The Champions League Discussion Thread

Defensive masterclass by Juve, here's hope they go all the way this year.

I'm still fuming about yesterday's games though. This was a last time we got to see Xabi and Lahm play in CL before they retire, they deserved better than this.

Really getting tired of this sport sometimes, **** gets worse every year. It's not even that the refs are always to blame, because seriously, if you were good enough athlete to keep up with Cristiano ******* Ronaldo for 120 minutes, you're probably good enough athlete to make it in the Premier League, earn a million quid a year and bang supermodels. So why would you go and become a ref?

They have an impossible job and it gets worse all the time, the sooner we get video tech the better.

**** I wanted Juve vs Real, over two legs I'd be very confident in Juve and I'm sick of seeing Real scrape through everything over and over

Yeah I hate seeing Fiorentino and his freakshow circus actually succeful, it sends a message to the other rich club owners that this bullshit actually works.

They're obviously a great team with some unbelievable talent, but last couples of years they've been lucking past every obstacle.

Credit to Real, that was a slaughter. Atletico were lost in the clouds.

Also, I guess I had a right idea when I started playing Ronaldo as a striker in FM 2012. He's more deadly then ever lately. When you combine his heading ability, clever movement and the fact he can bang them in with both feet from anywhere in the box, makes him so hard to stop even though he lost his pace.

Last edited:
Anyone else think Savic must have incriminating photos of Simeone? How he is first choice beside Godin is a mystery, clearly at fault for the first two goals - twice, in the case of the first one. Third goal can be put down to overcommitting in search of an away goal

Dani Alves doing this for Juve after joining them on a free is a perfect example of how poor Barca's management has been

Doping match fixers vs. Florentino's Flying Circus.

Hard to imagine a worse final, but hopefully Juve nicks it.

Away goal rule is bullshit when teams are this close in quality. Whoever plays second game at home is at huge disadvantage.