The Boxing thread

DarloGeorge96

Reaction score
First of all lets start with Hatton. Any1 watching his fight tonight? Should be interesting to see how good he is and especially what his durability is like. Personally think if he boxes in straight lines he will get countered and knocked out but if he uses good head movement he should be able to win. If he does win tonight we could see some good domestic fights against Kell Brook and Amir Khan and maybe a title fight against Malignaggi I know Malignaggi wants to fight him again after he lost to Hatton back in 2008.

Now Mayweather.
Rumers are he will be fighting either Conelo Alvarez. Young, hungry, powerfull Mexican who could take over in the future as pound for pound best for his time. Think this would be a good move for both as Mayweather needs a warm up fight before the Pac man and this guy would get the Pay Per view buys that Money Mayweather would want. Almost all of Mexico would tune in with the ladies wanting him to win and the men wanted him to get knocked out. It this does happen Mayweather would win probably on points and look good doing so. Rumers are Timothy Bradley wants a shot at 'Money'. After his win against the Pac Man it would be an interesting fight but again I would go for a Mayweather points win by a considerable margin. The only other 2 that Mayweather would be interested in is Andre Berto and Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero who fight for the Interim WBO (or WBC?) Welterweight title tonight. Dont know a lot about these 2 but if he did end up fighting the winner I would bet on The money team to pull off the win. Also has any1 seen his twitter? The amount of money he wins on bets is shocking!

Now Kell Brook/Amir Khan
Rumers are that these 2 sparred in the ametures when they were young and both say they schooled the other. Would be a fantastic fight but Khan coming of back to back loses would have to agree with The Special One's terms which I dont think he would want to. If they were to fight it would be one of the fights of the year and I would go for a Kell knockout. This kid has got power. He knocked someone out with a jab.... a jab people! And we all know about Gary from autoglass bragging about repairing Khan's chin. Think Khan will beat Molina but I think he wants a re-match against Danny Swift Garcia. This would be very bad move for him as he would get knkocked out again and Golden Boy are close to dropping him. Especially after HBO made him re-arrange his fight twice because they didnt like the opponents they arranged.

The Heavyweight game and why the Hayemaker has gone into the jungle,
There isent much hope im afraid. Nobody can challange the Klit bro's and make a good fight atm except from Haye and Price. But with the crook Maloney taking Price up slowly he might not even fight one of the bro's for at least another year which would be bad for him IMO. Price should take care of Matt Skelton next and then take out that plum Fury. After that then he should go for one of the bro's. Prefereably Vitali if he dosent retire or fight Haye and lose. He would make a very good fight of it and has reportedly knocked down Vitali in sparring before. Which brings me on to Haye and the jungle. Its obvious why he is there. As long as getting a bit of press he wants Team K2 to offer him a contact as soon as he gets out. He thinks that they will offer him a fight which I honestly think they will as soon as he gets out for around March/April time. Maybe even late Febuary. Even tho Haye got a k0 against Chisora he didnt impress me. It was a poor performance from Chisora who didnt even train properly. Haye was 'blowing out his ****' after round 5. He is body beautiful but his stamina is shocking. But apart from this the heavyweight division is ***** atm. But one positive is we have good British Heavyweights comeing through. The likes of Price, Fury in the long term he is young and needs to sort his training out, Chisora is still on 28 and the guy im most excited about is Anothony Joshua. The kid from Watford impressed at London 2012 and has been touted at the next Lenox Lewis. Weather he can live up to it is yet unclear.

Fighter of the year
It has to be Danny Garcia. Possible knockout of the year as well with either his ko against Khan or Morales. Both were stunning. People say the Khan ko was a lucky punch. Ha, please he's knocked people out with his left hook his whole life. The fact that Khan spun around showed you how hard he was hit. The same thing happened to Morales. I wish more people would give this lad credit. People have excuses every time they get beat by him.
Lastly RIP Manny Steward!

What are people's views on boxing atm?

Now Khans dropped Roach he might box the way he should. He loses fights by trying to pub fight. He can't go toe to toe with anyone, if he fought like Mayweather (yes I know what your thinking) in a pretty boring defensive way he'd have a lot more success.. Use his speed and counter.

I'm worried for Hatton, yoyo-ing your weight isn't good for anyone never mind a professional athlete. I'll wait for tonights fight to make a comment on his future.

I don't think I can read the word 'rumers' anymore.

I meant rumors lol. Im gona go watch the Hatton fight now so I'll talk after and give my views on the fight and his future

I really hope Hatton dosent fight again. Tonight showed he isent good enough anymore and needs to stop. He started off well but he was running out of energy and in the last couple of rounds was getting outboxed. His timing was off through out the whole fight and was leaping in with wild left hooks which missed by so much he even fell over once. Didnt move his head enough and was getting hit far to often.

Malignaggi has just perfectly summed the fight up on US network tv.

1. Hatton was easily winning the fight with a round and 8 seconds left.

2. He was caught by a lucky shot, the same way Hasim Rahman and Oliver McCall caught Lennox Lewis.

3. Hatton, should've taken up a tune up fight before facing a WBA Champion, after 3.5 years off.

I really hope Hatton dosent fight again. Tonight showed he isent good enough anymore and needs to stop. He started off well but he was running out of energy and in the last couple of rounds was getting outboxed. His timing was off through out the whole fight and was leaping in with wild left hooks which missed by so much he even fell over once. Didnt move his head enough and was getting hit far to often.

