The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
One of them rhymes with 'luck' ;)

And on topic, Chelsea are playing incredibly atm. Very glad we played at the Bridge before this formation switch!

It's you and Arsenal that have inspired the shift really. Typical Arsenal, even when they beat us, they still lose.

Alex kiwomyas goal today means that all the goals scored by Chelsea's players out on loan this season adds up to 50 already!

^ I still can't believe Moses isn't out on loan this season :D

This is an early test of Chelsea's bottle, with Liverpool slipping up they can go top with 3 points this evening. Let's see how it pans out.

This is an early test of Chelsea's bottle, with Liverpool slipping up they can go top with 3 points this evening. Let's see how it pans out.

I would fully expect Chelsea to win today. Middlesbrough are no great shakes at all.

The test of just where this recent Chelsea revival is comes the next two Saturday's at home to Tottenham and away at Citeh.

You'd expect it, but you would've expected City to of beaten them a few weeks back, you would've expected Liverpool to of beaten Soton, you would've expected United to of beaten Arsenal, but hey, the underdogs get away fortunately unscathed at times :P

When did Gastón Ramirez and Adama Traoré become such an attacking threat?

Real good watch this. Middlesbrough bossing the first quarter. Chelsea the second. Heck of a save from Pedro by Valdés. Great poaching by Costa on the goal. If terribly bad defending from Middlesbrough for the first time the half.

Feel Chelsea need a second to sit comfortable. Should be a fun second half.

When did Gastón Ramirez and Adama Traoré become such an attacking threat?

Real good watch this. Middlesbrough bossing the first quarter. Chelsea the second. Heck of a save from Pedro by Valdés. Great poaching by Costa on the goal. If terribly bad defending from Middlesbrough for the first time the half.

Feel Chelsea need a second to sit comfortable. Should be a fun second half.

Adama looks like he could be a good wing back if you get me ;) haha

Big away 3 points, top of the table after 12 games even though you were beaten by Liverpool & Arsenal. Very dangerous.

Not our most beautiful win since changing to the 3-4-3 but fair play to Middlesbrough they gave us a good game today that Adama was a real threat! Moses brilliant once again fully deserved his motm award.

Not our most beautiful win since changing to the 3-4-3 but fair play to Middlesbrough they gave us a good game today that Adama was a real threat! Moses brilliant once again fully deserved his motm award.

Yeah, very hard fought win that was in the balance right up until the whistle. Middlesbrough just lack that extra quality in key areas.

Certainly scope to get in behind down the wings. I'll be real surprised if he doesn't tweak next Saturday against Tottenham. The way they work and press high, those central three will need a lot more protection.

Look we will have games where we absolutely blow teams away buy any side that aspires for Top 4 needs to be able to grind out wins away at home to good sides like Boro. Exactly what Chelsea managed with some luck going our way. No point getting carried away as our streak will likely end in the next 2 games and we will slip down the table but if we are going to drop points, let it be against the best teams and not anyone else.

Also I will put up my hands and admit it, I wanted Costa gone last season. He seemed more interested in picking meaningless fights rather than scoring goals. This season he has been completely different. Someone shared this example and I think itd extremely pertinent-

In the Everton game, Coleman went studs into Costa in a horrible challenge. The Costa of previous seasons would have spent the rest of the game trying to exact revenge and pick useless fights. This Costa brushed it off and focused on the more serious business of winning the game.

Also I will put up my hands and admit it, I wanted Costa gone last season. He seemed more interested in picking meaningless fights rather than scoring goals. This season he has been completely different. Someone shared this example and I think itd extremely pertinent-

In the Everton game, Coleman went studs into Costa in a horrible challenge. The Costa of previous seasons would have spent the rest of the game trying to exact revenge and pick useless fights. This Costa brushed it off and focused on the more serious business of winning the game.

Mourinho always seems to encourage aggressive players to play even more aggressively. Pure speculation, but I think this was the cause of Costa's style, if you can call it that. I do enjoy a bit of aggression, but everything has it's limits, and Costa went over that line more than once.

Is this the point where I get to be smug and remember I predicted Costa to tear it up this season? He's benefitting so much from effectively having another striker to play off, and Hazard/Pedro being narrower is stopping him from drifting off into the channels so much. The system just works for so many of our players (sorry Cesc :( )

With Gerrard retiring, I think it's time for us to enjoy this one last time...

[video=youtube;xxWJeZaV8-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxWJeZaV8-E[/video]

Not a great performance but a wins a win especially when it's against Spurs! Victor Moses just keeps coming up with the goods.

Back