The Champions League Discussion Thread

I can't tell if Zidane is really good or really lucky. Last year they had a softest run to the final I've seen in ages, this year they're up in the league against worst Barca side in a decade, and now they're beating 10-man Bayern who lost two key players 3 days before the game.

Funny if he ends up winning 2 European Cups in a row and still remain basically unproven. :)
Defo a lot of luck in there. Also helps having one of the best teams/ squads in world football ;)

Ronaldo will get the headlines but seriously, his first goal was good but his second was straight at Neuer, who really should have saved it. He had a total of 6 serious scoring chances which is a really poor conversion rate, especially if one hadn't slipped through the keeper

Bayern only have themselves to blame though, missing a penalty and the thoughtless red card

Bayern don't seem like they're getting anywhere today. Shame about Lewandowski, he may be in the squad but you can see he's unfit. The guy never misses games from injuries so whatever was wrong that made him miss the previous game, can't possibly be healed in just a week.

did he not play in the first leg? i know he did not play at the weekend cos he had a 1 game ban

Funny how one goal can change things, Bayern played nothing, scored from a soft penalty and suddenly Madrid can't even get out of their own half.

What an awful decision by the ref. How on earth is that even a foul? Does he not see the movement of the ball?!!

Awful referring. Never a red card, never a yellow card, not even a foul. That and Casemiro shouldn't even be on the pitch with the amount of fouls he commited.

Absolute bullshit.

Shame for Leicester gave it a **** of a go but Atletico just rearly concede and soak up pressure. Never a red can only see one winner now.

Wow. I have no words. Red wasn't enough, got to give them offside goal since they're being run off the pitch by 10-man Bayern.

Fecking **** this is fixed! Offside as they come. I'm sure Barca will get 2 penalties tomorrow and Juve a player sent off for nothing. Expect a Barca v Madrid final. Come on Juve!

The el classico in the coming weeks is going to the highest bidder. Bookmark this comment.

Some of the worst officiating imaginable - even before Vidal's joke of a red card, at 1-0 Bayern Lewandowski was through on goal and called offside, despite Marcelo being in between him and the linesman and playing him on by about a metre. How he 'missed' that beggars belief