The Big Journey - Klippybo's Journeyman Career

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 42K
Well done on winning the league and Champions League. Massive result. I was thinking there would be another year at Bilbao and then moving on but good effort. Milan will be a good task for you, look forward to seeing how it goes.

images

KRIS STUART APPOINTED BELGIUM MANAGER

After the World Cup (Spain beat Italy on penalties) I got offered the chance to manage Russia and Serbia but when Belgium offered me the chance I was delighted to accept.

Lukaku, Courtois, Hazard, Benteke etc - some team!!!!

--

images

KRIS STUART APPOINTED CROATIA MANAGER

I was manager of Belgium for 3 days lol. I was offered the chance to manage France and Croatia but despite France offering me £35k a week more and having an immense squad I decided to go Croatia.

Why? Some great young talent, never managed them before unlike France and Belgium and of course I will now have to learn Croatian!!!!!

images

PRE-SEASON

I was a busy bee during the summer what with overhauling both the coaching and playing staff! In total I spent a whopping £72m and recouped nearly £40m.

The media predict that we will finish 3rd but I fancy my chances at winning the title. No Italian side has really challenged for the Champions League in recent years and after having a very quick glance at my opponents squads I feel that there is no stand-out team.

Anywho on to my new recruits.

--

PLAYERS IN

My defence certainly needed strengthening. I shelled out £22m for Robson Michael a Brazilian CB who I liken to Zouma. I then spent £17m on Sime Vrsaljko to be my RB and £15m on Maxim Poundje to be my LB. To complete my defensive signings I brought in Amedeo Benedetti from Real Betis for £4.6m.
View attachment 363240View attachment 363241View attachment 363242View attachment 363243

In midfield I spent £9m on Genoa's young Italian Gianni Daniele while up front I brought my old pal Mads Myhrmann in on loan from Newcastle.
View attachment 363244View attachment 363245

Finally I brought in these guys for pennies.
View attachment 363252View attachment 363253View attachment 363254View attachment 363257

I should mention that I failed to get the bargain of the century as Man City released James Rodriguez but I couldnt sign him as we had already signed 2 non-EU players and he went to Newcastle instead - GUTTED!!!!!

--

PLAYERS OUT

Many! Real Zaragoza bought Pozuelo, Forren and Ascues for £10.8m, Cabella went to Eintracht Frankfurt for £8.25m, Sansone (Atalanta £3.2m), Pukki (Sevilla £2.8m), Nocerino (Dortmund £2.9m), Morganella (Montpellier £3.5m) and Emanuelson (Sunderland £2.2m) also all left.

There were of course several others for small fees and free transfers but those were the main ones.

--

SUMMARY

In my head my first XI will be - Viviano, Vrsaljko, Pundje, Michael Robson, Capuano, Crisetig, Daniele, Bonaventura, Pereyra, Caprari, Niang but that could so easily change.

Anywho I still have a week or so left of pre-season but I thought I should post this now as I dont envisage there to be much happening until the season gets underway.

Great win in the league and Champions League with Bilbao! You were doing well with Newcastle too!

Good luck with AC Milan, I reckon you can win the league!

images

AUGUST - HOW SERIE A LOOKS

AC Milan 3 (Balotelli 9, Crisetig 72, Myhrmann 86)
Cesena 1 (Okaka 63)

A decent start. Pleased that Mads came off the bench to score on his debut. We should have scored 10 though.

SUMMARY

Just the one game this month and it was easily won. The Europa League draw has seen us come out in the same group as Metalist Kharkiv, Real Betis and Asteras Tripolis.

I did also make 1 more signing in the window. I sold sub keeper Rafael to Juventus for £1.5m and then brought in Danish keeper Carsten Feddersen from Udinese for £3.9m
View attachment 363530

--

images

CROATIA

Friendly

Croatia 2 (Caban 64, 88)
Chile 1 (Sanchez 32)

