The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Easy group for United? Hardly - I'm totally biased, but Benfica is playing great football, and is not, by any means, a team easy to beat, specially at home. Basel can be tricky. I just dunno about that other team.

United and Benfica to go through.

Tough groups are always more fun.

Happy to see City have a group were they are favourites to go trough alongside Bayern...but still the games should be pretty hard and interresting. But Citys squad depth and quality should see them through.

And no dodgy freezy russian or ukrainian pitches either. More fun for the travelling fans aswell.

Real Madrid, Lyon, Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb...not a bad group either.

Easy group for United? Hardly - I'm totally biased, but Benfica is playing great football, and is not, by any means, a team easy to beat, specially at home. Basel can be tricky. I just dunno about that other team.

United and Benfica to go through.

It's not called easy because it will be easy for them to win it, but because it will be easy to pull through.

Group A - Bayern & Napoli
Group B - Inter & Lille
Group C - United & Benfica
Group D - Madrid & Lyon
Group E - Chelsea & Valencia
Group F - Arsenal & Dortmund
Group G - Porto & Shakhtar
Group H - Barca & Milan

Predictions for qualifiers. :)

Group D - Dinamo can make it to third place, I hope... Ajax isn't as strong as last season (before Suarez left) or the season before that.

Hopefully we (Dinamo) get a draw against Lyon at home... Will be nice to see Cristiano Ronaldo (if he plays) against Dinamo :D

Tough groups. Funny how Barca manage to get BATE and Plzen but NVM.

Tough groups. Funny how Barca manage to get BATE and Plzen but NVM.

LOL i really dont know why people go o noes why do man u and barca get easy draws, they dont its luck of the draw !

i FIND IT Funny that everyone saying its a easy draw for us, benfica is a hard opposition and there is a reason they was 2nd seed. and okay Otalu Gulati is the easiest of teams but its a long way to travel and that has side effects, also basel away is a tricky game.

Yea, united will proabley top the group, but no way with 18 points, proabley with 13 points im guessing.

Rumours are circulating that City have made a £30M offer for Man Utd's group. ;)

Rumours are circulating that City have made a £30M offer for Man Utd's group. ;)

Funny. the joke was for arsenal's group, in relation to they get anything off arsenal for the right price. dont try n change it to manchester united, **** joke.

Group A:
Manchester City
Bayern Munich

Group B:
Inter Milan
CSKA Moscow

Group C:
Manchester United
Benfica

Group D:
Real Madrid
Olympique Lyonnais

Group E:
Chelsea
Bayer Leverkusen

Group F:
Arsenal
Borussia Dortmund

Group G:
FC Porto
Shakhtar Donetsk

Group H:
FC Barcelona
AC Milan

Thought I might as well throw my predictions out there for the top 2 teams in each group.

Funny. the joke was for arsenal's group, in relation to they get anything off arsenal for the right price. dont try n change it to manchester united, **** joke.

Bite the ******* bullet, you cry baby.

i FIND IT Funny that everyone saying its a easy draw for us, benfica is a hard opposition and there is a reason they was 2nd seed. and okay Otalu Gulati is the easiest of teams but its a long way to travel and that has side effects, also basel away is a tricky game.

Yea, united will proabley top the group, but no way with 18 points, proabley with 13 points im guessing.

It is an easy draw. Benfica is definitely not the hardest second draw - "see AC Milan" - Basel is one of the easiest 3rd draws and Otalu Gulati is probably the easiest 4th draw.

Group A - Bayern & Napoli
Group B - Inter & Lille
Group C - United & Benfica
Group D - Madrid & Lyon
Group E - Chelsea & Valencia
Group F - Arsenal & Dortmund
Group G - Porto & Shakhtar
Group H - Barca & Milan

Predictions for qualifiers. :)

Group A - City and Napoli
Group B - Lille and Inter
Group C - United and Benfica
Group D - Madrid and Lyon
Group E - Chelsea and Leverkusen
Group F - Arsenal and Marseille
Group G - Porto and Shakhtar
Group H - FC BATE Borisov (they deserve full name for being awesome) and Barcelona

