The Chelsea Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35K
  • Views Views 3M
Seems to me like we need a more all-rounded midfielder in the mould of N'Zonzi. Someone like Pogba who has the mobility, strength and qualities to be a decisive factor in both halves of the pitch. Kante is an excellent destroyer and Matic is a bit more well-rounded but neither of them are the answer.

N'Zonzi is nothing like Pogba. The former can dictate play from deep and offers more defensively than Pogba. Think of N'Zonzi as Michael Carrick with s***loads of strength and stamina.

If im thinking about all the deals likely needed, I'd get N'Zonzi.

You will have to shell out for a top line hard working forward, and a RB.

Even getting back 40m for Costa, anyone else coming is going to be expensive.

Chelsea are far off the UCL. This may not be popular but the players Chelsea have been linked with aren't impressive other than Kolasinac. Remember that Chelsea don't have the best squad in the Premier League. Arsenal and especially United are well ahead. Chelsea have good coaching on their side.

In my opinion, Chelsea should be looking at players like Keita, N'Zonzi, Mbappe and Emerson etc to reach the next level.

You lost my attention at N'Zonzi!!!!!! Seriously!!!! The former Stoke City midfielder N'Zonzi!!!!! He may look a presence in the Spanish league but that's because he stands out in a league with technical midfielders. He was average at best in the Premier League.

I do like Morata. His ceiling is Costa. Fired Juve to a UCL final. Elite mentality and big game player.

First player would be Emerson. Been a top 5 left back this season for Roma and 20 years old. He's been crazy good.

Second would be a central defender. It's very hard to judge defenders across systems. Even pro scouts have mixed success. This is because defensive systems vary so much that it's hard to judge strengths and weaknesses. Cahill is a joke defender. Luiz is good but not at the highest level. Christensen is an extremely intelligent defender. Only one I can say is good for sure would be Daniele Rugani.

I'd replace Moses as well. He's a weak link defensively. I reckon you could wrestle Hysaj off of Napoli.

Next would be a DM. As Fabregas will leave, I'm thinking someone that can dictate and control a game. N'Zonzi has arguably been the best in Europe this season. Has a 30 Million Euro release clause at Sevilla. Don't be surprised to see him at City/Bayern come the summer.

Naby Keita would be a dream partnership with Kante. Physically homogenous players. Literally crazy amounts of energy. Naby Keita can do what Kante does plus create and destroy.

Belotti/Morata to replace Costa is a no brainer.

Chelsea could make a statement of intent and try to sign Mbappe/Bernardo Silva/Thomas Lemar. Crazy how Monaco have 3 young wide forwards better than Martial a year after selling.

Another central defender is needed definately

Costa is leaving primarily for cash plus Griezmann is being sold due to the stadium. Unsure about that. Looks like China.

So your basically saying sign a kid because he's had 1 good season and he'll ensure your a force in Europe?????

And seriously Cahill a "joke" defender! Where the **** do you get off! The one thing he is good at is defending! Out of position where is is right now and does struggle but to call a man who won all top trophies available to him in quickest time ever is shocking.

Not even going to entertain the N'Zonzi opinion again.

You also have to remember here the players your naming play in leagues that are inferior, how many players come over here and struggle.

If Costa goes my personal first choice would be Lukaku you may say "wouldn't do well in europe" but how do you know??? Has Belotti smashed Europa??? Morata done okay in Europe for sure but maybe won't settle in the Premier League where as Lukaku will because he already has.

Your just frustrating me with the constant "sign these kids" as if they are going to take us to that next level in Europe. This current side we have right now looks as if it could ease Chelsea to a Premier League title so why on earth would they be so caught out in Europe! Man City tore Barca apart this season remember and we went to the Etihad and especially in the 2nd half tore City apart.

If Chelsea in your mind are miles away from doing anything in Europe then my god where does that leave the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, City and Utd!

Zouma is a rotation quality player. The amount of time he makes last ditch tackles and get caught out of position... He's also not good enough on the ball. Christensen is a class above.

This is absolute bull and i'll tell you for why. A lot of the games in which Zouma featured in (before his injury) he was playing right side of the centre backs. And i know this because i remember pointing this out time and time again when it was happening b the way. A very declining Ivanovic was always beaten for pace or caught out of position and Zouma had to always come across to cover him and this happened on multiple occasions. He's played 2,565 minutes of Premier League football and received 1 yellow card so if he as you say "has to make last ditch tackles because he gets caught out" at least he's getting them spot on.

