The Chelsea Thread

Good win today. Definitely could not afford to drop points to Southampton. End a difficult week on a win at least.

I like that TT will shake the lineup up for not performing. Came out more attacking as well. The players that came in impressed. Did Chelsea know what a talent Chalobah was? Because he should be starting every match for 15-18 other Premier League teams. Chelsea sold us Geuhi and kept Chalobah and I think we got is a future England defender in Geuhi, so I think he must be really spectacular.

I like that TT will shake the lineup up for not performing. Came out more attacking as well. The players that came in impressed. Did Chelsea know what a talent Chalobah was? Because he should be starting every match for 15-18 other Premier League teams. Chelsea sold us Geuhi and kept Chalobah and I think we got is a future England defender in Geuhi, so I think he must be really spectacular.

Crazy to think of how good the academy talent at Chelsea is. Livramento, Guehi, Gallagher and Gilmour all starting week in and out for other EPL teams. Victims of our own success in this regard.

Glad that Hudson-Odoi and RLC got to start today. Very well-deserved imo.

One point lead heading into the international break after playing Arsenal, Tottenham, City and Liverpool in our first 7 games.

Absolutely made up with that. That said, its going to be a **** of a challenge to keep up with Pool/City over the season. Lots of work to do.

In particular, our performances against City and Juventus leave a lot to be desired. The attacking players need more time to gel for sure. Plus we need to get good at breaking out of high presses.

One point lead heading into the international break after playing Arsenal, Tottenham, City and Liverpool in our first 7 games.

Absolutely made up with that. That said, its going to be a **** of a challenge to keep up with Pool/City over the season. Lots of work to do.

Are we a point off you?

That's hilariously brilliant being as we've just had a whole conversation in the boozer about being level top at the second break!

That's made my night. 🤣🤣🤣

Settling down to watch this one with interest.

If you win here I’ll be super impressed given what Brentford have got going at home.

Ivan Toney might well be my current favourite non-Liverpool player.

Let us know what you make of Brentford. I mean we should have beaten them 5/6- 3, but you couldn’t fail to be impressed by their relentless intensity and sticking to what they believe in. And when that tight little grounds rocking ….. there won’t be many get much down there.

Last edited:
Settling down to watch this one with interest.

If you win here I’ll be super impressed given what Brentford have got going at home.

Ivan Toney might well be my current favourite non-Liverpool player.

Let us know what you make of Brentford. I mean we should have beaten them 5/6- 3, but you couldn’t fail to be impressed but they relentless intensity and sticking to what they believe in. And when that tight little grounds rocking ….. there won’t be many get much down there.

Such a tough game. Brentford absolutely dominated the second half. Only won due to Mendy’s brilliance. Very impressed with what they have going on.

Such a tough game. Brentford absolutely dominated the second half. Only won due to Mendy’s brilliance. Very impressed with what they have going on.

Really enjoyable aren’t they? The only surprise was that it took them until the last half hour to turn up the intensity. They’ve been playing with that all game prior. And that was with key injuries which are naturally hard to replace for them.

I love everything going on there. The stadium is perfect for them and is top notch from whomever the architects are. They’ve literally used every last bit of available space to shoehorn it in among all the office blocks/ railway line behind. Situated in a great part of West London with the friendliest group of supporters you’ll ever meet who are just enjoying the PL ride. Under a really exciting, progressive manager with an uptempo, intense way of playing with a never beaten attitude. Top bloke Frank. As he said after, ‘Thats football’’ iindeed. Some weeks you get the luck, some you don’t.

And how unlucky is the lad who hit the post second half? Three goals already and hes also bow hit the post 6 times!

'Hey Jude' is just the cherry on the top. 😎

ANYONE that gets anything from Brentford away this season will PROPER have to graft and earn it. Which you did so massive kudos to Chelsea. You earn any luck when you defend and work as hard as that.

Superb winner too to go along with a Worldie’keeping display.

Last edited:
Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Chelsea are planning to complete everything soon to announce Andreas Christensen’ contract extension. Verbal agreement reached weeks ago, final clauses to be fixed and then it’ll be official.
🔵
#CFC Matter of time to prepare paperworks and sign - Andreas always wanted to stay.

Easiest game we will have all season. Good boost to the GD. Onto the next one.

And hopefully Ole can turn on the magic and beat Liverpool tomorrow.

Connor Gallagher looks like a proper talent! Definitely deserves to be in the first-team squad next season based on what he has shown so far.

I hope we give Conte a rousing reception when he comes to the Bridge. Man made me fall in love with the football club again after the Mourinho circus.

Also sadly for us, I think he will do an absolutely brilliant job at Spurs and completely change the culture of that footballing club. Spurs have finally gotten themselves an elite-level football manager.

I hope we give Conte a rousing reception when he comes to the Bridge. Man made me fall in love with the football club again after the Mourinho circus.

Also sadly for us, I think he will do an absolutely brilliant job at Spurs and completely change the culture of that footballing club. Spurs have finally gotten themselves an elite-level football manager.

Agreed. They have a top 5 manager in the World.

I'll wager he's sacked by this time next year having done nothing with that squad. That whole football club is toxic under Levy.

Agreed. They have a top 5 manager in the World.

I'll wager he's sacked by this time next year having done nothing with that squad. That whole football club is toxic under Levy.

Lets hope you are right! Although from what I know of Conte, think he will transform Spurs.