He was winning on the scorecards at the point of the knockdown,

8 rounds in against a former world champ who only last the title and his unbeaten record 6 months ago

add that he was out for 3 and a half years,

Hatton did very well... was slowing down, and slowly the fight was swinging, but plenty of positives... although he should have gone against a few lesser opponents first to get his ring sharpness back,

looked very rusty and his timing was out

Last edited:
You can make all the excuses you like but he isent getting any younger and was getting outboxed in the last couple of rounds. This guy isent good. He has almost all his fights in Ukraine and looking at his record the only decent guy he has faught is Malignaggi and he lost that. Need to face up to it and admit Hatton dosent have it anymore. Not only that but he body wont be able to take much more either.

You can make all the excuses you like but he isent getting any younger and was getting outboxed in the last couple of rounds. This guy isent good. He has almost all his fights in Ukraine and looking at his record the only decent guy he has faught is Malignaggi and he lost that. Need to face up to it and admit Hatton dosent have it anymore. Not only that but he body wont be able to take much more either.

Hatton is not at his best and wont return to that pinnacle, but no matter what you say about Senchencko he was an unbeaten world champions until only 6months ago,

and for a 34 year old who has been out the game for 3.5 years to be ahead in the fight with only a round left, is not as bad as what people are making out

all im saying

Fair play to Hatton. So much heart in that man, love him to bits.

Hatton looked a lot more mature tonight than he used to, defence is still **** but thats Ricky. His timing was out and he was a bit tired but thats expected, 3 and a half years is a long time. Ring rust tonight was all with a lucky shot but thats boxing.

He could have come back again physically but mentally that loss would have crippled him. I really hope he doesn't fall back into depression and do something stupid. The UK loves him and he owes us nothing. Legend.

DarloGeorge showing once more how much of a muppet you are.

Hatton retired. Again. Shame his career ended that way, hopefully he can keep his life on track. Credit for not taking an easy fight, and a very honest retirement. Provided fantastic memories and a British Boxing great.

Fair play to Hatton. So much heart in that man, love him to bits.

Hatton looked a lot more mature tonight than he used to, defence is still **** but thats Ricky. His timing was out and he was a bit tired but thats expected, 3 and a half years is a long time. Ring rust tonight was all with a lucky shot but thats boxing.

He could have come back again physically but mentally that loss would have crippled him. I really hope he doesn't fall back into depression and do something stupid. The UK loves him and he owes us nothing. Legend.

DarloGeorge showing once more how much of a muppet you are.
How am I a muppet? You dont like me telling you the truth? He was getting outobxed in the last few rounds and some of the early rounds were very close and could have gone either way. I'm glad he had retired because he is not good enough to win another world title again

Glad he has retired now though, genuinely think he could have came back to some sort of decent level, but he threw himself in the deep end well and truly..

Still a British boxing Legend

and only lost two fights at his prime too two of the best boxers ever.

I hope Victor Ortiz makes it back to the big time and wins some more title fights. The lad has talent and power and deserves it after his childhood and how hard he has had to work. Was unlcuky against Joseto Lopez to get a broken jaw but that happens in boxing.

Well my Febuary has been ruined. Danny Garcia vs Zab Judah has been postponed till April 27th because Garcia has injured his ribs during sparring. What I find funny is that sparring partner who injured him has come out and said Garcia injured his thumb. That is really going to **** Al-Hayon off and I wouldnt be suprised if this guy never gets used again by top fighters. At least we have still got Brook fighting for a title. What will annoy me is that we wont ever see a Brook vs Khan fight at 147. Khan will get his rematch with Garcia but get knocked out again. After that he might fight for a title at 147 but he will be mainly an undercard fighter.

Anyone watching the Gavin Rees vs Broner fight tomorrow? I reckon it'll be a good one. Rees is very underated, he's a tough little guy and Broner seems to be underestimating him. Wouldn't be shocked to see it go the distance and to see Rees hurt Broner a bit.

Unbelievable prospect. Was a bit surprised with the opening round but the body shots and shot selection in the second were sickening

Interesting to see where he goes from here!

I can't see to many wanting to get in the ring with him if I am honest he is an immense prospect champ within 3-4 years he needs some rounds though they need to stick him in with someone who can at least make it past two!

did you watch his brother Paul? That was a good performance I think he has what it takes to beat Abraham but i think he will need the KO scorecards in Germany are always dodgy

I can't see to many wanting to get in the ring with him if I am honest he is an immense prospect champ within 3-4 years he needs some rounds though they need to stick him in with someone who can at least make it past two!

did you watch his brother Paul? That was a good performance I think he has what it takes to beat Abraham but i think he will need the KO scorecards in Germany are always dodgy

I think by the end of next year we could be seeing a potential title fight for Callum, but opponents may be a problem to find without stepping him up to a world class level already

Good performance from Paul but against a nobody so shouldn't be taken into consideration much. For me i don't think Paul can beat Abraham, but i would love to be wrong on that one