• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 42K
images

NOVEMBER

Ross County 1 (Quinn 11)

Aberdeen 1 (Smith 30)

AAGGGHHH!!!! Substitute Declan McManus had an injury time winner disallowed for us here. Even worse - Kris Boyd got injured and is out for a few weeks.

--

St. Mirren 2 (Goodwin 28, Moon 71)

Aberdeen 1 (Smith 25)

We probably deserved a draw having said that they had a goal chalked off.

--

Aberdeen 2 (Considine 76pen, McGinn 88)

Celtic 2 (Forrest 3, Hooper 20)

A great comeback but god knows what Andrew Considine is doing taking penalties! lol. A good result though.

--

Hibernian (Reynolds og31, McPake 90)
Aberdeen (Boyd 66, McGinn 80)

We deserved to win this so to throw away 2pts in stoppage time is gutting to be honest.

--

Aberdeen 1 (Goulon 75)

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 0

ICT were 2nd in the table going into this game so this was a good victory.

--

SUMMARY

Its hard to judge this month results wise as we only won one game but we only lost one too! In the League Cup semis we have drawn First Division side Falkirk and we will play Partick Thistle in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup.

Alex McLeish has returned to Hibs as manager, Stuart McCall left Motherwell for Leeds United and was replaced by Chris Powell and Kilmarnock sacked Kenny Shiels - meanwhile my beloved Newcastle appointed Stuart Pearce as their new manager.

View attachment 344979
--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

CAMMY SMITH
View attachment 344981

Last edited:
images

DECEMBER

William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round
Partick Thistle 1 (Doolan 57)
Aberdeen 1 (Robertson 59)

I rested a load of players here but I was still disappointed not to go through.

--

William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round Replay
Aberdeen 4 (Goulon 1, McManus 31, 63, Riordan 88)
Partick Thistle 2 (Welsh 70, Sinclair 86)

I had to bring back some of my more experienced players and they managed to do the job. McManus impresses every time he has been called upon so far.

--

Heart of Midlothian 1 (Skacel 89)
Aberdeen 1 (Boyd 36)

We were awful but should have won as Boyd missed an early penalty and we conceded a late goal to drop points again!

--

Aberdeen 2 (Boyd 3pen, 89)
Kilmarnock 0

A comfortable win. Ayoze made his debut and got taken off injured!

--

Aberdeen 2 (Boyd 42, Goulon 77)

St. Johnstone 0

Another easy win. Boyd had a late goal disallowed but never mind.

--

Motherwell 3 (Hetherington 27, Francis-Angol 73, McHugh 90)

Aberdeen 5 (Boyd 5, 52, Smith 10, Considine 38, Pawlett 90+2)

4-1 up and we were brilliant but we then let things slip a bit however I would have taken a point before kick-off so I am delighted with the win.

--

Dundee 4 (Baird 22, 48, 66, Finnigan 85)

Aberdeen 6 (Boyd 3, 32, 84, 87pen Hayes 8, McGinn 88)

What a crazy game!!!! You can see above what happened. Hayes got 4 assists also. Thats 18 goals that have been scored in our last 2 matches!

--

SUMMARY

What a fantastic month!!!! We won most of our games and went unbeaten throughout the month. We scored a load of goals - Boyd got his 20th league goal against Motherwell so I had to give him a payment and then he scored 4 in the next game!!!!- and progressed in the Scottish Cup where we will play Ross County (again).

I signed a Spanish winger called Ayoze from Sporting Gijon on a free earlier in the month. He should do really well in the SPL.
View attachment 345034

Kilmarnock appointed Craig Levein as their new manager while Derek Adams left Ross County to join Bristol City.

View attachment 345048

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KRIS BOYD

View attachment 345046

Last edited:
images

JANUARY

Aberdeen 2 (Considine 73, Hughes 90)
Dundee United 0

We come out on top in the New Firm derby. Dont know if we can call ourselves the New Firm anymore though lol.