If im thinking about all the deals likely needed, I'd get N'Zonzi.

You will have to shell out for a top line hard working forward, and a RB.

Even getting back 40m for Costa, anyone else coming is going to be expensive.

40 mill for Costa, try adding another 20 on that to start off with i think.

1) Atletico arent going to spend 60m on him.

2) Have you been watching N'Zonzi? he's a very different player to the one we saw in the premiership a few years back

1) Atletico arent going to spend 60m on him.

2) Have you been watching N'Zonzi? he's a very different player to the one we saw in the premiership a few years back

Atletico won't have to because if they don't stump up the cash or offer us a player in the deal we won't need to sell to them and he go poodle off to China. Lets try to remember we are still sitting on the Oscar money and the new Nike kit deal kicks off this summer too.

I saw bits of him in earlier part of season but for me he's going to stand out in Spain ****** Joselu scored a brace against Real Madrid not so long ago! N'Zonzi has amazing physique and against our physical centre mid Matic both are same age N'Zonzi probably has better stamina and maybe better passing range but do we really want to splash out on a just a little bit better version of what we have??

And Cahill is so average it hurts.

He will be replaced one day but right now he's captain and Conte knows having some of the older lads in there is important. He has had some real real bad performances but he's out of position. I think Ake could slot into that position personally but there is no chance Cahill gets dropped this season. And when you say average i think that's so harsh, average in this system and style of play but for a side who need to defend for 80 minutes a game he's still one of the best around.

The whole reason you're likely to sell him is because he's ******* about with his future.

He's quite a bit better than Matic, better physically, techinically, better passer, better mobility.

What the **** has Joselu scoring twice against Madrid got to do with how good N'Zonzi is?!

You lost my attention at N'Zonzi!!!!!! Seriously!!!! The former Stoke City midfielder N'Zonzi!!!!! He may look a presence in the Spanish league but that's because he stands out in a league with technical midfielders. He was average at best in the Premier League.

So your basically saying sign a kid because he's had 1 good season and he'll ensure your a force in Europe?????

And seriously Cahill a "joke" defender! Where the **** do you get off! The one thing he is good at is defending! Out of position where is is right now and does struggle but to call a man who won all top trophies available to him in quickest time ever is shocking.

Not even going to entertain the N'Zonzi opinion again.

You also have to remember here the players your naming play in leagues that are inferior, how many players come over here and struggle.

If Costa goes my personal first choice would be Lukaku you may say "wouldn't do well in europe" but how do you know??? Has Belotti smashed Europa??? Morata done okay in Europe for sure but maybe won't settle in the Premier League where as Lukaku will because he already has.

Your just frustrating me with the constant "sign these kids" as if they are going to take us to that next level in Europe. This current side we have right now looks as if it could ease Chelsea to a Premier League title so why on earth would they be so caught out in Europe! Man City tore Barca apart this season remember and we went to the Etihad and especially in the 2nd half tore City apart.

If Chelsea in your mind are miles away from doing anything in Europe then my god where does that leave the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, City and Utd!

This is absolute bull and i'll tell you for why. A lot of the games in which Zouma featured in (before his injury) he was playing right side of the centre backs. And i know this because i remember pointing this out time and time again when it was happening b the way. A very declining Ivanovic was always beaten for pace or caught out of position and Zouma had to always come across to cover him and this happened on multiple occasions. He's played 2,565 minutes of Premier League football and received 1 yellow card so if he as you say "has to make last ditch tackles because he gets caught out" at least he's getting them spot on.
Oh dear! You clearly haven't watched much N'Zonzi. He stuck out like a sore thumb in the Premier League and Sevilla pounced. Easily Stoke's best player. He's a highly technical player and arguably Sevilla's best. I wouldn't be so definitive about someone I don't see play.

Cahill is a brainless defender. He's caught out of position so often and looks like a technical god because of the system.

You must seriously be misinformed to think that all of these leagues are inferior, especially La Liga. Which is why your doubts over those strikers are ridiculous. Morata is a proven big game player that's fired his team to a champions league final. More than just "okay in Europe" . Belotti is averaging 0.75 goals per game in Serie A. He offers many of the same attributes as Costa.

