The Champions League Discussion Thread

Never know with the refs these days, the amount of diving in second leg against PSG made my hand spin. But yeah with no ref cockups I don't see an Italian team giving up lead like this.

This Barca team needs a big overhaul. MSN can't keep bailing them out. Might work in La Liga. But not against the best in Europe imo.

Speak of the devil, already ref making the mess of things.

As per usual, I'll be reserved since Barca will play with 13 men on Camp Nou.

I can see Juve winning the cup this time, this is a team that has everything. Strength, pace, talent, and plenty of fight in them too. Every ball that can be contested goes to Juve, it's astonishing really.

You know you have a problem when you spend 100m+ to strengthen the squad and you can't trust anyone on your bench

I can see Juve winning the cup this time, this is a team that has everything. Strength, pace, talent, and plenty of fight in them too. Every ball that can be contested goes to Juve, it's astonishing really.

Selling Pogba has weirdly made them considerably more dangerous. He's a better player than Pjanic, don't get me wrong (also **** Pjanic for joing Juve from Roma in the first place) but now Juve don't have so much of a focal point and it just works. They have talent all over the pitch, and whereas before they were looked to Pirlo, then Pogba, now the attack can come from anywhere. A long ball from Bonnuci, a cross from Alves, a moment of magic from Dybala, a run from Khedira, a pass from Pjanic. It's really hard to shut down a team that loves to play down the flanks but will happily wreck you straight down the middle if you spread out too wide to stop them. Before you'd see them stagnate a bit in attack sometimes, chuck it to Pogba and see if he could make something happen (which he was good at, so fair enough) but without that obvious outlet we're seeing the players that would normally just recycle possession to him go for it themselves.

Not a big fan of Allegri and you can say that he's somewhat carrying on Conte's work in that regard (we are tellingly similar at times, though not as good) but whatever your view you can't argue that he took Pogba's departure in his stride and made the best of it. Might be time to forget about his fiascos at Milan, honestly.

Last edited:
Police: At 19:15 three explosions occurred in the area of the team hotel. We assume that it was a targeted event and hence triggered a full police action including experts for explosives.

Police: Sniffer dogs were involved in the investigation of the scene as well as a drone.

Police: The actual background is at this point unclear.

According to Dortmund's press secretary Bartra is in surgery right now - he has a fractured arm.

Police: The devices found were real explosive materials.

Police: We'll do everything we can to ensure safety tomorrow, however, there's no such thing as 100% security.

Police: We found a letter near the scene. I won't give any details, the authenticity of the letter is currently being investigated. We conduct investigations under the assumption of attempted homicide.

BVB spox: Marc Bartra's injury includes a broken (?) radius and several particles in the skin. The team will play for him tomorrow.

****** terrible news. Hope Bartra recovers ok. And nothing like this happens again. Nice of BVB fans to put up Monaco fans for the night, so they don't have to pay for hotels and can make game tomorrow!

Dembele and Mbappe are gonna be stars for France at the next international competition. Very entertaining game between Monaco and Dortmund so far.

Seriously ****** luck for Bayern, seems like each time this year they lose their key players.

I can't tell if Zidane is really good or really lucky. Last year they had a softest run to the final I've seen in ages, this year they're up in the league against worst Barca side in a decade, and now they're beating 10-man Bayern who lost two key players 3 days before the game.

Funny if he ends up winning 2 European Cups in a row and still remain basically unproven. :)