--

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 3 (A.Shinnie 5, 30, Draper 75)
Aberdeen 2 (Boyd 26pen, 27)

Disappointed to lose this as ICT leapfrog us into 2nd place.

--

Aberdeen 1 (Boyd 66)

Hibernian 0

--

St. Johnstone 3 (Tade 9, 31, 43)
Aberdeen 3 (Smith 2, 8, Thomson 86)

Considering we were 2up after 8min against the bottom side I am pretty peeved not to have won but at least we rescued a point at the end.

--

SUMMARY

A so so month. We won a couple, lost one and threw away one so it could have been so much better. God knows where we would be without Boyd and Smith!!!!

Off the field I have appointed John Collins as my Director of Football and we got Liverpool as another parent club (I rejected Genoa and Spurs) and Skonto Riga as a feeder side.

Ross County appointed Neale Cooper as their new manager.

View attachment 345371View attachment 345372

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CAMMY SMITH
View attachment 345373

Last edited:
images

FEBRUARY

William Hill Scottish Cup 5th Round
Ross County 1 (Vigurs 71)
Aberdeen 1 (Hayes 66)

This means a replay which means another meeting with the Staggies!!!

--

Scottish Communities League Cup SF
Aberdeen 5 (Robertson 13, Ayoze 36, McManus 40, 55, 81)
Falkirk 3 (Taylor 11, 57, 78)

Into the final we go. Once again I am involved in a match where there are 2 hat-tricks. Falkirk missed a penalty too.

--

Aberdeen 2 (Boyd 30, 34)
St. Mirren 2 (Gordon 27, Reilly 77)

2nd v 3rd and it ends in a stalemate - We are both tied on 50pts.

--

William Hill Scottish Cup 5th Round Replay

Aberdeen 3 (Hayes 19, Boyd 23, Thomson 76)
Ross County 2 (Vigurs 48, Wohlfarth 61pen)

The quarter finals beckon after this hard fought victory. Goulon got injured and is out for 6 weeks though.

--

Aberdeen 2 (Hayes 2, McManus 23)
Dundee 1 (Baird 39)

I only started with 4 of my first choice 11 in this game so I am pretty happy that we got the 3pts.

--

Kilmarnock 0
Aberdeen 1 (Fowler og53)

Jonny Hayes had a goal disallowed but he set up our winning goal to continue his good form. A rare clean sheet!

--

Aberdeen 3 (Smith 24, Ayoze 33, Boyd 69)
Ross County 0

This was one of our best performances of the season so far. We completely dominated and even looked solid at the back!

--

SUMMARY

Another unbeaten month as we look to have consolidated a European spot for next season. We also progressed to the League Cup final and the Scottish Cup quarter finals where we will unfortunately play Celtic in both games.

Dundee United sacked Jackie McNamara on the last day of the month.

View attachment 345542

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JONNY HAYES

View attachment 345543

Last edited:
Well done so far mate. Will be tough to over take Celtic, but if anyone can you are that person. :)

images

MARCH

William Hill Scottish Cup QF
Aberdeen 0
Celtic 2 (Commons 32, Gershon 81)

Pretty angry to go out here as we didnt do ourselves justice. My players were quite tired but I expect better.

--

Aberdeen 4 (Boyd 19, Smith 45, 49, Pawlett 90)
Motherwell 1 (Ojamaa 62)

This was a must win game as we may not win our next 2 matches! Motherwell had a goal disallowed which would have made it 1-1 but we always looked as though we were going to win.

--

Scottish Communities League Cup Final
Aberdeen 4 (Boyd 27pen, 57pen, 65, Goulon 29)
Celtic 4 (Miku 16, Brown 18, Watt 79, 80)
(AET Aberdeen win 4-3 on penalties)

What an incredible final! We had 8 shots on goal with 5 on target and scored 4, Celtic had 25 with 12 on target. lol. We were out of it, back in it, won it, threw it away and that was before the penalty shoot-out!

Ironically Kris Boyd missed our first penalty in the shoot-out despite scoring 2 during the game. Forrest and Ledley then missed for them and Ryan Jack had the chance to win it but missed. Then Jamie "Clangers" Langfield saved Scott Brown's penalty and Kevin Thomson stepped up to win us the cup.

