The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
With the major difference being Klopp never loaned out Ward to start with and he was the de facto bench 'keeper right the way through the second half of last season upon his return. Even starting a couple of league games.

It's certainly not a unique situation but that's not the example you want to be using mate.

With the major difference being Klopp never loaned out Ward to start with and he was the de facto bench 'keeper right the way through the second half of last season upon his return. Even starting a couple of league games.

It's certainly not a unique situation but that's not the example you want to be using mate.

I know Klopp didn't loan him out, that was the point I was making in the second half of my comment in terms of the positives. And yes he started a couple of games but I don't think being a bench keeper was better for his development than playing week in, week out at Aberdeen. Similar story with Ake - week in, week out football with Bournemouth vs being a bench option with occasional Cup starts, or even league eventually if Conte is happy with him. I think an outfield player would get more minutes off the bench than a keeper anyway!

It's beside the point now though, as Ward is doing very well for Huddersfield :)

Just looking at the table and the relegation places and it just begs the questions WTF you 1) Never accepted Bournemouth's deadline day bid and 2) Took the lad back off his loan to put him in your ressie's? Nathan Aké I'm talking about here. Easy to see why Bournemouth are ****** and the lad himself mustn't too chuffed. Never really been a part of anything at Chelsea. Not been at the club the last two years. Playing regularly and well at Bournemouth. And now he's back in unfamiliar surroundings and back the reserves. The 'cover line' doesn't really wash either. Why now and not back in August?

I appreciate he's Chelsea's player and as such it's their prerogative to do what they want with him. But looking at it from every angle it's a pretty darn poor thing to do what you've gone and done.

I actually questioned us taking him back one of the minority thought i must say. I rate him massively and he's a great squad player so versatile but right now i asked myself do we need Ake to make sure we win the league? No, so i would have let him see the season out however..... If Cahill and/or Alonso was to get an injury i think i'll be counting my lucky stars.

Amazed that it took until January for a PL club to sign Brady. I remember Leicester were after him in the summer but then all went quiet. A brave workhorse with technical ability, should've been at least 8 PL clubs looking at him.

Amazed that it took until January for a PL club to sign Brady. I remember Leicester were after him in the summer but then all went quiet. A brave workhorse with technical ability, should've been at least 8 PL clubs looking at him.
Would of made it under Fergie for sure. Rated him highly and just started training and going on Tours with the first team before Fergie left. Joyce said he had one of the best left foots he seen in the academy in a long time.

So versatile too, can play LB, LM/LW, CM, I'd say he could even do a job close to the striker. An asset for Burnley. Never know about making it at Old Trafford, personally think he falls short of the top level, but we'll never know!

Reports now coming out that Costa is close to sealing a new contract. Honestly believe its the right move for him. China would be a disaster for him on every level and there is little scope to achieve much at Atletico once Griezzman and Simeone leave.

I just want to talk quickly about one of our players of the season for me the third best/crucial (behind Kante and Costa) in Pedro. Was tough for any new players to adapt last season with the joke of a season we had on and off the pitch but this season he's been exceptional and for me better/more consistent than both Willian and Hazard. Delighted to see a player of that ability play for my club and can see him going down as a cult hero and well thought of when he leaves/retires with us Chelsea fans.

Yeah, he's been terrific, but he's also likeliest to draw the short straw should Chelsea go all out for a marquee signing in attack. ie; James, Griezmann, etc etc.

Yeah, he's been terrific, but he's also likeliest to draw the short straw should Chelsea go all out for a marquee signing in attack. ie; James, Griezmann, etc etc.

Maybe, i think we are light in them positions in general so not sure someone has to leave in order to sign someone. I hope he stays for sure.

Yeah, you'll need plenty of depth for next season with European footy back. Something tells me in the next few years, English teams can become a force again in the CL. Mourinho & Pep building things at the respective Manchester clubs, Conte doing wonders at Chelsea with a likely transfer kitty in the summer. Hopefully things pick up again.

And Arsenal :)?
Really seems that their time is come and without big changes in summer they will be out of CL for several years.

If Wenger moves on and they do something real risky like go for a Simeone type, the complete polar opposite, then you could well see them dip.

If he doesn't, or someone similar replaced him if he did, then nah. Top 4 is what Arsenal do. Just is what it is.

We'll see but Arsenal is the last team I'm ruling out of the top 4 whilst Wenger is still there. Not a threat for the title but they always do just enough regardless of the money spent around them to secure the Champions League place.

Things have gone to far with them for top 4 anymore. They soon will be battling the 5-7 place. Their players are ageing, might lose best player, players just dont seem to have winning mentality(or this is fault of Wenger). Top 4 is just too tight next year with Che, Spurs, Manchester clubs, Liverpool.

I'd honestly be surprised if they end up in top 4 this season.

..... Top 4 is just too tight next year with Che, Spurs, Manchester clubs, Liverpool.

Tottenham are in no-mans land next season. Still can't understand the decision to spend a year at Wembley.

That's like a year of 38 away games. You're not getting a home field advantage from that place.

That would have a big question mark against them for a top 4 place next year for me.

Back