The Boxing thread

Some cracking boxing at home and abroad tomorrow, AJ vs Whyte should be a cracker and I think that Whyte could well have more of a chance than people are giving him credit for. But it is so hard to judge because both have really fought no one. Undercard is really good too!

Also Roy Jones jr is fighting Enzo Macarinelli what the actual **** is all that about?

The Jones fight completely passed me by! Did not know that was on

I'll be watching the Joshua fight and hopefully a few of the undercard. Wish the main fight was on earlier though....going to be messy by 10.45!

The Jones fight completely passed me by! Did not know that was on

I'll be watching the Joshua fight and hopefully a few of the undercard. Wish the main fight was on earlier though....going to be messy by 10.45!

I may be wrong but I am sure the Jones fight is for an interim belt/mandatory shot at title. Yeah I will be at a mates so tempted to go on the moped. Undercard wise I want to see Campbell seeing as I am his biggest fanboy if he can stop Mendy it is a big statement imo, but Hearn needs to step him up next year. I was at the coyle/Campbell pre fight press conference and apparently the world title fight is coming to Hull in June.

Wanna watch McGregor when I get in so do not wanna get to messy that's why I am tempted to drive, that wil be a cracker with Aldo undefeated for 10 years. Followed the build up McGregor has done everything possible to antagonise him think it is slowly working to going by the last few exchanges.

I may be wrong but I am sure the Jones fight is for an interim belt/mandatory shot at title. Yeah I will be at a mates so tempted to go on the moped. Undercard wise I want to see Campbell seeing as I am his biggest fanboy if he can stop Mendy it is a big statement imo, but Hearn needs to step him up next year. I was at the coyle/Campbell pre fight press conference and apparently the world title fight is coming to Hull in June.

Wanna watch McGregor when I get in so do not wanna get to messy that's why I am tempted to drive, that wil be a cracker with Aldo undefeated for 10 years. Followed the build up McGregor has done everything possible to antagonise him think it is slowly working to going by the last few exchanges.

No chance of my mates staying sober haha. There is a decent pub to watch boxing not far from one mate so we will end up there, basically had a room with big screen to ourselves for the Fury fight.

We stand no chance of seeing the McGregor fight though.... as much as I want to watch it I know everyone will be done by that time in the morning!

What an absolute brilliant night of fighting! Where to even begin!

Campbell vs Mendy

Deserved win by Mendy, I was worried about this fight the more I looked at his record and Mendy showed us last night I was right to be worried. I was devastated when Luke lost but I actually think like has happened to Degale this could be the best result all round. Luke has too many hangers on and it looked like last night he had taken his eye off the ball hopefully this is a kick up the backside! He needs to move swiftly though because time is not on his side, no more ******* around with people like Tommy Coyle.

Mitchell vs Barroso

This was not so much a shock, but Mitchell was the favourite, however if you can bang you can bang and Barroso certainly can. Crolla now awaits for him and Crolla will have to be on his game because this guy looked dangerous all night against Mitchell. Gutted for Mitchell though do not think he is ever gunna get the strap which is sad for him.

Eubank jr vs O'Sullivan

This was a reyt scrap too, I am not sure how O'Sullivan survived the first/second round onslaught. But this guy has some chin, I do like Eubank he is a classy fighter but he really needs to leave his dad behind imo.

AJ vs Whyte

Wow what an absolute stonker of a heavyweight clash, Dylian Whyte did himself no shame in losing like he did. He took AJ places he had never been and I am sure that he will have learnt more in this fight than all the others put together. Whyte can come again though, I actually think if Hearn is smart he feeds him people and gets him into a world title position and then they have a unification match down the line.

The UFC

I know this is the boxing thread but it is pointless starting an MMA thread because not sure many watch it on the forums so lets just talk about it here. Was a great card with some mega fights, McGregor just WOW 13 seconds I mean it was crazy but what a punch, there will probably be a rematch I would imagine and it may not be long because KO aside no man took much punishment. I love the notorious one and I am glad he is champ. Fight of the night though was probably on the Prelim's well my favourite fight anyway Faber vs Saenz (spelling) it was a corker had everything!

Anyone watching the Haye fight? It's on the channel Dave on Saturday haha

Not watching tonight but I fancy Quigg I am really impressed with him and his punch power is underated. Really hard to call and frampton win on points wouldn't surprise me at all. Will download and dissect tomorrow!

Anyone watching the Joshua Martin fight tomorrow?

(anyone know a good stream site!?)

Think Joshua may have his hardest fight yet with Martin

Boxing was decent last night albeit nothing overly spectacular, Selby fight was ok did well to get off the canvass and win. Groves was looking decent,looks like he has learned to be more patient and less gung ho which is what he needed and pretty much why he lost the first Froch fight. Was impressed with Connor Benn looked just like his old boy with his movement and aggression. Long way to go and he will be a talent will need to curb his aggressiveness though when moving up in class but will come with experience. Joshua well what can you say to crosses put martin down and tbf he didn't want it after the first one. He wasn't all that and I actually bet on Round 2 KO so nice little profit there. Be interesting to see who he fights as all the decent heavywieghts barring Lucas Browne all have fights lined up and july 9th would be to soon. If Browne clears his name he could well fight him to get the WBA junior belt have to see. Exciting times in heavyweight division though

Great performance by Crolla and is truly the best in the division imo. Chisora clearly no where near good enough to be fighting at world level. And fair play to Khan, was ahead on points and boxing very well but Canelo can do that with one punch. Shame because I think if Khan could of survived maybe one or 2 more rounds he would of gone on to win.

The world has truly lost a great man, Muhammed Ali not only one of the greatest heavyweight champions there has ever been but one of the greatest ambassadors for the human race great man, great champion, Rest in Peace champ!

That's the Fury rematch postponed then :S

Said he has gone over on his ankle training, probably more to it though. Not seen the Klitchsko quote but from what I can ascertain he has labelled Fury Hitler. So Fury is very upset given his traveller background. He replied in kind saying some deragotory things about Ukraine and their role in the slaying of his people under Hitler. So could well be something about that

Said he has gone over on his ankle training, probably more to it though. Not seen the Klitchsko quote but from what I can ascertain he has labelled Fury Hitler. So Fury is very upset given his traveller background. He replied in kind saying some deragotory things about Ukraine and their role in the slaying of his people under Hitler. So could well be something about that

Tyson Fury postpones Wladimir Klitschko rematch due to injury - BBC Sport

there's a picture of his ankle at the bottom of the page mate

Looks like my boy Luke Campbell is fighting Derry Matthews in Liverpool on October 15th I may just have to go!

Indeed!

In the three big fights I see Golovkin 6-8, Haskins on points and unsure on Edwards as seen little of either fighter but hope he can pull it off!

Seen people saying Brook will get smashed but I think it will be much closer than that. Still think a Golovkin win though!

I've not actually looked at the undercard, any good ones to watch?

Seen people saying Brook will get smashed but I think it will be much closer than that. Still think a Golovkin win though!

I've not actually looked at the undercard, any good ones to watch?

Yeah - I don't think it will be completely one-sided but the size could be a big difference in the end (depending how Brook adapts to it of course)

Hall v Haskins could be tasty - typical come forward pressure fighter against a skilfull 'boxer'

Edwards v Casimero - Only something like his 11th fight and huge step up to world level but looked very slick in previous fights, just nothing to go on at this level and never seen Casimero!

Ward v Townend - Nice little british level scrap which could be good.

Then the usual Kid Galahad, Callum Smith, Paul Smith, Gavin McDonnell in fairly simple fights