Our lineup was thus - Langfield, Jack, Reynolds, Considine, Hendrie (Robertson), Goulon (Milsom), Thomson, Hayes (McGinn), Ayoze, Smith, Boyd

--

Celtic 5 (Samaras 45, Brown 52, Hooper 59, Watt 66, Ambrose 79)
Aberdeen 1 (Pawlett 75)

I knew beforehand this would be ugly. I could only start 4 of the players that played in the final as they were all shattered and I was even missing some of my backups so I played youngsters out of position. At half-time I was delighted but hey ho - we won the important match of the month.

--

SUMMARY

Any month where you win a trophy is a good month so I am happy despite only winning 1 of the 4 games played! Our season is effectively over now as 2nd place should be ours, we are out of the Scottish Cup and obviously won the League Cup.

Preparations for next season is now getting under way - 2 players have agreed to join us on free transfers.

My youth intake was quite poor although 1 played in the 5-1 defeat against Celtic to become both ours and the leagues youngest player.

Shaun O'Driscoll was appointed as the new manager of Dundee United and Celtic wrapped up the title.

View attachment 345558

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
STEPHEN HENDRIE

View attachment 345554

images

Last edited:
images

APRIL

Aberdeen 4 (Goulon 7, 17, Thomson 11, Smith 87)
Heart of Midlothian 2 (Sutton 35, Grainger 79pen)

We blew Hearts away in the first 20min here. Then we got a bit sloppy.

--

Dundee United 3 (Daly 30, Ryan 78, Watson 90)

Aberdeen 4 (Boyd 31, 90+3, Smith 45, Hayes 67)

Entertainment is guaranteed at our games!!! Boyd has now got 33 goals in the league and 40 overall.

--

Aberdeen 3 (Thomson 1, Ayoze 8, Smith 82)
Celtic 2 (Hooper 28, Samaras 51)

The newly crowned champions are beaten for only the 3rd time in the league this season. We have only lost 5 games ourselves!

--

Motherwell 2 (Higdon 37, 44)

Aberdeen 0

Meh!

--

SUMMARY

Goals galore this month as there was an average of 5 goals a game. European football for next season has been confirmed and I have signed a new contract with the club.

We are just waiting for the awards to be handed out and for the pre-season to start really!

View attachment 345581
--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
CAMMY SMITH

View attachment 345582

Last edited:
Finally caught up again. Good first season! Going to be tough to break Celtic at the top but I am sure you will be able to do it. Good luck for the rest of the season and even better for next season.

images

My Chairman Stewart Milne

MAY - END OF SEASON

Aberdeen 2 (Hayes 7, Boyd 65)

Heart of Midlothian 0

--

St. Mirren 4 (Goncalves 27, 30, 70, McLean 39)
Aberdeen 2 (Hughes 8, Boyd 56)

Methinks my players are on holiday already lol. To be fair St. Mirren sit 4th in the table so they arent that bad a side.

--

Aberdeen 5 (Boyd 13, 21, 44, Milsom 45, Smith 63)
Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 (A.Shinnie 12, Polworth 18)

A fitting way to end the season - plenty of goals and a hat-trick for Kris Boyd! Cammy Smith also had one disallowed.

--

SUMMARY

Not much to point out regarding the final month of the season. Celtic won the Scottish Cup while Real Madrid won the Champions League and Liverpool the Europa League.

Overall though this season has been hugely successful. I kind of hoped to finish 2nd but didnt think I would win a trophy straight away. Kris Boyd has been immense (he even won the European Golden Shoe Award!!!!) while youngsters like Hendrie and Smith have excelled.

The chances of me leaving Pittodrie before next season is almost zero so next season I hope to earn a bit of cash in Europe and get a bit closer to Celtic.