Hysaj isn't a kid and he's a top 5 world right back. Huge upgrade over Moses. Naby Keita is a vastly superior player to Kante. You should learn about him. Incredible player. Emerson has been as good as Alex Sandro this season. Better than Alonso will ever be. If you've seen these players, they're vastly superior to what you already have.

Mbappe is a better player than Martial at 17 years old. Thierry Henry is his peak. You don't miss out on these plyers.

BTW, my comment on last ditch tackles remains valid. It doesn't necessarily mean a higher quantity of bookings. Watch him closely. He relies on athleticism.

Atletico won't have to because if they don't stump up the cash or offer us a player in the deal we won't need to sell to them and he go poodle off to China. Lets try to remember we are still sitting on the Oscar money and the new Nike kit deal kicks off this summer too.

I saw bits of him in earlier part of season but for me he's going to stand out in Spain ****** Joselu scored a brace against Real Madrid not so long ago! N'Zonzi has amazing physique and against our physical centre mid Matic both are same age N'Zonzi probably has better stamina and maybe better passing range but do we really want to splash out on a just a little bit better version of what we have??

The whole reason you're likely to sell him is because he's ******* about with his future.

He's quite a bit better than Matic, better physically, techinically, better passer, better mobility.

What the **** has Joselu scoring twice against Madrid got to do with how good N'Zonzi is?!

N'Zonzi is vastly superior to Matic. He's the best midfield athlete in the world imo. He's quicker, stronger and naturally fitter than Matic. Not only is his passing ability better but he's efficient at breaking the lines and has the ability to control the tempo of a game.

Oh dear! You clearly haven't watched much N'Zonzi. He stuck out like a sore thumb in the Premier League and Sevilla pounced. Easily Stoke's best player. He's a highly technical player and arguably Sevilla's best. I wouldn't be so definitive about someone I don't see play.

Cahill is a brainless defender. He's caught out of position so often and looks like a technical god because of the system.

You must seriously be misinformed to think that all of these leagues are inferior, especially La Liga. Which is why your doubts over those strikers are ridiculous. Morata is a proven big game player that's fired his team to a champions league final. More than just "okay in Europe" . Belotti is averaging 0.75 goals per game in Serie A. He offers many of the same attributes as Costa.

Hysaj isn't a kid and he's a top 5 world right back. Huge upgrade over Moses. Naby Keita is a vastly superior player to Kante. You should learn about him. Incredible player. Emerson has been as good as Alex Sandro this season. Better than Alonso will ever be. If you've seen these players, they're vastly superior to what you already have.

Mbappe is a better player than Martial at 17 years old. Thierry Henry is his peak. You don't miss out on these plyers.

BTW, my comment on last ditch tackles remains valid. It doesn't necessarily mean a higher quantity of bookings. Watch him closely. He relies on athleticism.

Well i'd rather Barca, Real or Bayern snap up N'Zonzi then thanks.

And regarding Keita i'd suggest he and Kante are totally different types of players no?

When i say inferior i mean in terms of standard of opposition, you have to be at your very best every week in the Premier League regardless of who you are otherwise you'll get beat. It's not the best quality of league but its most definitely the toughest. I am not dismissing Morata or Belotti however if Belotti is getting a mention why shouldn't Lukaku? Far less risk in terms of hitting the ground running in this country too.

I agree we could get an upgrade on Moses however how many of us at the start of the season would have believed he would be a regular for the side cruising away with the league title??? He has flaws but he isn't on his own just like with all the players you mentioned.

And remember Martial got called the "next Henry" and i have no doubt he'll go on to have a great career but Henry at his age now would do a better job.

And your actually telling me to watch a player i've been watching for over 2 years for my club already...... And athleticism is something special to have as a centre back a rare trait.

Look its simple, we're never going to agree. You basically believe this Chelsea side is a bag of **** and could do with 11 improvements (little exaggerated but not by much) despite running away with the Premier League title and done more in Europe with worse squads than we have now.

Blimey if we need vast improvements then i fear for the rest.

N'Zonzi is vastly superior to Matic. He's the best midfield athlete in the world imo. He's quicker, stronger and naturally fitter than Matic. Not only is his passing ability better but he's efficient at breaking the lines and has the ability to control the tempo of a game.

