The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Most will know i'm a pessimist at the best of times but today i really felt that record would go and i don't think i've ever been so pleased to be wrong! No way a vintage performance from us today in fact the 1st half we were out of ideas, Spurs had set up sensationally well to stop us and thoroughly deserved their lead. We kept playing it out from the back but Spurs pushed up on us forcing us to smash it long into no mans land!

However we got our bit of luck and it was a bit of magic very apt it was a Zola-esque strike when the mans sitting in the BT studio from Pedro. Very fortuitous the goal but that was the trigger for us, we woke up, Spurs panicked and the end result was inevitable. For me the main difference maker today was Costa, yes he didn't score but he was involved in absolutely everything going forward for us in the 2nd half he was an absolute nuisance he was for me man of the match. I would go on a rant about Harry Redknapp and his post game comments but he really is not worth the time the *******!

It will be shorter than usual this week so i'll wrap it up by saying 7 wins in a row now but the last 2 showed we can mix it up, winning whilst not at your best like tonight is a very good trait to have.

UTC!!!

Congratulations fellas. Don't really have a clue how you played or how the game went. (It was on when I got back down town but the City was too busy bouncing from our own pivotal victory.). But that's a massive victory regardless. Still not convinced a formation change is whats changed Chelsea to such a degree and that when its figured out they won't have the same issues. But one things for **** sure. Right here, right now, you're in this race and full credit to Conte for that. After the way this horrid version of Mourinho decimated you, he's revitalised the whole club and then some. I never had you even making Europe so there you go. Got that one spectacularly wrong to date.

This is fast becoming a three horse race.

I hope you're up for a fight because we're in this to win it until the bitter end!

Last edited:
Chelsea plan to enter contract talks with Victor Moses in the coming weeks after it emerged he has become a transfer target for Barcelona, according to Sky sources.

---

Is this a joke?

Chelsea plan to enter contract talks with Victor Moses in the coming weeks after it emerged he has become a transfer target for Barcelona, according to Sky sources.

---

Is this a joke?

They really do need a rightback, and they have traditionally used wingbacks... Although this one feels more like someone saw "Barca need RB", went on Whoscored, filtered by right wingbacks and picked the highest rated one.

‘When i’m sitting there and watching I appreciate how well they’re playing and like I said, if I don’t get back in the team it’s a thing because it means we carry on winning.
‘In the nicest way, I hope I don’t get back in the team because it means we continue to win football matches.’

Read more: Chelsea news: John Terry proves how much he loves Chelsea in brutally honest interview with William Gallas | Metro News

He'd probably prefer to be a part of the team, but that's a positive attitude by JT.

Chelsea are in a three-way fight with Liverpool and Man City for title, says Eden Hazard

Hazard rules out Arsenal. Cue the fume from Arsenal fans all over social media. Nottin' like stiring up a rival.

I have nothing against Arsenal, but we've seen this over and over again for the past decade. Start the season looking like a contender, ending it on a down slope, sometimes struggling to secure the UCL spot. I honestly don't see them in the race either, but that's just my opinion.

I have nothing against Arsenal, but we've seen this over and over again for the past decade. Start the season looking like a contender, ending it on a down slope, sometimes struggling to secure the UCL spot. I honestly don't see them in the race either, but that's just my opinion.

Oh, I don't disagree with him at all.

Just wasn't lost on me the nice little shot at Arsenal, without directly taking a shot, to stir them up in that.

Figured yers all would get a kick out of this:

BigSport@BigSportGB Nov 27

Chelsea are 17 points better off than they were last season.Man Utd are 7 points worse off...
CySh1K_WEAAepJB.jpg:large

Wythenshawe's' Anthony Taylor officiating this game is a complete joke!

He should NEVER referee either Manchester club. Or either Merseyside club come to that. Just leaves the FA and everyone open to controversy.

Wythenshawe's' Anthony Taylor officiating this game is a complete joke!

He should NEVER referee either Manchester club. Or either Merseyside club come to that. Just leaves the FA and everyone open to controversy.

How Luiz is still on the pitch I'll never know! **** myself as soon as he made that challenge.

Oh dear. As an outsider looking in, Gary Cahill is always liable for that - a mistake waiting to happen. Just put your studs on it and send it out for a corner, or as Neville said, opposite foot. Luiz has actually been really good at the back, barring that challenge that should've seen him penalised and probably sent off, but even at that, it was from an Azpi error.

Azpilicueta and Moses are below average today, Kante a bit nervous too. Fabregas, absent. Still time to salvage something.

Luiz should of walked.

Prime case of why Taylor shouldn't be ANYWHERE near a City/ United game. Leaves it open to all sorts of controversy. '****, I'm under pressure here. I'm from Manchester. Can't be seen to be favouring City .....' Or worse he's a Utd fan.

Why the FA/ Premier League/ Refs Association continue to make such boneheaded appointments is beyond everyone.

Luiz should of walked.

Prime case of why Taylor shouldn't be ANYWHERE near a City/ United game. Leaves it open to all sorts of controversy. '****, I'm under pressure here. I'm from Manchester. Can't be seen to be favouring City .....' Or worse he's a Utd fan.

Why the FA/ Premier League/ Refs Association continue to make such boneheaded appointments is beyond everyone.

Cant ruin the game with a big call if you dont make any... lol.

Cant ruin the game with a big call if you dont make any... lol.

Yeah, aside from the fact the bellends from Wythenshawe, he's **** out of most every call. At least three, if not 4 massive ones missed.

One of the worst officials we have. Which is really saying something given the current **** poor standard of refereeing in England.

Second week in a row he's been an absolute disgrace. He had a shocker at Anfield last week. Another game he should NEVER of been anywhere near.

Last edited:
HTF did De Bruyne miss that?

Deary me it was easier to score!

*Edit* VERY costly miss now. Brilliant ball from Fabregas. Excellent goal all round.

Back