--

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 345655

FIRST TEAM SQUAD

View attachment 345659

PLAYER OF THE SEASON
KRIS BOYD

View attachment 345660

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON
CAMMY SMITH

View attachment 345661

AWARDS

European Golden Shoe: Kris Boyd
Football Writers Player of the Year: Cammy Smith
SPL Player of the Year: Kris Boyd
SPL Top Scorer: Kris Boyd
SPL Team of the Year: Cammy Smith, Kris Boyd

Last edited:
0,,10284%7E9759234,00.jpg

PRE-SEASON

Airdrie United W7-1
Alloa Athletic W4-2
Bordeaux L0-1
Peterhead W4-0

--

images

Group stage in the Europa League minimum
Close the gap on Celtic

--

PLAYERS IN

I have found an amazing regen but I am £200K short but I dont want to sell Kris Boyd to get him! lol. Anywho I brought in two new keepers. Michalis Sifakis came in from Charleroi while veteran Craig Gordon came in and is only getting paid £400 per week!

I had already arranged 3 deals. Paul McGowan from St. Mirren, Joe McKee from Bolton and Stephen McGinn from Watford will add strength and depth to our midfield.

After bidding for half the First Division I finally allowed John Collins to complete a signing in the shape of Conor McGrandles from Falkirk for £85,000 while I signed 18y/o Daniele Gabriele from Freiburg on a free.
View attachment 345702View attachment 345703View attachment 345704View attachment 345705View attachment 345706View attachment 345708View attachment 345711

--

PLAYERS OUT

Rob Milsom and Niall McGinn went down south for £250,000 each while I got £180,000 for Jamie Langfield from Sheffield United. I also sold Nicky Low and Stephen Hughes to Scunthorpe for £110,000 and Derek Riordan to Mansfield for £18,000.

Gary Naysmith, Mitchel Megginson and Jordan Brown got released while Gabriele, O'Neill and Rogers went out on loan to feeder side Peterhead.

--

SUMMARY

We are stronger than last season methinks as the players that have come in are better than the ones that have left. Sifakis will be my first choice keeper while McGowan will challenge Ayoze and Hayes for a place on the wing.

I was extremely disappointed not to get any players off my parent clubs - Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea (who were added in the summer). I got Walsall as a feeder side by the way.

--

NEW STAFF

I finally got Duncan Shearer as my reserves manager. Craig Robertson is now a coach as Ricky Sbragia is my new Chief Scout while I got a German in as a youth team coach.

--

OTHER NEWS

We get drawn against Debrecen in the Europa League
Chris Hughton is the new manager at Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Last edited:
images

Aberdeen celebrating beating Real Madrid in the Cup Winners Cup final in 1983

AUGUST

Aberdeen 2 (Goulon 63, Smith 78)
St.Mirren 1 (Gordon 71)

This game was actually played in July. McGowan and McGinn came off the bench to make their debuts against their old club.

--

UEFA Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg
Aberdeen 6 (Boyd 38, 77, 88, Hayes 45, Reynolds 51, Goulon 73)
Debrecen 0

Safe to say we are through to the next round! lol

--

UEFA Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg
Debrecen 2 (Sidibe 18, Varga 49)
Aberdeen 3 (Osbourne 17, McKee 24, Ayoze 59)
(Aberdeen won 9-2 on aggregate)

I played a backup side as expected here.

--

Hamilton Academical 0
Aberdeen 1 (Reynolds 51)

--

Aberdeen 3 (Boyd 21, 57pen, Smith 81)
Dundee United 0

Our 100% record continues. The performance and result was very impressive.

--

UEFA Europa League Playoff 1st Leg
Aberdeen 0
AZ Alkmaar 0

Ayoze, Hayes, Thomson and McGowan were all injured so I knew it would be an uphill struggle. I rate AZ equally with Celtic so this was still a good result - especially as we only had 1 attempt on target.

--

Aberdeen 1 (McKee 73)
Celtic 3 (Hooper 6, 80, Lassad 50)

We were without 8 players here! With so many games coming thick and fast I am struggling to put out a side. We had no chance in this game really.

