The Champions League Discussion Thread

Brave brave call that. Not enough in it for me to be a pen, Vazquez wasn't bothered about tryna head that ball in, he was waiting for any slight nudge to tumble over.

Brave brave call that. Not enough in it for me to be a pen, Vazquez wasn't bothered about tryna head that ball in, he was waiting for any slight nudge to tumble over.

I think it's a foul, but the way I would describe it, is that Vazquez gets fouled while he is diving.

I don't know what to make of this to be honest. Definitely not as clear cut pen that people are making it out to be.

I think it's a foul, but the way I would describe it, is that Vazquez gets fouled while he is diving.

I don't know what to make of this to be honest. Definitely not as clear cut pen that people are making it out to be.
Yep its just the way the games gone. Were contact even the smallest is considered a pen and no common sense is being applied by the refs. You could see Vazquez had no intention of even attempting to attack the ball, he was already on his way down just waiting for a Juve CB to slightly nudge him. Pretty clever from him.

Yeah I'm not much for conspiracy theories but a case certainly can be made that Madrid are getting suspicious amount of luck in the Champions League.

Just a heads up-keep posts in English. If you can't type in English use google translate. Obviously can read English or you wouldn't have made a lame attempt at trolling other people-which is why your post was deleted.

Stick to the point of the thread or be banned. Only warning. Tolerance for idiots is zero right now.

Just a heads up-keep posts in English. If you can't type in English use google translate. Obviously can read English or you wouldn't have made a lame attempt at trolling other people-which is why your post was deleted.

Stick to the point of the thread or be banned. Only warning. Tolerance for idiots is zero right now.

Nice, just for giving my opinion it means i'm trolling ;). The fact you don't like my opinion doesn't mean you have to call me idiot. Show some respect i did not call you idiot.

As i said, i laugh about all these conspiracy against Real Madrid, haters are gonna hate, deal with it, Real has now 13 Champions ;).

BTW: Liverpool injured Carvajal, what you, liverpool fans, have to say about it.

P.S: You now can delete this post if you want ajt09 ;) since you don't consider talking about Real Madrid CL Final to ¨Stick to the point of the thread¨.

PS2. Ban me if you want i will re enter with other nick tough guy and with another IP, your forum it's not the only one for FM, you think yourself the master of the world........dictador.

PS3. Considering the comments on your profile i guessed right, you're a dictator, moderators like you make forums like this,pages to avoid on the internet :mad:

Last edited:
I've seen many posts in other languages and never ever where ereased. next time ill be looking if you delete them ;)

Well at least the rust has been shaken off the hammer.

I was starting to wonder about the 4 team playoff at the start of the tournament

Anyone watching Real Madrid- Ajax?

Gonna be a great second half. Shame Real has 2 injuries, but I don't think Asensio and Bale made them any worse!

Been a great first half tadic has been the stand out but everyone playing really well for ajax

It's a joy to see young Ajax team of local lads destroy European supergiants once again. I almost got teary-eyed watching this.

It's a joy to see young Ajax team of local lads destroy European supergiants once again. I almost got teary-eyed watching this.

And yet again they are amazing. The skill and flair they have, added with running to pressure opponent and passing with each other...

Love their pre game video also
[video=youtube;UGt_ZjRhzic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGt_ZjRhzic[/video]

And yet again they are amazing. The skill and flair they have, added with running to pressure opponent and passing with each other...

Love their pre game video also
[video=youtube;UGt_ZjRhzic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGt_ZjRhzic[/video]

Wouldn't dare to say who's going through next round...

Ronaldo will be more fit after his injury again, Juve at home, Tagliafico suspended which is going to hurt a lot.
On the other side, Juve might be scared of the away-goals Ajax can score at any time. Either from their pressing or their countre attack. Don't forget they're strong with set pieces aswell with Ziyech and Schone.

I doubt Juve will sit back this much as today. You barely saw their midfield with the ball.

I haven't seen a lot of matches this year. The only ones I saw were Real-Ajax, Liverpool-Porto and yesterday Ajax-Juve. But finally I think football is slowly becoming more dynamic in their formations. Other sports like field hockey have been switching formations continous and finally football is following.

For example with Liverpool you saw that they'd start their outlet (build-up) with 4 defenders. Keita would drop and the wing backs would go forward to make it a outlet with 3 defenders. This is nice, because setting up a press against a back 4 or a back 3 is very different and you can see teams struggle against it. Forcing them to park the bus, playing a 4-4-2 defensively at half court.

Now the next step for Liverpool would be is to keep switching in their outlets between a back 4 and back 3. Because once Liverpool once was in their back 3 they kept in it. You could go back to b4 by dropping a wing back or by dribbling in with a defender while both wing backs fall back. It will give a lot more opportunities to go past a press. Because honestly, the first 30 minutes of these games are fun, because you can see they do have a gameplan, but after that it's becoming stale. It is always the same.

Ajax is doing so well, because they're a step further in their dynamic formations than the other 4 teams I've seen playing. They switch more easily from back 4 to back 3. But they also have different formations to build-up. You saw that pretty good against Real in Madrid. In ball possession Ajax also dares to overload any side (left, middle, right). They are used to play in small areas and make little combinations. The fun thing is that their midfield became the players who have to intercept the rebounds, that the attackers can make combinations at 6 square meters.

Can only say I'm happy that football is becoming a bit less rigid. The players are finally able to switch formations during the game. They're not at a stage yet where they're able to think 2-3 steps ahead and going from b4-b3-b4, but I think the next surprising team in the CL will be a even more dynamic team than this Ajax.

What are your thoughts? I haven't seen much football at all last years except for the international games, so honestly wouldn't know if it really is something new.

That ex-Arsenal keeper (wouldn't dare to spell his name...) is having a great game :(