My predictions, in order of places 1 and 2, also there was no bias involved in my group h predictions

From twitter:

While we're wondering who Otelul Galati are, everyone else is wondering the fúck Manchester City are

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

My Predictions:

Group A
Bayern Munich
Villarreal

Group B:
Inter Milan
Lille

Group C:
Manchester United
Benfica

Group D:
Real Madrid
Olympique Lyonnais

Group E:
Chelsea
Bayer Leverkusen

Group F:
Arsenal
Borussia Dortmund

Group G:
FC Porto
Shakhtar Donetsk

Group H:
FC Barcelona
AC Milan

I like Wilkins. Just ignorant about other league maybe. Wont be surprised to see Villareal making it to the next round.

As an avid la liga fan but having watched Vilareal in pre season and taking into account there progress pattern i beleive that group will be to much for them...:( i hope i'm wrong and would love to see those arrogant citizens stay at home in round of 16

On Reals draw could have been harder but have to admit they teams that have the midfield structures to get stuck in and cause a slightly (only slightly) suspect Xabi alonso and co :) hope Sahin fits in quick. First game versus Zagreb is crucial

As an avid la liga fan but having watched Vilareal in pre season and taking into account there progress pattern i beleive that group will be to much for them...:( i hope i'm wrong and would love to see those arrogant citizens stay at home in round of 16

Wouldn't read too much about preseason.Its just to build match fitness. Last season Chelsea had poor preseason but started league so well. Before that when Ramos was at Spurs, they beat Roma 5-0 in the preseason but collected only 2 points from first 8 games.

Villareal have done well in Europe before that (Yeah under different manager) but they have the experience. They play very nice pressing game. I can see them winning few games.

Madrid will dominate the group. No doubt. Ronaldo will score for fun too. All cricket scores ;)

Wouldn't read too much about preseason.Its just to build match fitness. Last season Chelsea had poor preseason but started league so well. Before that when Ramos was at Spurs, they beat Roma 5-0 in the preseason but collected only 2 points from first 8 games.

Villareal have done well in Europe before that (Yeah under different manager) but they have the experience. They play very nice pressing game. I can see them winning few games.

Madrid will dominate the group. No doubt. Ronaldo will score for fun too. All cricket scores ;)

I understand your point of view and I am in agreement pre season means little but remembering last year thay heavly relied on said passing game , which I highly enjoy but it does have to say that it takes awhile into the season to gell... evidence being to sluggish start last year, dont get me wrong they can match pretty much anyone on their day and that Rossi Nilmar partnership can cause all three of those teams problems... just fear the tiring legs of Senna show. Saying all this I must make it clear they definitely capable of beating all those teams but just fearful (the strike didnt help as they need substantial competitive matches to get into rhythm)

On the Madrid subject i still need to see the Ronaldo United reunion in final ..thats my prediction well thats if we dont draw those dirty Catalans:P Would be great to see Sir Alex to come face to face with the only man to come close to matching him ..hahaha cue the hate from the Wenger and Pep fans

I understand your point of view and I am in agreement pre season means little but remembering last year thay heavly relied on said passing game , which I highly enjoy but it does have to say that it takes awhile into the season to gell... evidence being to sluggish start last year, dont get me wrong they can match pretty much anyone on their day and that Rossi Nilmar partnership can cause all three of those teams problems... just fear the tiring legs of Senna show. Saying all this I must make it clear they definitely capable of beating all those teams but just fearful (the strike didnt help as they need substantial competitive matches to get into rhythm)

On the Madrid subject i still need to see the Ronaldo United reunion in final ..thats my prediction well thats if we dont draw those dirty Catalans:P Would be great to see Sir Alex to come face to face with the only man to come close to matching him ..hahaha cue the hate from the Wenger and Pep fans

Yeah I got it what you meant. Just saying they have done it before in the champions league. I like their game so maybe bit biased when I say they can qualify for next round.

Much depends on Nilmar - Rossi partnership.

Yeah would like to see Ronaldo playing against us. Wouldn't mind Madrid in champions league. Ronaldo will be back to OT and also Madrid Vs ManUtd will be a awesome game. Haven't played you for a decade.

Back