--

UEFA Europa League Playoff 2nd Leg
AZ Alkmaar 1 (Falkenburg 78)
Aberdeen (Boyd 74pen)

(Agg 1-1 Aberdeen won on away goals)

I must admit - when we got drawn against AZ I had written off our chances in reaching the group stages of the Europa League but we matched them and just sneaked through. The £1.13m will come in handy too!

--

SUMMARY

A magnificent start to the season. Sure we lost to Celtic but we won our other league games and managed to make it through to the Europa League group stages.

Off the field I agreed with my director of football to sign Everton winger Matthew Kennedy on loan from Everton and I strengthened our squad by signing Tobias Figueiredo on a free transfer from Sporting Lisbon.
View attachment 345759View attachment 345760

To play 8 games in the first month of the season is unheard of for me and our squad has suffered accordingly but hopefully things will calm down soon.

In the Europa League we got an excellent draw - Metalist Kharkiv, Hapoel Tel-Aviv and Vitesse Arnhem. We could quite easily top the group but also finish bottom!

Ryan Jack won his first cap for Scotland during the month.

View attachment 345918

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MARK REYNOLDS

View attachment 345757

Last edited:
images

SEPTEMBER

Motherwell 0
Aberdeen 2 (Goulon 27, McKee 90)

An impressive win this.

--

Ross County 2 (Glen 46, Wohlfarth 57)
Aberdeen 2 (Smith 23, Boyd 69)

Our first draw in the league this season. Not too disappointed.

--

UEFA Europa League Group C

Aberdeen 3 (Ayoze 21, Boyd 55, Considine 72)
Hapoel Tel-Aviv 2 (Awad 13, Djemba-Djemba 60)

If we are to get past the group stages we needed to win this and fortunately we did. We cant keep conceding 2 goals a game though.

--

Scottish Communities League Cup 3rd Round

Aberdeen 2 (Figueiredo 5, McKee 32)
Raith Rovers 0

I played a backup side here and they did me proud. Wootton made his debut here also.

--

Aberdeen 2 (Boyd 54, 64)

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 1 (Polworth 42)

We were terrible in the first half but after ranting at my players they did much better after the interval.

--

SUMMARY

Deadline day came and went and I didnt sign anyone, nor was anyone sold but I did manage to bring in 1 player midway through the month. Scott Wootton came in from Manchester United on a free transfer and will challenge Reynolds and Considine for a centre half spot.
View attachment 345949

Results wise this was a good month as we were unbeaten throughout. Our victory in Europe was a boost for morale and the bank balance as £173,000 is a lot of money for us!

View attachment 345951View attachment 345952

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOE MCKEE

View attachment 345950

Last edited:
images

OCTOBER

Metalist Kharkiv 3 (Edmar 31, 86, Rebenok 40)
Aberdeen 2 (Boyd 12, 39pen)

We were so close to getting a massive point here but just couldnt hold on in the end.

--

Dundee 2 (Kerr 9, Higgins 26)
Aberdeen 2 (Ayoze 39, Wootton 53)

I am content with a point as we fielded a depleted side plus we recovered from 2 down!

--

Aberdeen 3 (McManus 4, Goulon 35, Figueiredo 74)
Heart of Midlothian 1 (Sutton 90)

Hearts' good start to the season is well and truly over now as they lose once again.

--

Aberdeen 2 (Goulon 27, McGowan 59)
Vitesse Arnhem 1 (Perez 12)

A fantastic result that puts us top of the group at the halfway point. Vitesse are currently 2nd in the Eredivisie so I am well chuffed with the result.

--

St. Johnstone 1 (MacLean 76)

Aberdeen 2 (Ayoze 38, Hayes 60)

This is the first of 5 consecutive away games!

--

Scottish Communities League Cup QF
Heart of Midlothian 1 (Sutton 6)
Aberdeen 2 (Considine 61, Boyd 118)
AET

Every game I am having to change 4 or 5 players so how my team keep winning is beyond me!

