The Boxing thread

**** just seen the Crolla fight. Ended in a technical draw, gutted for him blown his chance for a world title fight next!

Still possible tbh.. Ranked 4th in the WBO and it is not like he lost/struggled in that fight, it will almost be classed as a write-off

Still possible tbh.. Ranked 4th in the WBO and it is not like he lost/struggled in that fight, it will almost be classed as a write-off
Yeah true but wont be mandatory challenger now. Looking forward to Joshua fight, bit behind coz was watching Madrid Derby :)

WOW Anthony Joshua. Scary! Just toyed with him for 3 rounds. Title fight next in October 11th cant wait! Not been this excited about a heavyweight since Tyson!

Scott Quigg got the business done in impressive fashion. Expected to deliver but a sickening body shot to finish it

Groves 1st fight tonight after that massive knock out by Froch. Will be interesting to see how he recovers.

Groves 1st fight tonight after that massive knock out by Froch. Will be interesting to see how he recovers.

Should blow him out the water he is a level above but like you say depends how he comes back, he is a mentally strong fighter though so I would expect him to be ok.

These Yafai brothers look a bit tasty exciting times in British boxing we have some good young stars coming through to add to the established fighters in the domestic scene. I expect some good fights in the next 12-18 months

Should blow him out the water he is a level above but like you say depends how he comes back, he is a mentally strong fighter though so I would expect him to be ok.

These Yafai brothers look a bit tasty exciting times in British boxing we have some good young stars coming through to add to the established fighters in the domestic scene. I expect some good fights in the next 12-18 months
Was dissaionted with Groves tbh mate. Clearly gassed later on again and took silly shots trying to knock Brasse out leaving him self open even got wobbled couple times against a non puncher. Was impressed with Yafai bros and Campbell.

Was dissaionted with Groves tbh mate. Clearly gassed later on again and took silly shots trying to knock Brasse out leaving him self open even got wobbled couple times against a non puncher. Was impressed with Yafai bros and Campbell.

Yeah wasn't the best but I thought it was a very watchable fight, Rebrasse has a good chin on him. Hope Groves can go on to beat Dirrell but I cannot really say only fight I saw of his was when he won the belt vs Bika and it was one of the worst title fights I've ever seen. I think Groves thought he could just walk through Rebrasse when really he should've just out-boxed him to get the win more comfortably because that double jab is probably his best asset. Tbf to him though he threw nearly 1000 punches so no wonder he was gassed later on.

I think next month we will seewhat Luke Campbell is made of and where he sits within the domestic scene when he fights Brizuela next month (I am going :) ). I honestly believe Campbell will be world champ he has fast hands and now he is pro has bulked up and looks big at the weight.

Yeah wasn't the best but I thought it was a very watchable fight, Rebrasse has a good chin on him. Hope Groves can go on to beat Dirrell but I cannot really say only fight I saw of his was when he won the belt vs Bika and it was one of the worst title fights I've ever seen. I think Groves thought he could just walk through Rebrasse when really he should've just out-boxed him to get the win more comfortably because that double jab is probably his best asset. Tbf to him though he threw nearly 1000 punches so no wonder he was gassed later on.

I think next month we will seewhat Luke Campbell is made of and where he sits within the domestic scene when he fights Brizuela next month (I am going :) ). I honestly believe Campbell will be world champ he has fast hands and now he is pro has bulked up and looks big at the weight.
100% agree with everything you say about Campbell mate, has really taken to the pro game. Just looks like he has everything to become world champ Body,Skills,Attitude the lot. Rebrasse was underestimated by Groves imo. But I think its to early for Direel or Abraham think he needs one more fight. Think Abraham would tag him and that would be that. And Dirrell is the smarter boxer and would win on points. Groves know need to rush into it, he is still young and a couple more losses at title level would be huge knock to his career. Especially with rumours that his promo team were looking to leave him after the 2 Froch losses.

Smith vs Abraham tomorrow and if we are being honest it's a massive ask for Paul Smith to beat Abraham, however Abraham could get old overnight as the saying goes has been in some brutal wars over the years so you can never be quite sure how much is left in the tank. Smith just can't try to out bang him because that plays into his hands, we have to see something we have never seen from Smith for him to get the belt. Heart says Smith head says Abraham lets hope my Heart is right to gain another British world champ!

Smith vs Abraham tomorrow and if we are being honest it's a massive ask for Paul Smith to beat Abraham, however Abraham could get old overnight as the saying goes has been in some brutal wars over the years so you can never be quite sure how much is left in the tank. Smith just can't try to out bang him because that plays into his hands, we have to see something we have never seen from Smith for him to get the belt. Heart says Smith head says Abraham lets hope my Heart is right to gain another British world champ!
Agree mate. Smiths only chance is to box long and take it late imo.

Agree mate. Smiths only chance is to box long and take it late imo.

yeah defo but even then I struggle to see how he can win, he will get the chance to win the opening few rounds because Abraham is a notoriously slow starter but it's then staying in front. Whichever way I look at it I just think Abraham has too much for him just really hope that I am wrong

Here we go hope Smith can do it!

Also British Boxing has the best fans I do not care what anyone says wish I was sat with the scousers in that arena!

Smigger! Smigger! Smigger!

Good start with winning the first two rounds but Abraham took over since then - good effort from Smith but he needs something to change

Good start with winning the first two rounds but Abraham took over since then - good effort from Smith but he needs something to change

Great round that one, Abraham looks not in the best shape. Smith defo still in this I think he is starting to believe.

edit I am watching on Ipad so few mins behind was talking bout 7th

Great round that one, Abraham looks not in the best shape. Smith defo still in this I think he is starting to believe.

edit I am watching on Ipad so few mins behind was talking bout 7th

Fantastic stuff from Smith in my opinion.

I have it either 6-4/5-5 in rounds in favour of Smith.. a very close fight but that is obviously subjective and down to personal opinion

I cannot believe them scorecards it was alot closer than that what a joke, personally had smith winning.