The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Should be 2 down, 1-1 - Game on. Good for the neutral this. (H)

Chelsea are frightening on the counter. They were against us, and they are today. Big armoury in games like these. Personally I think a draw was the fair result, but a real gritty championesque win.

Spurs and city are the real tests for Chelsea they said. Will Chelsea pass them they said. GET IN!!!

That was an absolutely disgraceful tattle from Augero.

And now Fernandinho off with him. Absolute disastrous day for City.

Disgusting challenge that from Aguero, could've badly injured Luiz - seen a different side to him this season with that elbow earlier in the season and then that.

Chelsea are frightening on the counter. They were against us, and they are today. Big armoury in games like these. Personally I think a draw was the fair result, but a real gritty championesque win.

One Costa injury away from having nothing up that end. Badly need some back-up in January.

Spurs and city are the real tests for Chelsea they said. Will Chelsea pass them they said. GET IN!!!

Congratulations. Not sure how City didn't get at least a point save for they can't defend for **** and you dug in, defended well and were absolutely clinical with the three chances you had.

With no disrespect to Bournemouth intended, City's the team we both likely get a little bit of daylight over this weekend then.

And with City's horrid December and Chelsea and L'pool's comfortable run, this could swing to a two horse race the turn the year.

One Costa injury away from having nothing up that end. Badly need some back-up in January.

I agree with what you're saying, but I think it's one of those situations, you're never going to get a player anywhere near his quality that's willing to sit on the bench. Don't particularly like him, but he's within the top 3 lone strikers in world football for me. Haven't seen too much of Batshuayi but most Chelsea fans are happy to have him as a backup? Not sure.

What goes around comes around aguero! Should of been sent off for a nasty two footed challenge on Luiz three years back!

I'm not sure i've recovered from the game yet, one thing i do know is that i have watched the highlights at least 20 times already my other half questioned my sanity earlier but she just doesn't understand!

Such an impact filled game i know i'm going to leave things out but as i only watched highlights an hour ago i would like to pick up a few things we may have forgotten. Defensively i felt we were very poor yesterday. Most of City's chances were either from our own wrongdoings giving away possession 30 yards from our goal or down our left hand side against a very poor Cahill. I do believe that is the position we need to address long term, when Azpilicueta is coming across to cover him that;s when problems arise. There are 3 things i want to pick out in general, one is the last ditch tackle by Kante on Gundogan in the 1st half from behind. He just nicked the ball when most players wouldn't have got anywhere near it, it was an exceptional tackle and such a crucial touch. I also want to pick out and praise our goalkeeper, he made 2-3 brilliant key saves when we were 1-0 down and he gets a lot of stick from some fans so he deserves some praise. The last thing i want to point out is the performance of David Luiz, defensively he was absolutely textbook! Got his head/foot to every single cross, stuck with Aguero like glue and marshaled the side from the back he has become the leader out there and matured into a fine defender.

A quick mention on the more stand points the performance from Diego Costa in the 2nd half was up there with any single performance i have seen from any Chelsea striker every aspect of his game was world class. I actually don't think we played that well as i said earlier especially defensively but the fact i feel like that yet we've come away with a 3-1 win away at the title favorites says one thing to me, mark of champions!

I said to my pessimistic self before the Spurs game that if could pick up 4 points from these 2 matches then i'd believe we were title contenders. And truth of the matter is i still actually don't believe we are "contenders", that's because i believe we are favorites!

UTC!!!

FTC!!! (Old habits and all that as always CJ.).

See you January 31st. With the Cup fourth round the prior weekend, that Tuesday night promises to be quite the night at Anfield!

God you guys are a hard watch.

Granted it's West Brom today and Pulisian football, but having watched you a lot lately out of interest with your rise up the table, outside of the Utd walloping I'd hate to sit through this. I know, results are all important, you're currently staying top the league for another weekend, and you were quite happy with similar through Mourinho. But as a fan, I'd hate to be paying to watch it.

Different views on what you want from football I guess.

Turgid first half but much more happy with the scoreline than I'm sure you guys are.

Back