Name; Celtic
Nation; Scotland
Founded; 1888
Chairman; John Reid
Stadium (Capacity); Parkhead (60,355)
Derbies; Old Firm (vs. Rangers)
Rivals; Rangers
Nicknames; Bhoys, Hoops, Tims.
Transfer Budget; £5,000,000 (Win Championship) (Budget will get replenished over the season depending on profit made)
Wage Budget; £325,000 (?)

You don't need to worry here. You have good enough players to win the league. Just play them with the right tactic and you're bound to succeed and gain at least a double.

=====================

Staff;
If anything, your staff is good for the first season. Johan Mjallby is good for an ***. Man. Let the contracts run out of the other staff members so they don't have to be paid compensation, then you can get your own staff.

=====================

Tactic;
I use a 4-5-1 formation with a counter attacking element. Fast paced, direct passing, fluid philosophy with an overload mentality. Have Johan take care of the team talk and the OI and do not use shouts. The tactic I have used to much success thus far has been uploaded.

View attachment 117251
View attachment 117252

=====================

GKs;
Lukasz Zaluska
Dominic Cervi
Fraser Forster (On Loan from Newcastle)
--Nick Feely
--Daniele Giordono
--Robbie Thomson

Very weak I think. Definetly could use a face or two in here. Feely, Giordono and Thomson are nowhere near good enough and never will be.

Transfers;
In;
Luis Guilherme (£4.5 million release clause)
Vincent Enyeama (£500k)

Out;
Lukasz Zaluska (Transfer List)
Feely, Giordono, Thomson (Loan)

=====================

Defs;
Daniel Majstorovic
Thomas Rogne
Glenn Loovens
Charlie Mulgrew
Andreas Hinkel
Mark Wilson
Emilio Izaguirre
Jos Hooiveld
Cha Du-Ri
Richie Towell*
--Lewis Toshney
--Stephen O'Donnell
--Jason Marr
--Antons Kurakins
--Keiran Brennan
--Milan Misun
--Darren O'Dea
--Josh Thompson (Out on loan)
--Matty Hughes
--Curtis Jones
--Patrik Twardzik**
--Joe Chalmers
--Ryan Conroy

A strong position, contrary to popular belief. Very versatile with a lot of players. Keep an eye on Patrik Twardzik and promote Richie Towell as backup for Andreas Hinkel.

Transfers;
In;
Dodo (£1.3million release clause)
Coelho (FREE)
Roland Juhász (£1million)

Out;
Jos Hooiveld (£1.4million)
Glenn Loovens (Transfer List)
Patrik Twardzik, Milan Misun (Loan, no future transfer)
=====================

Mids;
Biram Kayal
Ki Sung-Yong
Marc Crosas
Efrain Juarez
Joe Ledley
Filip Twardzik*
Paddy McCourt
Shaun Maloney
Scott Brown
Niall McGinn
Anthony Stokes
Daryl Murphy
James Forrest*
--Calum McGregor
--John Heron
--Paul Slane
--Michael Ordish
--Liam Gormley
--Graham Carey
--Jordan Lowdon

Another strong area, but it always has been traditionally quite strong for Celtic. Your main goal here is to build for the future.

Transfers;
In;
Gai Assulin (FREE)
Egídio Arévalo Ríos (FREE from PeNYarol)

Out;
James Forrest (£1.3million)
Efrain Juarez (£1.7million)

=====================

Strikers;
Giorgos Samaras+
Morten Rasmussen (Out on loan)
Gary Hooper
--Paul McGowan (Out on loan)
--James Keatings
--Bahrudin Atajic**
--Ben Hutchinson (Out on loan)
--Callum Bagshaw
--Sean Fitzharris
--Greig Spence**
--John Marsden (Out on loan)

Although not much depth here, but a very good position. In fact, your best player is here in Giorgios Samaras. In the 4-5-1 formation, play him as the loan striker as a poacher and he will get around 35 goals in the first season. You also have two good prospects in Bahrudin Atajic and Greig Spence. Again, build here.

Transfers;
In;
Callum McRobbie (£220k)

Out;
Bahrudin Atajic, Greig Spence (Loan, no future fee)

======================

What else?

KEEP ON YOUR PLAYERS GOOD SIDE
The main problem with the squad is that everyone thinks they are too good for the team. Keep on their good side and you'll have the title won.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE
Under estimating an opponent is a massive mistake in the SPL. I made that mistake quite a lot. Treat every team like they are a huge threat to your team and your title chances.

EUROPE DOESN'T MATTER
... at least not in your first few seasons. After a while, building your team will pay off and you can focus on Europe.

ROTATE ROTATE ROTATE
If you notice your players are not in form, then rotate. If your players are jaded from international duty, rotate. You kind of get the point here.

Questions?
Give me a PM or post here and I'll gladly help you out.

