The Boxing thread

God looking back at all I have just written in these few posts should defo be practising a boxing blog and not a footie blog haha
Yes LOL. Yeah will defo walk through Sprott in a round. And price is not on Joshua skill level, but has a bangers chance. Yeah would leave Haye at least year after next, but I think Joshua could most probs beat him tbh by the time he fights would have improved more. Plus Hayes lack of action would really hinder him imo.

Yes LOL. Yeah will defo walk through Sprott in a round. And price is not on Joshua skill level, but has a bangers chance. Yeah would leave Haye at least year after next, but I think Joshua could most probs beat him tbh by the time he fights would have improved more. Plus Hayes lack of action would really hinder him imo.

TBH I doubt Haye would take it, would be a very dangerous fight for him to take if he lost that is it game over, whereas Joshua would just come again if he lost.

I personally wouldn't match Joshua against any of the better British heavyweights. That includes Fury/Haye/Chisora/Price

Wait for that until it means much more as for now it will only harm one of them with no massive gain for the winner as it will be unlikely to be an eliminator of some sort

I would be looking at the likes of Tony Thompson, Ustinov, Adamek, Kevin Johnson - These fights would provide experience with world level challengers at some point who can also take a punch.

The one criticism so far is that he hasn't been matched with a 6ft3+ heavyweight. They have all been on the shorter side and would need experience like that before facing Fury or Price especially

I personally wouldn't match Joshua against any of the better British heavyweights. That includes Fury/Haye/Chisora/Price

Wait for that until it means much more as for now it will only harm one of them with no massive gain for the winner as it will be unlikely to be an eliminator of some sort

I would be looking at the likes of Tony Thompson, Ustinov, Adamek, Kevin Johnson - These fights would provide experience with world level challengers at some point who can also take a punch.

The one criticism so far is that he hasn't been matched with a 6ft3+ heavyweight. They have all been on the shorter side and would need experience like that before facing Fury or Price especially

I can see why you say that and I have to agree with you somewhat, a potential fight with Price would not be till next summer so the rate he is fighting could have 6-7 fights before then. I'm just trying to work out when it would be and where I am hoping on the stadium show in hull around June/July but I should be so lucky ;) would defo go though wherever it is only seen Joshua a handful of times the first time was at the bar and by time I got back he'd knocked him out haha

Seeing as this thread is quite active today I will put some of the fights that are either happening or potentially happening I will give my answers in a separate post shortly, feel free to give reasoning.

Fury/ Chisora

DeGale/Froch

Frampton/Quigg

Brook/Khan

feel free to add more

Seeing as this thread is quite active today I will put some of the fights that are either happening or potentially happening I will give my answers in a separate post shortly, feel free to give reasoning.

Fury/ Chisora

DeGale/Froch

Frampton/Quigg

Brook/Khan

feel free to add more
I really struggle to call any of them fights. But **** me some tasty ones right there! :)

Fury/ Chisora

DeGale/Froch

Frampton/Quigg

Brook/Khan

feel free to add more

I really struggle to call any of them fights. But **** me some tasty ones right there! :)

In my opinion...

Fury - Too big and physical
Froch - But dont think the fight will happen
No idea - Frampton and Quigg i have no idea whatsoever! 50/50 for me
Khan - Too quick for Brook and fought better opponants, only danger would be if Khan trades with Brook

Well seeing as I made the post I best have an attempt

Fury/Chisora

well before hughie fury sadly passed away I would have said fury all day long with his longer reach and being the bigger man but now I am not sure what state of mind Tyson will be in but I'll still go with my original feeling of Fury.

Degale/Froch

this one is so so so difficult to call, the casual fan will say Froch all day long but it will not be so straight forward, Froch has a really low left hand now degale being southpaw could give him a world of trouble more so than Groves did. Now there is a real long and difficult answer to this but I'll save you from it will go a shock and Degale

Edit - Just want to put here when I say casual fan will say Froch all day long just mean some randomer in the street who may not know much about degale and therefore goes Froch by default or by wide margin. Not to say Froch can't win because tbf except for Ward has always found a way

Frampton/Quigg

Frampton but not as easily as people think Quigg is improving all the time and may even nick it

Brook/Khan

yeah this one for me is the most difficult and can't pick

Last edited:
In my opinion...

Fury - Too big and physical
Froch - But dont think the fight will happen
No idea - Frampton and Quigg i have no idea whatsoever! 50/50 for me
Khan - Too quick for Brook and fought better opponants, only danger would be if Khan trades with Brook
Tbh I agree with that tbh. Think Froch will retire after his last big fight at Vegas, most probs against Chavez Jr. Froch will only fight De Gale if the purse is mahoosive.

Looking forward to the boxing tonight. Should be a cracker Golovkin will win I think, got to be one of the best pound for pound boxers atm.

Looking forward to the boxing tonight. Should be a cracker Golovkin will win I think, got to be one of the best pound for pound boxers atm.

Cant see it lasting longer than 4-5 rounds personally.. better fight of the night will be Donaire-Walters

I see Golovkhin won he now gets the winner of Cotto/Alvarez for the title, that should be a fight to get the blood pumping!

Just watched the Donaire v Walters fight. Was a cracker for 6 rounds each fighter being hurt after some clubbing shots from both fighters. Walter just looked to strong and the bigger puncher, think Donaire is done at the top level now.

Wow finished watching the Rubio v Golovkin fight. Lol made Rubio look like a nobody doing what he wants when he wants. Gonna take some stopping this lad!

What a performance by Luke Campbell absolutely destroyed Brizuela long way to go but I am even more convinced that he will be a world champion he has scary potential and how quick his hands are is actually scary. Now onto Coyle/Katsidis expecting an absolute war hope it doesn't disappoint!!!

WOW WHAT A PUNCH BY COYLE
Great from Campbell what a demolition. I am convinced he will be world champ also. Good punch by Coyle but Katsidis made it easy for him no defence what so ever and just walking forward swinging aimlessly. Was more impressed with Campbell. Will be good fight between the 2, can only see Campbell breaking Coyle down after 6-7 rounds. Also chuffed for Jamie McDonnell.