The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Yes!

putting my dislike for Aresenal aside, I can honestly see Udinese winning this tie over the two legs. I think it will be a draw at the Emirates and then Udinese to win at there place. Do Arsenal go in to the Europa League if they do lose?

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Benfica vs Twente! ... Not easy but not hard, Rubin would have been worse, but ****, we could have got Odense or Zurich :S Would be easier, we are still the better squad but we have to watch out for Bryan Ruiz, what a player!

Orbinho Arsenal have lost none of the seven two-legged knockout ties against Italian sides in Europe.
OptaJean 8 – Arsenal have won all 8 of their games in the Champions League play-offs. Formality.

Obviously it doesn't mean we will win, but we clearly go well against both Italian teams and in the play-offs.

Would like to hear why you think this though.

Why, because Arsenal aren't all that great believe it or not. It looks as if Cesc will finally move to Barcelona so that raises questions whether he will play in either game and same with Samir Nasri. Although pre-season form means very little, Arsenal haven't been very impressive at all conceding sloppy goals after defence error after defence error. Arsene Wengers stubburness to spend any real money this season again will finally come back to bite him hard.

Just my opinion though, feel free to shoot someone down because he doesn't share your views on how great Arsenal are.

Just my opinion though, feel free to shoot someone down because he doesn't share your views on how great Arsenal are.
Had no plans on shooting you down, just wanted to hear why you thought it because you didn't really give a reason. Now you have, I can see where you are coming from because the points you made are very valid. Except the Nasri one, pretty sure he is banned for one if not both games due to his comments after the Barca game so he couldn't play anyway ;)

I still (being an Arsenal fan of course) think we will still be good enough. But I can understand why others can (and will) say that we won't get through.

Last edited:
Had no plans on shooting you down, just wanted to hear why you thought it.

The points you made are very valid. But I still think we will be good enough to get past them.

Sorry, been a long morning.

I just think apart from Bayern Munich, Udinese would have been one of those teams Arsene himself would be hoping to avoid. Granted they have lost arguable their best player in Alexis Sanchez and losing Gokhan Inler to Napoli does make them weaker but Udinese have a nack of finding unfound South American talent and unlike many defensive Italian teams, Udinese will come out and attack Arsenal, hassle Arsenal and I personally think have a real chance of causing an upset.

I have no idea how OB's coach can say Villareal is a bad draw. In my opinion it was one of the best draws they could have gotten. Villareal lost Cazorla who was without a doubt their best player last season and to be completely honest their squad isn't all that impressive. It would be a huge upset if OB manage to pull through, but I wouldn't call it a sensation if they do.

I have no idea how OB's coach can say Villareal is a bad draw. In my opinion it was one of the best draws they could have gotten. Villareal lost Cazorla who was without a doubt their best player last season and to be completely honest their squad isn't all that impressive. It would be a huge upset if OB manage to pull through, but I wouldn't call it a sensation if they do.

Villarreal is a bad draw. Good as Cazorla was, there is much more to their team than him. I'd be uncomfortablebif United drew them

if there is one match I am dying to see take place that is:

Chelsea vs Real Madrid

AVB vs Mourinho

A clash of two seperate footballing philiosophies between mentor and student... two great tactical minds , will surely be a tactical enthusiasts delight, this match if it were to happen

Villarreal is a bad draw. Good as Cazorla was, there is much more to their team than him. I'd be uncomfortablebif United drew them

Then every team is a bad draw which kinda negates the point of calling a team a bad draw. Other teams they could have got: Arsenal (better), Udinese (on par), Lyon (on par), Bayern Munich (much better).

Then every team is a bad draw which kinda negates the point of calling a team a bad draw. Other teams they could have got: Arsenal (better), Udinese (on par), Lyon (on par), Bayern Munich (much better).
Udinese and lyon probably would have been kinder, but i do see you point.

I'd probably fancy them more against bayern wierdly

Oooh, sweet. The match choice option's come to Virgin Media :D

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Also, come on Rubin! My European team this year.

Put on Lyon vs. Rubin 8 mins -- already 1-0 Rubin, scrap that 1-1 Gomis. This could be a real good game!

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Gomis has got another, could well go down as an OG though.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Briand 3-1, needed that goal because of Rubin's away goal.

Glad Benfica have played well.. hope they don't lose anymore big players.

I don't know how it is possible that Viktoria Plzen could win 1-3 over FC Copenhagen. You can really see that FCK got a new manager and half of the team is replaced by new players.

so go luck for you and your team but i hope that you lost with twente :P

FCK pretty much out. Plzen are very strong at home. And Utaka won't be fit for OB's match against Villareal, so balls.

Back