The Boxing thread

Absolute embarrassment. Politics and home support wins everytime no matter how the fight pans out and it is the one real shame about boxing

No doubt an appeal will be lodged. Without doubt the worst scorecards i have seen in a fight

Absolute embarrassment. Politics and home support wins everytime no matter how the fight pans out and it is the one real shame about boxing

No doubt an appeal will be lodged. Without doubt the worst scorecards i have seen in a fight

Got to agree mate, It is a joke in Germany look at Sturm he has had a few gifts. It was a close fight you could make a case for either guy to be fair but them point differences were mega.

Got to agree mate, It is a joke in Germany look at Sturm he has had a few gifts. It was a close fight you could make a case for either guy to be fair but them point differences were mega.

Literally shocked at how bad it was - Just hope something comes of it because a scorecard of 119-109 just goes to show Paul Smith had lost from the start

That would certainly be interesting.

The thing that makes it even more staggering is that Abraham took 3 or 4 rounds off to recover yet was still given 11 rounds by one judge?

Yeah he really stepped off and was blowing big time I cannot believe the difference it is about time judges were made accountable IMO, Joe Gallagher means well but you won't get Abraham to England no chance and I am not sure he will get a rematch anyway seeing as he was the voluntary depends on the WBO I suppose and if they appeal. Abraham doesn't have long left at the top by the looks of it to me.

Yeah he really stepped off and was blowing big time I cannot believe the difference it is about time judges were made accountable IMO, Joe Gallagher means well but you won't get Abraham to England no chance and I am not sure he will get a rematch anyway seeing as he was the voluntary depends on the WBO I suppose and if they appeal. Abraham doesn't have long left at the top by the looks of it to me.

No chance Abraham is coming to England unless he has too. Although an Anfield world title fight would be something else!

Abraham doesn't have much time left at all - a Froch, Ward, Groves, DeGale all beat him in my opinion

No chance Abraham is coming to England unless he has too. Although an Anfield world title fight would be something else!

Abraham doesn't have much time left at all - a Froch, Ward, Groves, DeGale all beat him in my opinion

On this performance they all beat him at a canter and by KO too, Anfield would be a mega night especially with a lot of local lads on the bill stadiums are something else for boxing Wembley was mega but Craven Park for Luke Campbells homecoming was probably the best atmosphere I have been to at Craven Park. Also Looks like it could be Coyle vs Campbell at the KC next summer be defo going to that as well!

Just watched the Smith fight. What a fecking joke! Was close fight but Smith easily won it by 2-3 rounds. Boxing in Germany should be ******* banned after that, not the 1st time its happened. Cant believe 1 judge only had Smith winning 1 round. Im fecking ******! Like Lewis said defo boxing polatricks going on here ! Re match at the very least should be on the cards. Like I said im ******!

In Selby and Joshua we sure do have 2 great tallents and world champions!

If Joshua keeps his feet on the ground he will be undisputed champion without a doubt, but he has to not let it all go to his head like Tyson, but to be fair to Tyson he lost his way once his original trainer died if that hadn't happened I is crazy to think what he would've been.

Selby seen him live a couple of times and on the box looks like he has the technique but I'll be honest he doesn't get me excited although I didn't watch him at the weekend.

i think British boxing as a whole is on the crest of a wave we have talent everywhere at the top end like Froch, Groves, Degale, Khan and Brook then world champions in the weight divisions that are less fancied like Quigg, Frampton and McDonnell. But then coming through we have some real special talent the two already mentioned, Campbell, Ogogo looks to be suited well to the pros more than amateurs. You have Eubank and Saunders what a fight that will be btw, Yafai brothers, Callum Smith god the list goes on and on, we have real conveyor belt of talent. There is also a big pool of domestic/European level fighters like Crolla, Matthews, Coyle, Price etc etc that's not even mentioning people like Haye, Fury, Chisora, Bellew and Cleverly British boxing is on the up and will only get better with every Olympics that passes we have really got our amateurs sorted out and a great bunch of trainers to translate that amateur pedigree to the professionals its a shame that cannot translate to football :(

Last edited:
If Joshua keeps his feet on the ground he will be undisputed champion without a doubt, but he has to not let it all go to his head like Tyson, but to be fair to Tyson he lost his way once his original trainer died if that hadn't happened I is crazy to think what he would've been.