Pass completion:
Matic - 88%
N'Zonzi - 89%

Total chances created:
Matic -19
N'Zonzi - 8

Assists:
Matic - 6
N'Zonzi - 1

N'Zonzi has better defensive numbers compared to Matic but guess what....... We have Kante for that

Henry aged 20 wasnt anywhere near as good as martial is now...

He young player of the year at Monaco at 19 and top scorer for them in the CL at 20?

So better pedigree/record if not on paper at least. He was out the blocks quick career wise, just stagnated after the move. No where near is a bit much.

Last edited:
Pass completion:
Matic - 88%
N'Zonzi - 89%

Total chances created:
Matic -19
N'Zonzi - 8

Assists:
Matic - 6
N'Zonzi - 1

N'Zonzi has better defensive numbers compared to Matic but guess what....... We have Kante for that
Pass completion tells you nothing. Tom Cleverly had a 90%+ pass completion at United. Says nothing about the difficulty of passes. N'Zonzi can dictate. N'Zonzi plays in a very deep role. Assists only tells you who makes the final ball. He's in another galaxy on the ball relative to Matic. Been better in that role than Busquets.

Pass completion tells you nothing. Tom Cleverly had a 90%+ pass completion at United. Says nothing about the difficulty of passes. N'Zonzi can dictate. N'Zonzi plays in a very deep role. Assists only tells you who makes the final ball. He's in another galaxy on the ball relative to Matic. Been better in that role than Busquets.

You'll always have an answer regardless. Never mind, there is nothing i like more than a proper football debate but i'm done. Your right Sir.

I'll agree on that, but to state he or Mbappe will go on to be the next him is hilarious

He young player of the year at Monaco at 19 and top scorer for them in the CL at 20?

So better pedigree/record if not on paper at least. He was out the blocks quick career wise, just stagnated after the move. No where near is a bit much.
Despite losing his monopoly on the French market, even Wenger knows!
Arsene Wenger says Arsenal target Kylian Mbappe is similar to Thierry Henry | Football News | Sky Sports

"He is not exactly Thierry Henry but it is true that he has similar qualities and the future and talent is similar," Wenger told the Ligue 1 show

"The potential is similar, after that if he has the same level of motivation, desire and intelligence that Thierry has, and the next two to three years will tell us that, then he can be very promising.

"The guys that have super talent are already playing at 18. Those who are not playing at 18 or 19 do not have that exceptional talent and he does play over here at the top level. He is a guy who is electric like Thierry was, can dribble, can pass and is efficient.
"We follow him, we know him very well, and he is developing well. He extended his contract with Monaco last season and so it's Monaco who are going to decide his future. He could be another Thierry Henry."

Mbappe is a special player. Playing in Ligue 1 at 17 years old for Monaco. Same physique as Henry and freakishly talented. He's even better than Martial. The best wide talent on earth is Ousmane Dembele. He's become the creator, goalscorer, ball carrier and controller in the final third within Dortmund within the matter of months. Best talent since Messi.

Despite losing his monopoly on the French market, even Wenger knows!
Arsene Wenger says Arsenal target Kylian Mbappe is similar to Thierry Henry | Football News | Sky Sports

"He is not exactly Thierry Henry but it is true that he has similar qualities and the future and talent is similar," Wenger told the Ligue 1 show

"The potential is similar, after that if he has the same level of motivation, desire and intelligence that Thierry has, and the next two to three years will tell us that, then he can be very promising.

"The guys that have super talent are already playing at 18. Those who are not playing at 18 or 19 do not have that exceptional talent and he does play over here at the top level. He is a guy who is electric like Thierry was, can dribble, can pass and is efficient.
"We follow him, we know him very well, and he is developing well. He extended his contract with Monaco last season and so it's Monaco who are going to decide his future. He could be another Thierry Henry."

Mbappe is a special player. Playing in Ligue 1 at 17 years old for Monaco. Same physique as Henry and freakishly talented. He's even better than Martial. The best wide talent on earth is Ousmane Dembele. He's become the creator, goalscorer, ball carrier and controller in the final third within Dortmund within the matter of months. Best talent since Messi.

1. He's French, Wenger is always going to *** all over him
2. I never said he wasn't something special etc, just stating comparing him to one of the greatest players to play the game and this country is premature and embarrassing

Back