The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Ray Wilkins just called Villarreal the whipping boys of the group. What an idiot. No whipping boys in that group. Any team could win any game in that group.

I like Wilkins. Just ignorant about other league maybe. Wont be surprised to see Villareal making it to the next round.

Messi won the best player award! What a surprise! Nearly gave me a heart attack there.

Weren't United in a monster group a few years ago?

Lille, Benfica and the great 05 Villareal team dumped United out. (United bottom with Lille 3rd both had the same GD)

People underestimate their group opponents alot, can't afford complacency in the Champions League.

BVB is the hardest team in pot 4 and we got them :( Really difficult game i think along with OM and Olipicios (sp) think we will win the 3 home games and draw loose at least 1 of the away games.

Weren't United in a monster group a few years ago?

Lille, Benfica and the great 05 Villareal team dumped United out. (United bottom with Lille 3rd both had the same GD)

People underestimate their group opponents alot, can't afford complacency in the Champions League.

Yep, exactly why i mentioned Benfica were tasty

Benfica are tasty. People forget they help put us the group stages once

Last time Benfica were in our group, we played sexy football and won the league. 2006-07. Wouldn't mind history repeating except 3-0 loss against Milan..

I always wanted a newcomer to play against us and OTELUL GALATI are as new as it gets!

At least they didn't draw a group of Barcelona, AC Milan, Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund...

At least they didn't draw a group of Barcelona, AC Milan, Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund...

City couldnt be in that group, apparently because their match days have to be separate from ours, same as arsenal and chelsea are separate

Hmmm. Couldn't have picked a better group although it certainly won't be easy. Good to see we have home games after each CL game.

Quite disappointed with the locations, I will be going to the away games so would have preferred nice places, Romania will be a good experience I suppose.

Think all the English teams should qualify.

**** Ajax are in a tough group... Again real, they never played Barca which I regret... but they can maybey do a little stunt against lyon at home, they should win twice from zagreb.

I think halfway through the draw, people were saying that Group H would be the group of death. But then after Barca and AC, iwe could have had City and Dortmund, but no, BATE and Plzen :S. They are going to get absolutely hammered!

Marseille and Dortmund? Tricky, tricky ties there.

Still very possible though, I'd like to think the group will end up with us top, I'm thinking:

Arsenal
Dortmund
Marseille
Olympiakos

Though it's tough to decide that second spot, or top for that matter.

would have preffered a harder group, i know have to pay £10 to see some random romanians and fc basel. bad times:(

Back