The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Maccabi Haifa's coach is a spitting image of Barney Rubble.

One pic of him:

elisha_levy[2.2011726T142219.jpg

On TV you get the comparison better...

Last edited:
So why Liverpool would replace Fenerbahce in CL? -.- Having enough score isn't fair enough, England's got 5 teams in CL if this happens.

Pot 1
Barcelona
Manchester United
Chelsea
Arsenal F.C
Bayern Munich
Real Madrid
Porto
Internazionale

Pot 2
Milan
Lyon
Shakhtar Donetsk
Valencia
Benfica
Villarreal
CSKA Moscow
Marseille

Pot 3
Zenit St. Petersburg
Ajax
Bayer Leverkusen
Olympiacos
Manchester City
Lille
Basel
BATE Borisov

Pot 4
Borussia Dortmund
Napoli
Dinamo Zagreb
APOEL
Trabzonspor
Genk
Viktoria Plzeň
Oţelul Galaţi

Would like:

Arsenal
AC Milan
Basel
Genk

we cant get man city i think also.

^ in the 2nd pot you want a good team as it is the UCL after all imo :)

I did the same with Winston Bogarde when he signed for Chelsea, I got his signature at his first game and everything...Look what happened to him.

At least you didn't get Liam Miller's name on a shirt... or David Bellion's signature :L

Bogarde was a complete ******* though :P

Champions League draw: Manchester City face tough introduction

• Pots set up potential City, Barça, Milan, Dortmund group
• Arsenal in among top seeds after play-off victory

Manchester-City-striker-S-007.jpg

Sergio Agüero and Manchester City await what could be a mouthwatering draw for the group stage. Photograph: Alex Livesey/Getty Images

Arsenal will join the top seeds in the Champions League draw on Thursday afternoon following their victory over Udinese but Manchester City face a tough introduction to life in Europe's elite club competition. Roberto Mancini's side are among the group of third seeds, meaning a potential draw with Barcelona, Milan and Borussia Dortmund.
The other English clubs in the Champions League draw are all among the top seeds, alongside Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter, Porto andBayern Munich. Trabzonspor complete the line-up in pot four afterFenerbahce were withdrawn by the Turkish Football Federation due to an ongoing match-fixing investigation.

Mancini has made it clear he intends to rotate his squad to ensure the side are capable of challenging in Europe and the three domestic competitions. "[Rotating] is no problem for me," said the City manager. "The problem is if you don't have good players. For the manager it is not easy because all the players want to play every game. But when you play in four competitions and have a match every three days, there is space for everyone. It is impossible to play a top game every three days. And the Champions League is very hard. It is different from the Europa League. For this we need a good team, with good players and a good mentality."

Uefa's rules for the draw will see the 32 qualified teams allocated into eight groups of four teams. Each group will contain a top seed, plus one club each from the second, third and fourth pots. Each pot is determined by a club's Uefa ranking and the top two in each group will go through to the knockout phase of the Champions League, and the third-place side to the knockout phase of the Europa League.

Pots for the Champions League draw

Pot one: Man Utd, Barcelona, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Porto, Inter.
Pot two: Shakhtar Donetsk, Lyon, Villarreal, Milan, Valencia, Marseille,CSKA Moscow, Benfica.
Pot three: Zenit St Petersburg, Man City, Olympiakos, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, Basle, Lille, BATE.
Pot four: Borussia Dortmund, Dinamo Zagreb, Napoli, Apoel, Genk, Trabzonspor, Otelul Galati, Viktoria Plzen.

• Follow the Champions League draw live on guardian.co.uk/football from 5pm.

Group A:
Bayern Munich
Villarreal
Manchester City
Napoli

Group B:
Inter Milan
CSKA Moscow
Lille
Trapzonspor

Group C:
Manchester United
Benfica
FC Basel
Otelul Galati

Group D:
Real Madrid
Olympique Lyonnais
Ajax
Dinamo Zagreb

Group E:
Chelsea
Valencia
Bayer Leverkusen
KRC Genk

Group F:
Arsenal
Marseille
Olympiakos
Borussia Dortmund

Group G:
FC Porto
Shakhtar Donetsk
Zenit
Apoel

Group H:
FC Barcelona
AC Milan
BATE Borisov
Viktoria Diznen​

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/champions-league-europa-league/editpost.php?p=1297394&do=editpost

Last edited:
Will be updating here live. Follow it on Sky sports news

Just a quick question - will teams be separated by nationality? For example, will Man City be drawn against Chelsea or will the fact they're both from England mean they will be kept apart?

Additionally, I think it's fair to say a nightmare group would be from pots two, three and four: Shakhtar, City and Dortmund.

I find it slightly silly that City are in pot 3 when Arsenal are in pot 1 :/

Or am I missing something?

I find it slightly silly that City are in pot 3 when Arsenal are in pot 1 :/

Or am I missing something?

uefa co efficients, arsenal's is very high considering they have been in it for 14 years running

Just a quick question - will teams be separated by nationality? For example, will Man City be drawn against Chelsea or will the fact they're both from England mean they will be kept apart?

Additionally, I think it's fair to say a nightmare group would be from pots two, three and four: Shakhtar, City and Dortmund.

No you cannot draw the same nationalities

uefa co efficients, arsenal's is very high considering they have been in it for 14 years running

Ah I see. I just assumed it would be done based on last year's league positions. Doh

all this talking does my nut in, why cant they just say all the rules are the same as last season once difference being there are some different teams this year.

I hate they way they do it, so slow and boring and **** and boring and **** and stuff.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Bless you Sir Bobby!

Back