Selby seen him live a couple of times and on the box looks like he has the technique but I'll be honest he doesn't get me excited although I didn't watch him at the weekend.

i think British boxing as a whole is on the crest of a wave we have talent everywhere at the top end like Froch, Groves, Degale, Khan and Brook then world champions in the weight divisions that are less fancied like Quigg, Frampton and McDonnell. But then coming through we have some real special talent the two already mentioned, Campbell, Ogogo looks to be suited well to the pros more than amateurs. You have Eubank and Saunders what a fight that will be btw, Yafai brothers, Callum Smith god the list goes on and on, we have real conveyor belt of talent. There is also a big pool of domestic/European level fighters like Crolla, Matthews, Coyle, Price etc etc that's not even mentioning people like Haye, Fury, Chisora, Bellew and Cleverly British boxing is on the up and will only get better with every Olympics that passes we have really got our amateurs sorted out and a great bunch of trainers to translate that amateur pedigree to the professionals its a shame that cannot translate to football :(
Agree mate, exciting times for sure! Joshua seems really level headed, felt sorry for Tyson once King got his claws in totally screwed him up in everyway! Sellby never has really excited me but went up a level on Saturday. Commentators said if Mayweather boxed like that we would all be waxing lyrical, thing that impressed me most was that when he got Brunker hurt he went and finished him off. Was very impressed! Showed he has power as well as silky skills.

Agree mate, exciting times for sure! Joshua seems really level headed, felt sorry for Tyson once King got his claws in totally screwed him up in everyway! Sellby never has really excited me but went up a level on Saturday. Commentators said if Mayweather boxed like that we would all be waxing lyrical, thing that impressed me most was that when he got Brunker hurt he went and finished him off. Was very impressed! Showed he has power as well as silky skills.

Yeah Selby has always had the technique, For me personally what is nice is that I have been to quite a few shows now because it is fairly priced for good seats, but I have got to see a lot of these talents on the way up and see them grow into potential superstars. I remember you posted frequently last season about Uniteds 21s and watching them (sure it was you) so you probably know how I feel seeing so many of the that group in or around the first team squad. Just devastated I am not at Hull arena this month :(

Yeah Selby has always had the technique, For me personally what is nice is that I have been to quite a few shows now because it is fairly priced for good seats, but I have got to see a lot of these talents on the way up and see them grow into potential superstars. I remember you posted frequently last season about Uniteds 21s and watching them (sure it was you) so you probably know how I feel seeing so many of the that group in or around the first team squad. Just devastated I am not at Hull arena this month :(
Yeah was me mate. I try to see them as much as possible, or always watch them on the box. Luke Campbell boxing soon mate?

Yeah was me mate. I try to see them as much as possible, or always watch them on the box. Luke Campbell boxing soon mate?

25th October mate he fights Brizuela at Hull Arena, it's on the Coyle/katsidis undercard we will see where he stands in the scheme of things Brizuela/Coyle was an absolute war but Campbell will just be too classy and too fast. Campbell/Coyle next year I'll be mega at the KC

25th October mate he fights Brizuela at Hull Arena, it's on the Coyle/katsidis undercard we will see where he stands in the scheme of things Brizuela/Coyle was an absolute war but Campbell will just be too classy and too fast. Campbell/Coyle next year I'll be mega at the KC
After Joshua beats Skelton I think he fights next? What you think of him against Price? Would be good domestic fight!

After Joshua beats Skelton I think he fights next? What you think of him against Price? Would be good domestic fight!

Yeah he is gunna fight Sprott will just walk through him 1 round I reckon, Price vs Joshua is a really interesting fight because Price is probably fighting similar level of opposition at the moment well maybe 1 level above but not much difference really. It's interesting because Joshua's defence has never been tested really, and Price can bang especially pre Thompson.

I think Price has no confidence he believed his own hype and is now paying the price his confidence is shot and fighting bums in Germany isn't getting him anywhere especially when you consider the heavyweights around on the domestic scene like Fury and Chisora he is hiding really. I think Joshua hits harder, is a better athlete and technically is better than Price and as we saw vs Skelton he can do all the rough stuff too for a payday he will take it will it be competitive I am not so sure. I had high hopes for for Price but he is just not the fighter I thought he was at all.

on the other hand Eddie Hearn talking about Joshua/Haye next year is really silly, like him or loathe him he is a very smart fighter as we saw against his finest moment vs Valuev and I think Hearn should just let that one go as Hayes skillset is superior in every way right now. That fight should be 2 years away and Hearn shouldn't be rushing Joshua and should take the may weather approach for a few years and fight people at the right time whilst he is still learning the game.

God looking back at all I have just written in these few posts should defo be practising a boxing blog and not a footie blog haha