--

SERIE A BRIEF SQUAD INFO

[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]CLUB
[/TD]
[TD]MANAGER
[/TD]
[TD]KEY SIGNINGS
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ascoli
[/TD]
[TD]Roberto Tedeschi
[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Atalanta
[/TD]
[TD]Francesco Guidolin
[/TD]
[TD]Macheda, Babacar, Merkel, Podstawski
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cagliari
[/TD]
[TD]Massimiliano Allegri
[/TD]
[TD]D.Zapata
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Catania
[/TD]
[TD]Pasquale Marino
[/TD]
[TD]Saivet, Marcellis, Ricardo Alvarez
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cesena
[/TD]
[TD]Pierpaolo Bisoli
[/TD]
[TD]Okaka, P.Iliev
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chievo
[/TD]
[TD]Massimo Ficcadenti
[/TD]
[TD]F.Jara, Ljajic
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fiorentina
[/TD]
[TD]Davide Dionigi
[/TD]
[TD]D.Rugani, L.Krejci
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Genoa
[/TD]
[TD]Stefano Pioli
[/TD]
[TD]Caldirola, T.Hazard
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Inter Milan
[/TD]
[TD]Stefano Colantuono
[/TD]
[TD]Maher, Milner, Lavezzi, Knockaert, Juan Jesus
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Juventus
[/TD]
[TD]Ciro Ferrara
[/TD]
[TD]ter-Stegen, Abate, G.Milanov
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Lazio
[/TD]
[TD]Clarence Seedorf
[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Napoli
[/TD]
[TD]Giuseppe Sannino
[/TD]
[TD]S.Mane, Howedes, Consigli, Mkhitaryan
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Novara
[/TD]
[TD]Giuseppe Izzo
[/TD]
[TD]-
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Palermo
[/TD]
[TD]Davide Ballardini
[/TD]
[TD]Tomer Maman (insane regen)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Roma
[/TD]
[TD]Gianfranco Zola
[/TD]
[TD]Holtby, Bellusci, Nasri, Darron Gibson lol
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sampdoria
[/TD]
[TD]Alberto Malesani
[/TD]
[TD]Marilungo
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Torino
[/TD]
[TD]Paolo Di Canio
[/TD]
[TD]J.McClean, Boudebouz, Canales
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Udinese
[/TD]
[TD]Alessandro Calori
[/TD]
[TD]Immobile
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Verona
[/TD]
[TD]Andrea Mandorlini
[/TD]
[TD]N.Tagliafico
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

dude your stories are class. was disappointed to see you leave bilbao but what more could you do. would love to see a pic of languages learned if you can.

dude your stories are class. was disappointed to see you leave bilbao but what more could you do. would love to see a pic of languages learned if you can.

will do when i get a few more. at the moment i am fluent in english, spanish and japanese with basic french. obviously i will get croatian and italian soon!

images

SEPTEMBER

Ascoli 0
AC Milan 2 (Pereyra 2, Balotelli 13)

--

AC Milan 2 (Pereyra 28, Capuano 37)
Lazio 0

Pereyra got sent-off here for violent conduct but it didnt matter.

--

UEFA Europa League Group K
AC Milan 1 (Niang 16)
Real Betis 0

I have decided to rest players for the Europa League so results may be patchy lol.

--

Sampdoria 1 (Alexe 13)
AC Milan 2 (Caprari 69, Daniele 77)

Once again we absolutely batter our opposition and once again we fail to hit the target often enough. Bonaventura had one disallowed before we equalised.

--

AC Milan 2 (Caprari 30, Vrsaljko 48)
Chievo 1 (Silva 82)

Our solid start to the season continues........

--

Palermo 1 (Maman 20)
AC Milan 1 (Crisetig 32)

An acceptable result I suppose. Maman is an insane regen from Israel and will probably single-handedly keep Palermo up!

--

SUMMARY

This month went very well as we played some decent stuff however we arent converting our chances at a decent enough rate.

My new signings seem to have settled in quite well but my squad is still quite small (especially with you having to name 12 subs in Serie A). I will probably need to strengthen further in January if I receive any funds that is!

Our next league game isnt until the 21st of October! lol
View attachment 364572

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ROBSON MICHAEL
View attachment 364571
--

images

CROATIA

Friendlies

Russia 1 (Kokorin 56)
Croatia 1 (Halilovic 35)

--

Croatia 2 (Vukusic 12, Caban 83)

Japan 0

Right folks - gotta be honest - this move to Milan is having a detrimental effect on my story as I am not enjoying it near as much. That is probably due to the fact that I had such an enjoyable time at Bilbao and the next destination was always going to be seen as a lesser club in my eyes.

So currently I am toying with 2 options - carry on here or start a story with Bilbao again and play it until FM14 comes out!

Let me know what you think.

Maybe Bilbao but in like 2020 or something or else because of your limit incoming players it could become very similar to your other previous goes as them, i loved the last one so whatever floats your boat and tickles your pickle

It's your story buddy, do what makes it enjoyable, if it happens to be Bilbao then go for it! I will follow no matter what :-)

Yeah, it's your choice but I would say Bilbao as not only will you have fun it is a bit of a challenge with Basque transfer thing.
?

Back