The Boxing thread

Bellew will take the plaudits and he won fair and square certainly didn't go the way I thought it would but the injury changes everything amd Haye was cantering till that point. But the way it goes if he has ruptured his achilles his career is over you feel. Bellew will get a decent payday vs another heavyweight but if he can't KO a gassed one legged Haye then he won't be knocking over anyone else. Apparently he has called out Deontay Wilder that will get him a payday but Wilder will dismantle him IMO

Thurman won by split decision, not seen the fight as I am working but apparently he won hands down and split decision was a joke call will try and catch it later

Thurman won by split decision, not seen the fight as I am working but apparently he won hands down and split decision was a joke call will try and catch it later
Yeah Thurman deserved the win. But after round 8 thought he had it won and let Garcia into it. And in round 11-12 was just running around the ring. I blame Thurman corner, telling him it was easy and done after 8 rounds. Could of cost him and made it closer by the judges.

Cracking fight! Could of gone either way tbh. Fair play to steel hammer showed no signs of age till later rounds he looked gassed and maybe feels he could of won it. But fair decks to Joshua got dragged deep and showed something that I'm sure a few people were questioning, when things got tough. Still had his speed and power late on but looked like he went in a bit heavy to me. Now time to knock out Wilder!

Joshua would have learned a **** of a lot tonight! Needs to pace himself a bit more instead of going for the blast out all the time. And his lack of head movement and him trying to walk forward to retaliate after getting clipped can't carry on.

I love how Joshua had to have a war with this guy and because he won people are comparing him to the all time greats. Tyson Fury absolutely schooled Wlad 18 months ago barely even taking a punch and yet he is still a ***.

Also these Ali/Tyson comparisons need to stop not even in the same league. Just shows you the state of the heavyweight scene. Think Wilder and Fury will both beat AJ on that performance.

As for the fight, AJ showed tremendous heart coming back from the brink. Wlad showing father time is catching up with him as a younger Wlad would have finished it off earlier. Massive respect to Wlad though fought near enough the perfect fight till the 11th. To come in and do that at 41 is no mean feat at all, think we will see a rematch and there is a clause. But we all wanna see him fight Wilder and Fury.

Gotta respect AJ good comeback because he was done, just wish the casuals would give it a rest >.<

I love how Joshua had to have a war with this guy and because he won people are comparing him to the all time greats. Tyson Fury absolutely schooled Wlad 18 months ago barely even taking a punch and yet he is still a ***.

Also these Ali/Tyson comparisons need to stop not even in the same league. Just shows you the state of the heavyweight scene. Think Wilder and Fury will both beat AJ on that performance.

As for the fight, AJ showed tremendous heart coming back from the brink. Wlad showing father time is catching up with him as a younger Wlad would have finished it off earlier. Massive respect to Wlad though fought near enough the perfect fight till the 11th. To come in and do that at 41 is no mean feat at all, think we will see a rematch and there is a clause. But we all wanna see him fight Wilder and Fury.

Gotta respect AJ good comeback because he was done, just wish the casuals would give it a rest >.<
On that performance yes. But this fight will take Joshua up a level. Yes I agree Fury schooled Wlad 18 months ago and was a top class boxing lesson. But Fury has shown that he can be very vunrable and hurt a lot. Especially in that Cunningham fight. Don't think Fury will get to that Wlad level again, but would prefer to see that fight than Wilder who I have never rated that highly tbh. Not sure Wlad will take up the rematch. Yes the Ali/ Tyson comps are pretty tiresome!!!

Another solid win for Katie Taylor last night against Meinke.
The German didn't trouble Taylor in a single round and the ref was right to stop it in the seventh. Meinke was clueless against Taylor's superior skills/plan and could barely defend herself.

On that performance yes. But this fight will take Joshua up a level. Yes I agree Fury schooled Wlad 18 months ago and was a top class boxing lesson. But Fury has shown that he can be very vunrable and hurt a lot. Especially in that Cunningham fight. Don't think Fury will get to that Wlad level again, but would prefer to see that fight than Wilder who I have never rated that highly tbh. Not sure Wlad will take up the rematch. Yes the Ali/ Tyson comps are pretty tiresome!!!

I think he takes the rematch all day long mega payday and its for unified titles.

Yeah Fury has let himself go but I think he will be back he will fight July it seems and then we could see him and AJ in the spring next year outdoors.

Fury has never been an athlete so tbh that really doesnt come into it. I think he is all wrong for Joshua imo yeah he is chinny but so is joshua but thats the HW division for you one punch can change it. AJ also gets gassed which is another factor, Fury has miles better feet than Wlad as he showed when they fought throw in AJ cannot even defend a stright jab this is no where near as cut and dried as everyone thinks but we will see I guess.