--

SUMMARY

Another excellent month. We are still in touch with Celtic at the top of the league, progressed in the League Cup and won one of our Europa League games. I am constantly having to rotate my squad due to injuries or lack of fitness so everyone is getting plenty of game time.
View attachment 346198View attachment 346204

In the League Cup semis we will play Inverness Caledonian Thistle while I have agreed to sign a young Irish keeper in January for a pittance.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HEROLD GOULON

View attachment 346203

Last edited:
images

My assistant Archie Knox with an old manager who never amounted to much

NOVEMBER

Kilmarnock 0
Aberdeen 3 (Wootton 49, Boyd 61, Considine 65)

A magnificent win as I really struggled to put out a side. I didnt even have a fully fit striker available!

--

Vitesse Arnhem 3 (Perez 9, Havenaar 35, 42)
Aberdeen 2 (Goulon 12, Hayes 53)

We deserved a draw here but Vitesse's extra bit of quality paid dividends for them.

--

Dundee United 2 (Sifakis og42, Gauld 78)

Aberdeen 1 (Hayes 6)

United win the derby. Once again we probably deserved a draw.

--

Aberdeen 2 (Ayoze 8, McKee 57)
Hamilton Academical 1 (Routledge 25)

I had to make 3 subs before half time as 3 of my players got injured!

--

St. Mirren 0

Aberdeen 1 (Barron og41)

We sneaked victory here. They had an equaliser disallowed. We are 4pts clear but Celtic have 2 games in hand.

--

William Hill Scottish Cup 4th Round
Aberdeen 3 (McGinn 12pen, Robertson 87, McManus 90)
Dumbarton 1 (Gilhaney 63)

Two late goals spared our blushes here. I played a backup side and young RW Scott Ferries impressed.

--

SUMMARY

Another successful month. Sure we lost in Europe and our precariously lying 3rd in the group but other than that all went well. I dont even mind losing to Dundee United as I dont consider ourselves to be title contenders yet. Having said that, if I could field my strongest side for a few games in a row we may just upset the applecart a bit.

Scotland somehow defeated France in the World Cup play-offs. Unsurprisingly I didnt get the French job! lol
View attachment 346243View attachment 346248

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SCOTT WOOTTON
View attachment 346257

Last edited:
afc.jpg

DECEMBER

Hapoel Tel-Aviv 2 (Buskila 47, 71)
Aberdeen 3 (McKee 42pen, Hayes 64, Goulon 82)

A vital win. Metalist defeated Vitesse so there are 3 teams tied at the top on 9pts with us still sitting 3rd. Hapoel are now out of it.

--

Aberdeen 3 (Boyd 61, 85, 86)
Motherwell 1 (Higdon 7)

Cammy Smith finally returned from injury and it is no coincidence that Boyd found his scoring touch again in the same game - Smith got 2 assists. Having said that Boyd has scored 17 in 20 this season which isnt bad!

--

Aberdeen 1 (Goulon 57)

Ross County 0
--

Aberdeen 3 (Hayes 41, Boyd 69pen, Smith 81)
Metalist Kharkiv 0

THROUGH WE GO!!!! And as group winners too! We were excellent here and fully deserved the win. Vitesse Arnhem finished 2nd in the group.

--

Celtic 2 (Bangura 76, Matthews 90)
Aberdeen 0

For a long time in this match I thought that we would escape with a point - especially after they had a goal disallowed but it was not to be.

--

Aberdeen 4 (Boyd 7, 34, Smith 49, Hayes 50)

Kilmarnock 0

Kris Boyd actually had a goal disallowed before he opened the scoring here.

--

SUMMARY

All the excitement this month involved the Europa League as we won our last 2 group matches to win the group and qualify for the knockout stages where we will play Chievo. Not a bad draw as they are fighting against relegation in Serie A.

In the Scottish Cup 5th Round we have drawn against Partick Thistle.

My assistant manager Archie Knox, coach Jocky Scott and player, Russell Anderson, have all announced their impending retirements at the end of the season.
View attachment 346272View attachment 346267

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KRIS BOYD
View attachment 346271

Great form mate keep it up!

If you dont mind me asking what Face pack download are you using?

Back