Last edited:
Isn't that Efrain Jaurez quality on the game? Ive seen him at Barca an Inter on my games and worth up to 15million. Unless I'm seriously mistaken lol, can't be bothered booting up Football Manager to check because I'll be on for the night haha.

Isn't that Efrain Jaurez quality on the game? Ive seen him at Barca an Inter on my games and worth up to 15million. Unless I'm seriously mistaken lol, can't be bothered booting up Football Manager to check because I'll be on for the night haha.
He is quality, but he gets really pissy really easy. :/ Same with James Forrest tbh. XD

He is quality, but he gets really pissy really easy. :/ Same with James Forrest tbh. XD

Ah I see, one of them ay. Probably should be able to get abit more than 1.7 million though, hes only young aswell. Think he went for 7 million on my game..

Anyway didn't mean to question you as I'm sure you know more about Celtic than me haha, good guide mate.

Ah I see, one of them ay. Probably should be able to get abit more than 1.7 million though, hes only young aswell. Think he went for 7 million on my game..

Anyway didn't mean to question you as I'm sure you know more about Celtic than me haha, good guide mate.
I would've but I remembered reading something about how on 11.0, the AI will only bid for what the player is worth. =p

Juarez is a machine for me, him, Fazio and Griffiths took me to the Europa league final in my first season, strongly recommend you dont sell him.

I agree -Hoops. If he doesn't get pissy then do not sell him. He is an amazing asset to have.

I brought Enyeama, Fazio, Goncalves, Wallace, Griffiths, Macheda and Benitez, i bossed that league. Winning it with ten games left and unbeaten until the split (where i played all my youngsters in the last 5 games to rest my players for the cup final and Europe)

Good guide pal, i was thinking of doing a Scottish club, couldn't decide on a Prem side, as i imagined Rangers and Celtic to be too simple, although the European aspect i agree is a challenge.

I stumbled on Dundee with -25 and took over them instead...

I think Juarez should be kept and Forrest sold. Also I just sold Juarez my 3rd season for 15 million. It's good to wait.

GET KIKO at all cost, he does amazing things as a winger

I signed Lukaku and Griffiths and played a 4-4-2 formation and just destroyed the scottish competitions. Hooper is quite a good goalscorer and between the aforementioned strikers and samaras they scored around 70 goals.

I would've thought a 4-4-2 with Hooper and Stokes up front would've been best, but I don't have 2011. Iwould never play Samaras myself, even if his stats are great. Just couldn't bring myself to. Surely Hooiveld is good as well?

Honestly pistol, Loovens and Majstorovic [if you haven;t bought Juhász] is better. Hooiveld is more backup really.

Looks like a proper neat guide Taida. Will probably use when I decide to start a Celtic game which I usually do on FM.

Cool, dissapointed that FM always has Celtic's poor players (ie Loovens, Samaras) as superstarsand the good players (Ki, Hooiveld, Forster) are under-rated. :/

what happened to "the only thing i can do is take a free kick, Charlie Mulgrew"? lol. not bad player. maybe because he cant defend you didnt put him on your defenders list!

jurez is an *** he wanted to leave within 6 months of the season, manmaged to hold onto him until the end of second season and sold him for 4.4 mill board and fans were dissapointed at me. Then bought mathias jorgenson in first season same thing happened again he wanted to leave and recuntly had to sell him end of third season even though eufa cup. I have a good team but keep losing players to bigger teams. if anyone is starting a new season with celtic buy jay de merit he is a rock. have a feeling i might lukaku this season along with sanogo. Defour will probably be away by start of the season. Any of you guys find it hard to keep your good players.

James Forrest turns into a decent player and is still only young. I don't get why you would want to sell him straight away, you can make good money off him if you keep him for another couple of seasons.

James Forrest turns into a decent player and is still only young. I don't get why you would want to sell him straight away, you can make good money off him if you keep him for another couple of seasons.

I'm biased against him from fm 2010, thought he would become a good player so I played him for 3 seasons and he sucked. Perhaps the reason I don't have any problems with Juarez is because I got rid of Forrest? My team didn't like Maloney either so I got rid of him. Personally, I like Hooiveld better than Loovens. Example: Semi-finals against Liverpool, Hooiveld scores a goal with a header, Loovens screws up 2 times in 5 mins and gave away 2 goals. I find that Hooiveld gets more headers and corner goals.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

what happened to "the only thing i can do is take a free kick, Charlie Mulgrew"? lol. not bad player. maybe because he cant defend you didnt put him on your defenders list!

Oh man I love Mulgrew's free kicks/corner kicks. It's the only thing he can do.

Just a question, I'm going to play celtic, my aim is to sell a few players and get a few young wonderkids to grow with the team. Have you managed to sell any players that Lennon bought this season?
Really I'm looking to get rid of Murphy and maybe Hooper. Wanting to bring in a few young strikers :)

Any tips on getting rid of them?