I am just bored of the hype beat a way passed his best champ and suddenly he is the greatest draw in boxing its ******* bullshit. But this is sky and eddie hearn and the clever marketing machine

Another solid win for Katie Taylor last night against Meinke.
The German didn't trouble Taylor in a single round and the ref was right to stop it in the seventh. Meinke was clueless against Taylor's superior skills/plan and could barely defend herself.

This girl has serious serious talent been impressed with her since seeing her at the London games. She would beat most the men at that weight imo that is how good she is. She will be champ before long, just so good technically its scary

I think he takes the rematch all day long mega payday and its for unified titles.

Yeah Fury has let himself go but I think he will be back he will fight July it seems and then we could see him and AJ in the spring next year outdoors.

Fury has never been an athlete so tbh that really doesnt come into it. I think he is all wrong for Joshua imo yeah he is chinny but so is joshua but thats the HW division for you one punch can change it. AJ also gets gassed which is another factor, Fury has miles better feet than Wlad as he showed when they fought throw in AJ cannot even defend a stright jab this is no where near as cut and dried as everyone thinks but we will see I guess.

I am just bored of the hype beat a way passed his best champ and suddenly he is the greatest draw in boxing its ******* bullshit. But this is sky and eddie hearn and the clever marketing machine
I think if Fury v Joshua happened last night it would of been a walk over for Fury. I just can't see Joshua gassing like that again and being that bad against a jab. Defo not cut and dry by any means!

I think if Fury v Joshua happened last night it would of been a walk over for Fury. I just can't see Joshua gassing like that again and being that bad against a jab. Defo not cut and dry by any means!

He needs to work on his defence mega imo especially for Wilder because he can seriously bang and is a monster of a man like AJ. Tbh I think because of his sheer size if the other guy can survive the onslaught he will always need a few rounds off likw last night. Bigger muscles use more energy and oxygen think that will be why he only fights to say 33/34 amd not into his 40s like Wlad especially if he does stay unbeaten

He needs to work on his defence mega imo especially for Wilder because he can seriously bang and is a monster of a man like AJ. Tbh I think because of his sheer size if the other guy can survive the onslaught he will always need a few rounds off likw last night. Bigger muscles use more energy and oxygen think that will be why he only fights to say 33/34 amd not into his 40s like Wlad especially if he does stay unbeaten
Good intriguing fights ahead for sure!

This girl has serious serious talent been impressed with her since seeing her at the London games. She would beat most the men at that weight imo that is how good she is. She will be champ before long, just so good technically its scary

Yeah, and she's a really nice person. No big ego, which is refreshing in a sport dominated by ******* eejits dancing around on platforms with their initials on fire. You'd think they were about to fight Ivan Drago.

Last edited:
I used to love boxing till one bad accident. I had a friendly fight and after one bad move I broke my wrist. In emergency clinic 24 hours, I read about them and the doctor said that I couldn't go into professional boxing. It destoyed me. But I still love to watch boxing on TV.

Last edited:
Brook vs Errol Spence Jr on Saturday and i cannot believe Spence is now odds on favourite to win. I have not seen alot of Spence but the hype job around him reminds me of a certain Geoff Lacy who got absolutely schooled by Calzaghe.

I could be way off the mark and Spence could be the real deal but i am going to stick my neck out and say that Brook gives him a boxing lesson. Brooks speed, and technique is second to none and he showed what an absolute warrior he is in the GGG fight.

Just think he will have way too much for Spence and Brook is a totally different animal. Coming off a loss he will be hurting and want to set the record straight. Thats my two cents anyway roll on fight night!

Brook vs Errol Spence Jr on Saturday and i cannot believe Spence is now odds on favourite to win. I have not seen alot of Spence but the hype job around him reminds me of a certain Geoff Lacy who got absolutely schooled by Calzaghe.

I could be way off the mark and Spence could be the real deal but i am going to stick my neck out and say that Brook gives him a boxing lesson. Brooks speed, and technique is second to none and he showed what an absolute warrior he is in the GGG fight.

Just think he will have way too much for Spence and Brook is a totally different animal. Coming off a loss he will be hurting and want to set the record straight. Thats my two cents anyway roll on fight night!

Yeah fair play to Brook going up to fight GGG, lost but didn't do himself any discredit at all!

I really rate Brook, agree with you that he should be too good for Spence but also the same as you, I've not seen a great deal of him!