I did a season with Celtic and won three trophies, SPL, Scottish Cup and Scottish League cup. My best signing by FAR was Jozy Altidore on a year-long loan, top scorer in the SPL, almost equalling Larrsons record of 35 goals in the league with 34. Got the most goals and the least conceded, beat Rangers 3/4 times. Went unbeaten until 25 games in. Beat Sporting CP and Twente in the EC but unfortunately lost out by 1 point.

Played exactly the same formation, Altidore up front with McCourt/Moloney or Stokes left and right. Ki was superb all season as a defensive midfielder, taking my corners, got the most assists in the league. Then, foolishly, left after getting knocked out of the ECC at the group stages to see if I could get a better offer but ended up at Hartlepool then failed with Hartlepool :( may start again with Celtic, it was good fun, constantly winning :D

And to add, Hooiveld was brilliant as well, scored about 20 goals from corners, about 10 MoM.

Last edited:
Juarez should be ur right back and Forrest should be ur att mid right back up !!

Pato was on a free transfer. Milan released both him and Pirlo
Wilshere was transfer listed for £5.25 million.
Tbh if I read that i'd suspect someone was cheating. I can put up screenshots of Player transfers and the managers at the club when signed if it helps ?

Edit: Screenshots
Wilshere signed 1/1/2012 Mancini manager from 7/11/11 after wenger went to sevilla 4/11/11
Pato signed 3/7/12 Allegri manager from the game started

What patch? Because if it's patch 10.1, it's a bug.

i lost most of my team cause of players going in mood like hooper cause hes no playing but he wasnt playing cause he was inj at the start of the season & my stikers were playing well & scorin goals so i couldnt drop them + players were moaning about the squad disipline so i started to fine them them they started greetin about getting fined **** it won all but 1 league tittle won all but 1 league cup won the scottish cup 3 times i think knockout stages of both europe & champs league & got to the semi final last season of the champs league beat chelsea on the way but got beat by man u who won it
i used my tactic & training that another thing even when using the training that comes with fm the players ***** about workload

Last edited:
I agree with the signings and the tactic but Hooper is more capable a goal scorer upfront he bangs in loads due to his 16 finishing and good composure, but I suppose it's about who you prefer to play. Good guide though, good for people wanting to do an SPL season and don't know much about Glasgow's Green and White.

really good guide mate!!

half way through my first season with the mighty hoops, top of the league and second in champ league group after 4 games plenty of time to finish bottom!!!:)

signings for the start of the season where
enyeama for 350k
smithies for 300k
onyewu for 1.7m
molina for 1m
griffiths on loan for 2 seasons and 350 to sign perm.

i play 4-5-1, control, fluid,sort passing, opposition instrautions are close down always for both C/B, all mid fielders and close marking strikers. Then in game change back and forth with attacking, retain possecion and pass to feet.

enyeama and onyewu are constants never drop or rotate them!! only suspensions and injury keeps them out.
in defence, right back is either hinkle or wilson both solid ( i also have romario coming in january)
left back again very solid mulgrew and izaguirre mostly mulgrew no replacements yet as both playing well enough. centre backs is onyewu (always) with either majstorovic/ rogne/ hooiveld

defensive mid is mostly kayal as he is the shizzle!! maybe put juarez in every now and then but i see kayal being here for a long time but jaurez prob will leave when he gets fed up!!
in the 2 centre mid, right side box to box is scott brown has been really good so far and left side is deep lying playmaker its got to be Ki!!! so kayal broon ki and i rotate with ledley in both centre mids and jaurez in any of the 3. got 2 good midfielders coming in in january tom cairney and japerov who will give me really good depth of midfielders for my first team.
also try and give filip twardzik a game every now and then ment to be a hot prospect.

to attacking mids i play as inside forwards or one as advanced playmakers. i am spoiled for choice here but tend to stick with maloney on the left for most of the games and rotate forrest/derry pele/molina on right,

striker again spoiled for choice with hooper stokes griffiths and samaras. mainly play hoops or stokes with griffiths as cover, i have rick van wolfeswinkel (5m) and possibly kaldec(1m) coming in in january so its going to be hooper stokes RVW kadlec and griffiths and will get rid of sammy even if i dont get kadlec( his agent is being a ****).

as the season goes on i will rest enyeama and onyewu a bit giving smithies and rogne a chance to develope a bit as i think both are going to be celtic players for a good 7-8 years if not more.

best game so far was the first old firm game of the season which we totally dominated with 31 shots to rangers 3 and 59% possession we only won 3-1 but it was great, although i was kicking the table when after 60 mins of constant pressure from us rankers broke and scored with their first shot!!!!!!!
also just beaten valencia 2-0 at celtic park in champs league and we didnt ever look like getting beat.

MON THE HOOPS!!

i'm played with Fc Celtic and my tactic is that GK: vincent enyema DR:Andreas Hinkel and Mark WIlson i'm rotate they DL:Mulgrew DC: Misun,Majstorovic DC: Hooiveld MC:Enzo Maresca he is fantastic at the start of first season he is a free player MC: Efrain Juarez never sold him he is the best MC: Biram Kalay AMR:Olivier Kapo and Shaun Maloney i'm rotate his AML-paddy mccourt and FC- Jozy Altidore i bought him for villareal for 3.5 M

Just to add my thought as I'm now into my third season, won the double in both prior seasons. If you're able to, keep Juarez; he's immense for me, 80 appearances for me, 10 goals, 25 assists and AR=7.30
Anthony Stokes is useless on the wing, but a pretty good striker. Gary Hooper's a fudging legend, and I got the board to buy me Felipe Caicedo, the goal machine 21 goals in his first season, Paddy McCourt's also epic.

Great guide.

Remember if all else fails blame the refs and play the victim card :)

It's the Celtic way

I found Graham Carey to be a very useful, brought him for 300,000 to play at Ipswich. sold him 18 mths later to Aston Villa for 6.5 Mil.