The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Michel Bastos played the game of his life tonight.

Why Chelsea/Juve/Half of Europe turned him down at 13m euros I really, really, do not know.

He just murdered the Kazan defence repeatedly with his dribbling/crossing/shooting talent.

JUST what Chelsea need on the left wing.

Michel Bastos played the game of his life tonight.

Why Chelsea/Juve/Half of Europe turned him down at 13m euros I really, really, do not know.

He just murdered the Kazan defence repeatedly with his dribbling/crossing/shooting talent.

JUST what Chelsea need on the left wing.

Were you not watching Arsenal? Or did you watch one on the internet, one on TV?

Yeah Bastos was quality tonight, shame he dropped back to left back because he went a bit quieter then, which obviously is to be expected though when you move from LW to LB, but still it I wanted to see him carry on at LW. Also, I still don't understand why Lyon aren't starting Pjanic, he looked sharp when he came on, as usual.

Recorded it on the downstairs box via the red button and watched the Arsenal game in my upstairs room with my non Sky+ box.

Skipped through the non key highlights but I would guess his dribble completion was around 80%, he was sublime.

Easily a better player than Malouda, would be great at LW or LB but he would have certainly been a better winger for Torres on Saturday than Malouda was.

Just an awesome individual display.

Recorded it on the downstairs box via the red button and watched the Arsenal game in my upstairs room with my non Sky+ box.

Skipped through the non key highlights but I would guess his dribble completion was around 80%, he was sublime.

Easily a better player than Malouda, would be great at LW or LB but he would have certainly been a better winger for Torres on Saturday than Malouda was.

Just an awesome individual display.

Ah, I see.

Yeah a lot better than Malouda, and although there's a couple of players I would prefer ahead of him (mainly for their age, and potential) we could have done a lot worse than buying Michel Bastos.

---------- Post added 17/08/2011 at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was 16/08/2011 at 11:01 PM ----------

Bayern 2 up against Zurich. Schweinsteiger with the first from a Robben cross and a typical Robben goal - from the right, putting it on his left foot and curling it into the corner - for the second.

Arjen Robben :wub: always considered it a mistake that Chelsea let him go

The biggest mistake Roman ever made...Oh wait, that was Shevchenko...Hiring Avram Grant...Nope it was sacking Mourinho...Heck we'll just rank it with ''one of the biggest mistakes Chelsea have made''.

I guess you were right Jamie, Zapata would have fit right in at Arsenal! ;)

Musacchio has looked solid though, Zapata had looked good...

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I guess you were right Jamie, Zapata would have fit right in at Arsenal! ;)

I swear to god I do it all the time, I talked about Sammir for Dinamo and said he didn't look at the race then...BOOM he scores.

I talk players up and I just jinx them...

I did the same with Winston Bogarde when he signed for Chelsea, I got his signature at his first game and everything...Look what happened to him.

Might get a Danish team in the CL after all... I won't get my hopes up too high though, lol.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

I did the same with Winston Bogarde when he signed for Chelsea, I got his signature at his first game and everything...Look what happened to him.

Burn it

Might get a Danish team in the CL after all... I won't get my hopes up too high though, lol.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Burn it

I gave it to a friend at secondary school when I realised how absolutely abysmal he was.

OB :wub: Shame Kobenhavn ****** it up royally, they'll win the away leg 3-0 though. OB will battle a 1-0 win away.

Oh, and the 2011-12 Superliga champion will go straight through to the CL group stage. :wub:

He wasn't the first englishman to burn a house in the past month lol

:'( Don't bring up that again! I'd swap any player for Robben, even if he's always injured. When fit he's right behind Messi and Ronaldo for the best forward in the world.

:'( Don't bring up that again! I'd swap any player for Robben, even if he's always injured. When fit he's right behind Messi and Ronaldo for the best forward in the world.

I look at all the talk about the wide players, and remember just what he can do when fit, So much width on the left, and deadly coming in off the right. At least you had him, we never got that opportunity, he certainly punished us more than once though

Last edited:

I think it was Robben who wanted to leave when Madrid came calling. What a player he was. One of the best wingers to have ever played in the league. Shame about his injuries otherwise he would have named with Ronaldo, Messi as one of the best player of his generation.

TBH I wanted us to ask for Robben and Sneijder in Ronaldo deal. Would have taken us to next level.

Dinamo Zagreb played one of the best games in its history and smashed Malmo 4:1 last night. They had 29 attempts on target while guests had only 1!!! Sammir and Badelj were simply brilliant..
They wont be pushovers in CL if they continue playing like yesterday.

Back