As the friendly against Holland drew ever closer the 10th of August was the date in fact my assistant Pearcey suggested that we should go and see a few friendles to see who is performing well and deserves a place in the squad. I let him know that this was a great idea and we sat down and pinpointed a few fixtures that would be key to go to.

After a solid couple of hourse we had highighted the Newcastle - Port Vale game after Alan Pardew had guided them to a terrific 6th place position last season, with Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan and Joey Barton particulary key to their success. Stuart also wanted to go and see Jonjo Shelvey after breaking into the Liverpool first team towards the end of the season we will be going to see Liverpool play Nottingham Forest.

We would also be going to see Sunderland who somehow finished the season 2nd, they sold star midfielder Jordan Henderson to Fulham but i was keen to watch Kieran Richardson, Darren Bent and Michael Turner. I was also keen to see Fulham after they now had signed 2 of England's future stars in Gary Cahill and Jordan Henderson but it was not just them that i wanted to see it was Danny Murphy, Adam Lallana, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Bobby Zamora

If any of these players impress me there is a definitely a place for them in my next squad.

yeah you used my idea:D
but my names not pearcey lol;)
yer it was a good idea

i was on about stuart pearce lol

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:20 AM ----------

does anyone think i shud take a club job as well because the gaps in between get boring

wud be interesting to see you take a championship job and take them to the top

haha, Leicester are 11th in the Championshipand Sven's job security is stable

Ah, shame. Would of been good. Get him to go back to an old club if you can would be good.

Loving the story by the even if I am Scotland.

Ah, shame. Would of been good. Get him to go back to an old club if you can would be good.

Loving the story by the even if I am Scotland.
yer i'll try and get a job at one of his former clubs

best story going imo btw what tactics have you been using as im england atm and seem to be struggling to get the best out of em

best story going imo btw what tactics have you been using as im england atm and seem to be struggling to get the best out of em
cheers mate means a lot, for most of the matches i have used dial square arsenal tactic

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:45 PM ----------

I had to name my squad for the game against the Netherlands now in just 2 days time, i had been to see Fulham, Newcastle, Liverpool and Sunderland. The notes i took on the specific players i went to .

Jordan Henderson- came off on 65 mins after a terrific game, he controled Fulham's tempo and speed of the play. In my next squad for sure.

Gary Cahill- the centre back played the full 90 minutes, got his head on everything.

Danny Murphy- the experienced ball winning midfielder had an average game, best moment was setting up Dembele for a goal but apart from that nothing important to note.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain- the pacey winger came on at half-time and was full of energy causing Derby a lot of problems at the back.

Adam Lallana- was an un-used sub.

Bobby Zamora-played 45 minutes, held the ball up well but not too great from the lad.

Andy Carroll- played 70 minutes, played very well, scored a goal and set one up for Kevin Nolan as well.

Kevin Nolan- linked up well with Andy Carroll, scored a goal, great performance from the toon captain.

Joey Barton- played on the right wing instead of in the centre and did okay, his cross set up Andy Carroll for his goal.

Kieran Richardson- played the full game and left back and was outstanding, time after time he bombed on ahead of the left-winger. Did well at the back as well.

Darren Bent- came off at half-time after scoring a real poacher's effort, but apart from that could not get involved in the game.

Jonjo Shelvey- played 65 mins, as a attacking midfielder and really flourished in the role, set up Torres for the winner, could challenge Gerrard's place in my England side.

nice notes;)
wens the squad announced?
cheers mate, squad either announced either tomorrow or saturday

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:41 AM ----------

skysports.jpg

ssnhdblue-800_2492584.jpg

Liverpool midfielder Jonjo Shelvey is the shock name in Ian Holloway's England squad for the clash with Holland next week.

shelvey_1794095b.jpg

The 19-year-old attacking midfielder has been long linked with an international chance after impressing for Liverpool, and Holloway has opted to give him a shot for this friendly.

Shelvey is one of a few surprise names in the Three Lions squad as Kieran Richardson, Kevin Nolan and Alex Chamberlain have all been named in the "barmy" Bristolians squad.

Jordan Henderson has also been included despite picking up a slight knock but Holloway has had him sent to England HQ to be examined by England's medical staff.

Squad list in full:
Goalkeepers: Ben Foster, Rob Green and Scott Carson
Defenders: Kyle Walker, Micah Richards, Gary Cahill, Michael Dawson, Roger Johnson, Scott Dann, Kieran Richardson and Leighton Baines
Midfielders: Jordan Henderson, Jack Wilshere, Jonjo Shelvey, Kevin Nolan, Steven Gerrard, Scott Parker, Gareth Barry, Alex Chamberlain. Theo Walcott, Ashley Young and James Milner.
Strikers: Wayne Rooney, Andy Carroll, Jermaine Defoe and Darren Bent.

Last edited: