Just read from page 1 - 9, you're doing well mate; can't argue with the results. If I can give some constructive criticism, sometimes I feel as if your layout is a little bulky. The writing, at times, seems too big and just there to fill space. Personally, I prefer concisely written match reports that summarise your game; as a suggestion, if you'd like to write more, I'd say maybe think about doing a 'Holloway's Afterthought' or something where you say who has impressed, whose position in the squad is under threat due to underperformance in the game, who is in contention for your next squad because of their league performances, etc.. Other than that, well done and good luck mate.

Just read from page 1 - 9, you're doing well mate; can't argue with the results. If I can give some constructive criticism, sometimes I feel as if your layout is a little bulky. The writing, at times, seems too big and just there to fill space. Personally, I prefer concisely written match reports that summarise your game; as a suggestion, if you'd like to write more, I'd say maybe think about doing a 'Holloway's Afterthought' or something where you say who has impressed, whose position in the squad is under threat due to underperformance in the game, who is in contention for your next squad because of their league performances, etc.. Other than that, well done and good luck mate.
cheers mate, yer will do mate good ideas

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

bbcsport.jpg

Ian Holloway tells Ashley Cole to forget about being picked again
Ian-Holloway-Rant-580x300.jpg

After Ashley Cole's extraordinary attack on England manager Ian Holloway, Holloway called a press conference to express his thoughts.

BBC Sport: Will Ashley Cole be playing for England again ?

Holloway: Plain and simple no! I thought you were suppose to respect your manager but nowadays the footballers have got so big-headed it's wrong ! He can say all the stuff he likes, he can throw tantrums all he wants, he is never playing for me again. Do i want someone who says comments like he did ? No ! Does the nation want someone playing for England saying that ? No !

Sky Sports: Just last year in 2010 Ashley Cole was voted England's player of the year, don't you think you should pick him ?

Holloway: England player of the year was he ? (*Holloway laughing to himself*) Last year before i took over i did not see him put in a match winning performance in any of Englands games. A load of tosh if you ask me.

The Sun: Do you think that Cole's outbust was caused by all money he had and the people in charge of the Premier league ?

Holloway; Yer absouletely, it's the game that is spoling that it's wrong ! The people in charge of the game are wrong. And i'm not calling them names, i'm just telling them they're wrong. They are so wrong it's frightening ! If me, the England manager is trying to be bullied into me picking him- how wrong is the game ? Ashley Cole is an example of a modern day footballer- a money-hungry footballer who is fine picking up his wage every week even if they are injured. the FA seriously need to change the game because it's wrong and football should look at itself it's wrong. Fifa whoever you are listen to us on how we want the game run and that's why the bosman rule should be copied because in the case of Mr. Bosman, his contract expired his club offered him half the money whilst other clubs were offering him more and he stayed in the club he was at and in this country our footballers would have gone to the club who was offering the most money.

Daily sport: Do you have anything you want to say to Mr. Cole himself ?

Holloway: i would say to that complete person and excuse my french, **** off !! You are wrong ! You will never be considered when i pick my future squads so you can just retire from international football. Some might call this a rant, it's probably quite funny to watch on TV but i'm just passionate about this and how people speak to me.

Last edited:
Good choice sticking with Baines he is younger than ashley cole, baines should be able to last until the Euros and the next World Cup in 2014

Keep up the good work, how about giving steven taylor a chance? He's also another great central defender

haha
love the interview
cheers mate :D

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Good choice sticking with Baines he is younger than ashley cole, baines should be able to last until the Euros and the next World Cup in 2014

Keep up the good work, how about giving steven taylor a chance? He's also another great central defender
exactly Cole's like 3 years older than baines.

in my next friendly i'll give him a chance

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

great interview, sounds like summat that ian would say actually

spot on aha
haha cheers, match preview update today

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

After the mad week I had surrounding the Ashley Cole story, we headed up to training HQ a day earlier to try and clear my head ahead of the friendly with Holland and to give the boys a little more time to impress me. I spent most of that night with Pearcey, Tony and Jamie, I asked them all based solely on today’s session (i ask all my coaching staff to make notes during training) and they all got out their note pads.

GYI0060495841.jpg

I turned to Pearcey and asked him who had impressed him 'Well, Ian, i felt that Scotty was the stand out performer, Gary and Roger also impressed me.' 'ah I see, those 3 can start on Wednesday night then'. After that i went over to Jamie and looked at his notes, his role was to report to me who is underperforming " I felt that both Jonjo and Alex were the only players to really under-perform but i suspect it was just nerves, see how they go in training tomorrow gaffer.' 'Alright cheers Jamie, i want you to have a talk to them 2 cause it is pretty daunting coming into the England side as a young teenager, and just generally support them or send them to me.'

green2_12_682x400_1067709a.jpg

Finally, Tony Carr,’ Ian, I went from place to place moving around the training ground and i agree with Stuart and Jamie, but when I went over to David (seaman) with the goalkeepers and Rob Green made an absolute howler. ' if you were in charge who would you put in the side for Wednesday?' Tony came back instantly and said 'well I’d pick some of the inexperienced players to show them what playing for England is all about.'

'Yeh that's all good Tony, but i mean who give me names'
'erm ok' I gave them a moment to think and then they began scrawling in the note book and then revealed.
Carson
Richards Cahill Johnson Richardson
Parker
Wilshere Henderson
Milner Nolan
Bent

'Alright then guys, that helps me a bit after this hetic week, if we have another meeting on Monday morning.'

Last edited:
Nice update mate, like the idea of giving the youths and inexperienced players a chance! who play their hearts out for the nation and not like some of the older ones! KIU

Nice update mate, like the idea of giving the youths and inexperienced players a chance! who play their hearts out for the nation and not like some of the older ones! KIU
cheers mate, yer they want to play for their country

Looks like a decent team you've got there, but is Joe Hart not your best goalkeeper?

Great story.

Followed it from page 1-9.

Stick with Baines as Cole is *****.

Yes! Tell Ashley to **** off. Do it for Cheryl! :)D)
i did at the press-conference and yer for cheryl !! (H)

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:24 PM ----------

Great story.

Followed it from page 1-9.

Stick with Baines as Cole is *****.
cheers mate, i plan on sticking with baines

I woke up on the 10th August; I was nervous, more nervous than I’d ever been before a match, I was worried that my inexperienced team would get slaughtered by a free flowing master class from the Dutch side, I was more nervous because training hadn’t been up to the standard I expect this week, the players weren’t fully focused they seemed to be taking it like some sort of social occasion. I woke up with texts from Stuart Pearce and Jamie Redknapp. 'Got line-up sorted, see me at breakfast.' Stuart’s said, 'No worries boss, lads seem to be focused today.' was Jamie's response. But in truth I was nervous. I had TalkSport playing by my bedside, they were discussing about the game later. They were calling today England’s biggest test under Holloway.
I got dressed, headed out the door and shat myself as Pearcey had jumped out infront of me; I went “****** **** Pearcey!!” I had gotten to know him reasonably well; he takes his job far less serious than I thought always cracking jokes and laughing, but gets more serious on match days. We sat down and started talking about the match tonight and I expressed my concerns about training not up to standard but he just replied “it’ll be fine”, we then got onto the starting 11, I had revealed to the public that Kieran Richardson was starting, in the end we decided on, Shelvey and Chamberlain were on the bench.

Carson

Richards Dawson Dann Richardson
Barry (C)
Henderson Parker

Wilshere Young

Walcott

Last edited: