The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Calum, it wasn't that epic. Pretty simple tap in for a player of Cesc's quality.

Don't underestimate Dinamo Zagreb, last time they had team of similar qualities was in 1998, and then they finished the group 2nd (ahead of Porto and Ajax). Furthermore, they bought six players since last year without selling anybody, and among those they bought are Joe Simunic (15 seasons in Bundesleague and 86 caps for national team) and Domagoj Vida (last season he played for Bayer Leverkusen)

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Looking forward to the group games starting up soon, as a United fan I hope we get Barcelona before the final since our best chance of beating them is in a 2 leg tie since they dont seem as strong away from home and Old Trafford is our fortress :) in a 1 off game I expect them to win quite easily :(

Looking forward to the group games starting up soon, as a United fan I hope we get Barcelona before the final since our best chance of beating them is in a 2 leg tie since they dont seem as strong away from home and Old Trafford is our fortress :) in a 1 off game I expect them to win quite easily :(

No offence but you manager just needs to relise he needs to pack the midfield better, if you run out in a two legged tie with the team that hammered arsenal you just looking for trouble (dont get me wrong that team is class and might give madrid run for their money) but without the ball rooney, welbeck , young and nani would just be spectators. Do hope chelsea draw barce like last 16 they have the midfield steal ( only team capably of the feat in my opinion) chelsea are the anti matter to Barce's matter haha...

man i hate those catalans

Don't underestimate Dinamo Zagreb, last time they had team of similar qualities was in 1998, and then they finished the group 2nd (ahead of Porto and Ajax). Furthermore, they bought six players since last year without selling anybody, and among those they bought are Joe Simunic (15 seasons in Bundesleague and 86 caps for national team) and Domagoj Vida (last season he played for Bayer Leverkusen)

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

they got a better team then ajax, and could finish 3rd with ease but the lack of a true goalscorer which they had before in Cvitanovic/Viduka/Sokota/Eduardo could really hurt their chances

I genuinely respect Zagreb.. and the first game at Zagreb will be crucial for both of our campaigns.. nothing less than a win will do for us, but will be dificult feat

Guys the Fantasy Champions League has already started..
Maybe someone wanna start a FM-Base League?

they got a better team then ajax, and could finish 3rd with ease but the lack of a true goalscorer which they had before in Cvitanovic/Viduka/Sokota/Eduardo could really hurt their chances

I completely agree..

How is Milan in Pot 2 for the draw. The last 10 years 3 finals 2 wins. Only Barca has done better with 3 finals 3 wins. but well I dont mind we get Barca in group stage and quite easy run to round of 16.

Anyone interested in a Champions League fantasy league?

You can pick your teams/setup your accounts etc it's just we'll have to tally up a mini league between ourselves in a thread, seems like a good bit of fun.

If anyone's interested let me know and I'll post a link/thread to the site and then you can pick and post your teams...

Götze as always best player. But f*** you Klopp. Every **** Borussia DOrtmund-fan does know that Kehl and Großkreutz suck. Why the **** don't you let play Perisic and Leitner from the beginning!

******* PERISIC. I LOVE HIM! I TOLD YOU KLOPP.IVAN ******* PERISIC

I've got Thiago Silva in my fantasy team :D

Haha, f#ck Barca.

APOEL's my favourite team this season, along with CSKA Moskva of course. Nice job beating Zenit.

Back