The Chelsea Thread

Well I wasn’t expecting that.

Two terrible dropped points against mid-table garbage.

I am back from my despair after seeing how we dropped points against United. A game we completely dominated all over the park but just could not fashion together enough chances in the final third. Probably our best chance of beating them as well given that Ragnick is coming in now.

Anyways ... we got the 3 points against Watford but this was the WORST chelsea performance I have ever seen under Tuchel. Hoping this is a one-off and not prolonged dip in form. We can very easily lose the league this month if we continue like this.

Tell yer what, if anyone needed a more glaring example of why you can’t just pluck a top talent from one team/ league, and expect them to fit straight in to another, without any system/ league thought, then Saul is that man. He’s that far behind the pace of the PL he’s still playing in last season!

No wonder he's barely played. He’s been woeful. But out him back in La Liga, with all the time in the World on the ball, and he’d doubtless look World class again.

NO top league like this anywhere for the all out intensity EVERY game.

Last edited:
Tell yer what, if anyone needed a more glaring example of why you can’t just pluck a top talent from one team/ league, and expect them to fit straight in to another, without any system/ league thought, then Saul is that man. He’s that far behind the pace of the PL he’s still playing in last season!

No wonder he's barely played. He’s been woeful. But out him back in La Liga, with all the time in the World on the ball, and he’d doubtless look World class again.

NO top league like this anywhere for the all out intensity EVERY game.
Truth be told, Saul hasn't been great for Atletico for 2 years now. There's a reason they were willing to loan him out

Truth be told, Saul hasn't been great for Atletico for 2 years now. There's a reason they were willing to loan him out

Yeah. His humongous contract that's increasing every year.

They need him off the books as he's crippling them on top of the ground.

Yeah. His humongous contract that's increasing every year.

They need him off the books as he's crippling them on top of the ground.
I don't believe finances was the sole driving factor (they loaned Griezmann on an even bigger contract) but it is part of the reason. He would've played fiddle to Koke and De Paul (and Lemar when he plays there). And as such, would've been too expensive to just have sit on the bench.

Well, FWIW, I believe we got offered him on the cheap for the very reason they desperately want out of his mad contract that increases each season and that they are stupidly tied into for the next 5-years. It's crippling them.

Thankfully, his demands were up there with his mad Madrid deal to have that going nowhereand Chelsea took the gamble with the loan to buy option.

As if the Lukaku unrest wasn't damning enough, Chelsea's annual accounts were published yesterday-

Which all amounted to an operating loss of £145 million for the financial year ending April 2021. Even more revealing was confirmation of an overall club debt of over one billion pounds to various companies owned by Abramovich. ......

Wait until FFP gets a hold of ...... Ok, I can't even type that straight-faced.

joke.com

Seeing some of Lukaku's comments, I feel so vindicated we sold him. I've always known him as to be a bit of a man child and always overestimated himself but he seems to have overinflated his ego with 1 good season in Serie A. It's no surprise he hadn't been able to replicate that same form (albeit partly due to Conte's micromanagement as well)

From a Chelsea fan standpoint, I'd be livid tho. How does one make those comments like commenting on a gaffe's system, talking about how he'd love to return to Italy in his prime (he'll be turning 29 soon so you can expect a forced transfer in 2 years at most) and seemingly indicating he settled for Chelsea (his idea of a step up was to Barca/Bayern/RM). All this within just 4 months of shelling out an almost British record for him and giving him £350k a week. With the issue of a wantaway CF compounded by other issues at the club, I feel Tuchel's days at the job are numbered as mind blowing as that sounds and it's not any fault of his own.

Seeing some of Lukaku's comments, I feel so vindicated we sold him. I've always known him as to be a bit of a man child and always overestimated himself but he seems to have overinflated his ego with 1 good season in Serie A. It's no surprise he hadn't been able to replicate that same form (albeit partly due to Conte's micromanagement as well)

From a Chelsea fan standpoint, I'd be livid tho. How does one make those comments like commenting on a gaffe's system, talking about how he'd love to return to Italy in his prime (he'll be turning 29 soon so you can expect a forced transfer in 2 years at most) and seemingly indicating he settled for Chelsea (his idea of a step up was to Barca/Bayern/RM). All this within just 4 months of shelling out an almost British record for him and giving him £350k a week. With the issue of a wantaway CF compounded by other issues at the club, I feel Tuchel's days at the job are numbered as mind blowing as that sounds and it's not any fault of his own.

Bang on. (Bar The Tommy Tucker bit. He's still a humongous fraud! 😜).

I'd be absolutely fuming at Lukaku were I a Chelsea fan or teammate. The insultingly arrogant, egotistical *****.

Yanno', the more I think about this disgrace, if he plays on Sunday, then Tuchel's days are numbered as it's the EXACT same Chelsea as it's always been under the Russian crook. Player power is KING!

He's just thrown his manager, who never even knew he was giving that sham of a celeb interview, COMPLETELY under the bus.

He needs completely dropping and disciplining like Arsenal have done with their **** of a captain.

If Chelsea are trying to build a new, younger side, Tommy Tucker can't let this P poor veteran example slide.

Put it this way, if this happens at City or L'pool, I don't care if you're Mo Salah or KDB, you aren't playing Sunday. And probably more after. And you're done and gone in the summer.

Pep or Klopp ain't wearing that ****.

Last edited:
Yanno', the more I think about this disgrace, if he plays on Sunday, then Tuchel's days are numbered as it's the EXACT same Chelsea as it's always been under the Russian crook. Player power is KING!

It's a bit of precarious situation considering their injury/COVID situation. Werner and Kai Havertz only just returned to training and are unlikely to start against you lot. Lukaku is the only choice up front unless Tuchel decides to, yanno, use that world class academy their fans talk about and pluck a CF.

Playing some random youth forward over Lukaku against you lot would send some message but at what cost?

It's a bit of precarious situation considering their injury/COVID situation. Werner and Kai Havertz only just returned to training and are unlikely to start against you lot. Lukaku is the only choice up front unless Tuchel decides to, yanno, use that world class academy their fans talk about and pluck a CF.

Playing some random youth forward over Lukaku against you lot would send some message but at what cost?

I hear that but yhe message needs to be sent.

Some things are bigger than the game. And its not like they were ever in a title race to begin with.

Makes Tuchel look proper weak if he doesn’t and say’s to the rest of the players they can do what they want without consequence. AGAIN!

And if he continues to play and the fans support him I just don’t know? 🤷🏼‍♂️

He spouted all that nonsense in the summer about Chelsea being his club and coming home.5/6 months later, he’s telling Martinez not to worry he’s coming back to Inter for him!

Despicable behaviour. I thought he’d matured after the way he dealt with yhe racism et al in Italy.

I was wrong.

Good on Tommy Tucker lol. It does weaken them a bit in a huge game but it sends the right message to the dressing room.

Edit:
I just don't know what went through his head to think having that interview was a good idea. Perhaps trying to cozy up to inter fans? I mean, he probably only made it worse by insinuating he could've stayed if he were offered a new contract. That's like saying "I'm sorry inter fans, I could've stayed if the club offered me more money".

Last edited:
Inter fans had great response with a banner that says something along they care a lot more about players who stay in the storm, rather than once who flee when its a slight rain. Not even they want Romelu. He screwed up.

Has Abrahamovich ever had an expensive striker transfer work out? Bloke is cursed.

And Liverpool fans feared Taylor would ruin the game for them. lol

And great, just as I called Chelsea done and went to grab something to eat, they score two.