood here. Scott Vernon left the moment Kris Boyd signed to go to Preston for £150,000 while Chris Clark, Rory Fallon and Josh Magennis also went down south for a total of £160,000. Also with the arrival of Goulon I released Gavin Rae.

Out on loan went several youngsters with Nicky Low and Sean Hume going to Peterhead.

--------

images

Celtic 3 (Hooper 5, Ledley 17, Brown 52pen)

Aberdeen 1 (Boyd 13)

Not a great way to start off my new career but a defeat was expected and they got a dodgy penalty to boot!

--

Aberdeen 3 (Boyd 22pen, 32, 84)
Ross County 2 (Quinn 75, Ross 83)

We were cruising it at one point but then we lost our way but fortunately Kris Boyd came to our rescue to complete his hat-trick.

--

St. Johnstone 0

Aberdeen 1 (Boyd 43)

It seems like Kris Boyd has settled in at the club well anyway!

--

Aberdeen 2 (Goulon 30, Smith 79)
Heart of Midlothian 1 (Stevenson 13)

Boyd finally failsto score but Goulon nets on his debut.

--

Scottish Communities League Cup 2nd Round

Aberdeen 4 (Hughes 1, Riordan 12, Shaughnessy 59, Ferries 90)
Queen's Park 0

I put out a load of 16y/o players here and some of my more experienced backups and they did a fine job against the amateur side.

--

View attachment 344397View attachment 344398

SUMMARY

A decent start to the season I suppose as we werent expected to beat Celtic. I am fairly confident I can guide my side into 2nd place providing I dont have too many injuries. Septembers fixtures dont look to hard so hopefully we can keep the run going before the harder games arrive in October.

------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KRIS BOYD

View attachment 344401

Last edited:

images

SEPTEMBER

Aberdeen 2 (Meechan og13, Goodwin og36)
St. Mirren 1 (Reilly 55)

We were a bit fortunate to win here and my players didnt like my team talk but hey ho.

--

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 (Draper 32, Ross 59)
Aberdeen 0

This was 2nd v 3rd and the 2nd place team fully deserved their win. We were awful.

--

Aberdeen 2 (Boyd 54,57)
Motherwell 0

Motherwell went into this game off the back of a 7-1 away win over Dundee so their confidence was sky high. Hayes had a first half goal disallowed but we got a good win anyways.

--

Scottish Communities League Cup 3rd Round
Aberdeen 5 (Boyd 2, 32pen, 51pen, Pawlett 12, McManus 83)
Ross County 0

Into the quarter finals we go with a fantastic win. Boyd grabbed his 2nd hat-trick of the season also.

--

SUMMARY

Another good month. Although the defeat against ICT was tough to take we responded well and rounded off the month with a big win in the cup. My youngsters have started off really well and Cammy Smith in particular isimpressing as he is getting lots of assists.

In the QF of the League Cup we will play away to Hibs.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KRIS BOYD

View attachment 344462

--

View attachment 344466

Last edited:
Good start as always mate. Boyd looks like a clever signing

images

OCTOBER

Aberdeen 4 (Taiwo og5, Boyd 40, 49pen, 87pen)

Hibernian 3 (Griffiths 6, Cairney 26, Kuqi 70)

WOW!! A 3rd hat-trick of the season for Kris Boyd! We also had a goal disallowed in the first half despite it being an own goal.

--

Kilmarnock 2 (Ibrahim 5, Hay 56)
Aberdeen 2 (Boyd 26, 41)

Our first draw of the season as Kris Boyd comes back to haunt his old (and current in real life) club. Kilmarnock had a goal disallowed fortunately for us.

--

Dundee United 1 (Considine og63)

Aberdeen 1 (Boyd 26)

We were a bit fortunate to come away with a point here. A howler from Jamie Langfield cost us. Considine scored an og, got the man of the match award and got himself injured for a month too!

--

Aberdeen (Smith 49, 90)

Dundee 1 (O'Donnell 75)

Another win. Hayes had a goal disallowed for us also.

--

Scottish Communities League Cup QF

Hibernian 1 (McPake 37)
Aberdeen 2 (Reynolds 47, Hayes 80)

We progress into the semis against managerless Hibs. They had a goal disallowed before they took the lead so we were very lucky to go through in the end.

--

SUMMARY

An unbeaten month which seen us progress to the League Cup semis is not to be sniffed at. Boyd keeps banging in the goals while Cammy Smith keeps setting them up and nicking a few for himself. The downside to this month was the injuries to Ryan Jack and Andrew Considine.

View attachment 344910

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KRIS BOYD (again)

View attachment 344911

Last edited:
Klippy, good to have you back. Like someone else said, this part of forums just doesn't feel right without your stories... I hope that you will take over Partizan Belgrade in this save, they're my favorite team and bring back the sixties, when we was force to be reckoned with. Good luck, we are with you on this journey.

Back