The Career Revival of Joe Jones - A Manager's Story

youngmanger

Reaction score
This story goes back to my first ever FM story back in May. It was with Swansea, and I did a great job there, so great that I got the Chelsea job. I did OK with Chelsea, nothing special, I won both the Europa League and the FA Cup, but when Liverpool, armed with new owners and an amazing young squad to work with came knocking, I couldn't resist. The story ended here, but I continued the save. Whilst in charge of LFC I won the Premier League, boosting my reputation heavily. However, in December of the following season (2014/15), a new set of owners came in and once again I was out of a job. I had a year away from football and was considering retirement from the game, and therefore ending the save. But, I got a job offer from Newcastle. So it's here I resume the story. As manager of Newcastle, who currently are in 16th place in the 2015/16 EPL season. I will post the squad, tactics, and my transfer, as I began the job in early January. We are midway through the season. My target is a mid-table finish, and beyond that, who knows? But I won't be at Newcastle for long. I want to return to the top, and once more, be the best in England, and at some stage, the best in Europe. Thanks for reading guys, wish me luck.
View attachment 271649View attachment 271650

******* ****, there hs ben a "runtime error" and the game turned itself off, I will see the last autosave but IDK if I will be ablke 2 continue :(

yes! the last autosave was before the match i was playing! I havent lost the save, story is ON! :D

oi, ********! this isn't a site for nobheads like you. Don't comment if you don't like the story, you can tell you've only just joined, stop being a keyboard warrior and **** off :)

*knobheads

LOL U MAD BRO? :wub::wub:

Georgie Thompson: Now todays football news. In what was suspected to be a close encounter in the Tyne-Wear derby, Joe Jones got off to a flying start as Newcastle manager. Park converted a penalty given away by Didier Zokora early on. Defoe doubled the lead with a trademark poacher's finish, stealing a march on the back four before slotting it past keeper Simon Mignolet. Defoe got his second after a drive from Jonjoe Shelvey deflected off Defoe and into the net. A fine performance from The Toon, and early signs look good for Joe Jones

BREAKING NEWS:
That old Scottish fella: We have just received word that Marvin Sordell has joined Newcastle on a four year deal for around £3m. The former Bolton man was transfer listed at former club Stoke and is said to be relishing a chance at first team football. Manager Joe Jones said this:
"I'm delighted that Marvin has joined. He's a good young player and he will get a good chance in the 1st team. Whether he takes it or not is up to him."
This comes off the back of failed loan deals for Iker Munain and Gael Kakuta after bids were accepted by Chelsea but rejected by the respective players

*On mobile, iPad, and in stunning HD, this is Sky Sports News, the home of sports news*

Thanks for the comment on my story. I like the layout that you have.

Georgie Thompson: ...More on the cricket later. And now... (checks earpiece)... what? Ladies and gentleman, a piece of huge news for today, Andy Carroll has rejoined Newcastle on a season loan. Newcastle have the option to buy him at the end of his loan spell for £2.5m. We have this following quote from 27 year old Carroll: "I am shocked and delighted to rejoin Newcastle! They made me into the player that I am, and admittedly I might not have lived up to my price tag at Liverpool, but maybe, the club that I have supported my life, can get my career back on track." Carroll has impressed for England, scoring 30 goals in just over 40 caps, but has never managed to solidify a first team place at Anfield. This comes off the back of Newcastle's dominant display in the 4-1 win at home to QPR.

Tottenham vs Newcastle
Perryman Arena

*Joe Jones is delivering his pre-match team talk*

Jones: Lads, we know we're the underdogs. But, we can win today! You all know we can do it, and so do I! No-one is expecting us to win, so just play like it was any other game. Most of all, enjoy yourselves out there!

*90 minutes is up. Newcastle win 2-1 with goals from Ramsey and Park. Joe Jones is delivering his full match teamtalk*

Jones: What a display! You played them off the park lads! Aaron, your goal was an absolute beauty! Kasper, you were amazing in net! You're the best in the league I'm telling you! Good display Andy, you didn't give those defenders any time. Lads, I reckon we can get into Europe! Let's go for it!

...Meanwhile, in Malaga

Federico Macheda: Hello. Who? Oh, hello Mr Watkin (Director of Football at Newcastle). An offer has been accepted by Malaga? Sounds great, I always said I'd love a return to England. I'll book the next flight to Newcastle and we can discuss terms. Brilliant, I'll see you soon!

View attachment 271688
NEWCASTLE AND CITY IN 6 GOAL THRILLER!

Newcastle will be delighted with their display after coming from behind to draw 3-3 with Manchester City at Eastlands. Man City got off to a flyer, going 2-0 up inside of 20 minutes through Dzeko and Milner respectively. Papiss Cisse pulled one back for Newcastle just before the hour mark. After 70 minutes, it looked like Dzeko had wrapped things up when he converted a penalty conceded by Davide Santon. Newcastle had other ideas. Pressure from big man Andy Carroll pressured Gael Clichy into a calamitous own goal on 80 minutes. I was Aaron Ramsey, who scored in The Toon's surprise victory away to Tottenham last week, that scored the equaliser in the 3rd minute of stoppage time, delivering a powerful effort just out of the grasp of England #1 Joe Hart. General opinion amongst the Newcastle fans is that Joe Jones has changed Newcastle for the better and that they look a different team. In other news regarding Newcastle, Jermain Defoe has rejected contract offers from Stoke, Blackburn and QPR whilst want away Dan Gosling is in talks with Leicester City and Espanyol.

View attachment 271702
LALLANA JOINS TOON AS DEFOE AND GOSLING EXIT!

Adam Lallana has joined Newcastle on a 3 year deal for a fee of £8.75m. Joe Jones has strengthened his squad well in this January window to kickstart The Toon's push for a top half finish, bringing in Marvin Sordell, Andy Carroll, Federico Macheda and now Lallana as his squad re-building process begins. Also, Jermain Defoe has joined Stoke on loan until the end of the season, with Stoke having the option to purchase the veteran striker for just 400k at the end of his loan spell. Dan Gosling has also left Newcastle for Championship high-flyers Blackpool for a bargain fee of 675k.

Nice start mate, KIU. Like the layout