The Chelsea Thread

Ramires

Reaction score
Post how you feel atm being a blues supoorter!
Post how you think we are gonna play now!
Do you think chelsea Signing torres was a good signing?
can anyone seing Drogba staying next season!
Who do you think we will sign next season
e.g stuff like that and see where the thread takes off!!!!!!!!

I feel good being a Blues fan, always have done, always prided my self on not being a glory hunter and supporting the Blues when we were *****. We have history, all be it a slightly **** one lol

I think we're looking like we were at the start of the season, what ever happened behind the scenes may have fixed it self and we have belief, even Kalou is scoring.

I think Drogba has a couple more seasons left in him, and then he'll go back to France. probably, i dont know...

I'd like to see Chelsea sign a right sided defender and maybe some one who is alot like Ballack in midfield, that man was immense at Chelsea. I loved him to bits

I personally felt at the beginning of the season we needed to buy a couple of players because we drafted our youngsters in too early, even though they are very talented. unfortunately they didnt do that so we had to pay extravagant amounts because it was so last minute.
but very excited about seeing torres and drogba line up on sunday, definitely going to see that! I put my faith in Carlo to make that work, and it looks like anelka will be playing as centre forward behind the two of them.. read today in the independent that we're looking to seal deals for Lukaku, Hazard, van der Wiel and Hamsik - if that's the case we will be certainly sorted for the next few years!
finally, looking forward to the champions league; I'm going to the home leg against Kobenhavn so that will be my first time to see torres in the flesh xD
great time to be a blue :D

1. The same as the past 13 years — love the club!
2. Good football, sometimes having to grind out results.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. Some youngsters (19 and under), also there's talks of Cavani and there's been talk of Pjanic joining for like a year now, which I hope happens and maybe some other younger players (24 and under) Saw this today -http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelseas-spending-spree-will-continue-in-summer-2202411.html not really sure about it tbh, I hope we don't sign that many big name players, maybe 2-3.

Last edited:
Torres is a quality player, when fit. But spending 50 million on him? Doesn't float my boat, sorry Chelsea fans.

I'd like to see Chelsea sign a right sided defender and maybe some one who is alot like Ballack in midfield, that man was immense at Chelsea. I loved him to bits

to be fair the majority of chelsea fans I've ever met aren't glory supporters either. I'll never forget my first game; Chelsea 2 - 3 Arsenal, Kanu scored an incredible hat-trick in the last 15 minutes, heart-breaking. I was stood in the west stand and there was no roof and I got absolutely drenched haha.

and yeah ballack was a machine, never got to the level he was at bayern though. I think if we get hamsik that would be a pretty decent replacement, but at the same time we have ramires and he's shaping up to be quite tidy.

These are exciting times for the Blues and after the easy draw on paper that we got in the Champs league im hoping we can build some momentum and go all the way as i dont think we'll be challenging for the title until next season!
Also i havent been this excited for a match for ages, dont get me wrong i love watching us play but this Torres transfer has added a little extra spice to the game, cant wait!!!

Very happy Roman has kept Carlo through the tough times, just what we need a manager whos had/going to have a good stint and not being chucked after a run of bad games. Carlo's also my favourite manager since Mourinho and Vialli!

Just thought I'd say something as an outsider. Getting Torres was a great acquisition. You have a combination of his flair, technique, and Drogbas strength. They will pretty much be a lethal combination. And its pretty much rumoured heavily, Chelsea put in a last minute bid for Heitinga aswell-but as that fell through, it'll be likely he'll be a summer target. But imo, with Torres in the squad, I can see the Blues making a strong run in the second half of the season. Will be watching with interest

to be fair the majority of chelsea fans I've ever met aren't glory supporters either. I'll never forget my first game; Chelsea 2 - 3 Arsenal, Kanu scored an incredible hat-trick in the last 15 minutes, heart-breaking. I was stood in the west stand and there was no roof and I got absolutely drenched haha.

and yeah ballack was a machine, never got to the level he was at bayern though. I think if we get hamsik that would be a pretty decent replacement, but at the same time we have ramires and he's shaping up to be quite tidy.

Yeah, but i find Chelsea fans get tarred with that brush...."you're a glory hunter"....I'm like, **** off mate, i remember watching chelsea getting trounced up in Liverpool, Patrick Berger ripped us to shreds...lol....and my first game ever was a drab 0-0 draw with Nottingham Forrest.

Yeah Hamsik would be ace, but like you said, Ramires is really starting to look good. Next season i think he'll be on fire, and hopefully Essien starts to pick up his game. He is still fantastic but hasn't seemed the same since he was injured

These are exciting times for the Blues and after the easy draw on paper that we got in the Champs league im hoping we can build some momentum and go all the way as i dont think we'll be challenging for the title until next season!
Also i havent been this excited for a match for ages, dont get me wrong i love watching us play but this Torres transfer has added a little extra spice to the game, cant wait!!!

Very happy Roman has kept Carlo through the tough times, just what we need a manager whos had/going to have a good stint and not being chucked after a run of bad games. Carlo's also my favourite manager since Mourinho and Vialli!

Gianluca Vialli :wub:

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Yeah, but i find Chelsea fans get tarred with that brush...."you're a glory hunter"....I'm like, **** off mate, i remember watching chelsea getting trounced up in Liverpool, Patrick Berger ripped us to shreds...lol....and my first game ever was a drab 0-0 draw with Nottingham Forrest.

Yeah Hamsik would be ace, but like you said, Ramires is really starting to look good. Next season i think he'll be on fire, and hopefully Essien starts to pick up his game. He is still fantastic but hasn't seemed the same since he was injured

haha I remember that, berger scored a hat-trick on his debut. was a cracking game..
but yer you live with being called a glory supporter, I don't care. I still feel like a kid when I'm walking down fulham road on a match-day :) it's the nicest stadium I've ever been to as well. just love it
I agree - I'm also starting to like Mikel. I've never likked him much since he joined, mostly because he was in the shadow of Makelele :)wub:), but he really seems to have matured recently and he works our formation fantastically.

I think were going to sort out our form and go on a little run, providing we beat Liverpool this sunday.
Yeah i think Torres is a great signing providing he stays fit and he plays like we know he can which he will need to do to live up to his price tag.
I think drogba will sign one more season, but he is getting on a bit but still has obvious class.
Im not sure who he'll sign but i think that the spending willl continue for a bit.:)

Gianluca Vialli :wub:

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

haha I remember that, berger scored a hat-trick on his debut. was a cracking game..
but yer you live with being called a glory supporter, I don't care. I still feel like a kid when I'm walking down fulham road on a match-day :) it's the nicest stadium I've ever been to as well. just love it
I agree - I'm also starting to like Mikel. I've never likked him much since he joined, mostly because he was in the shadow of Makelele :)wub:), but he really seems to have matured recently and he works our formation fantastically.

Haha, yeah, that game sucked lol. That was a long drive home. Glad i live up north now, the drive home from Anfield is alot easier to handle, especially if we lose lol

What do you think of the Earls court rumours? That we might knock it down and have a super stadium there?

You know what, i've slagged Mikel of in previous threads, and rightly so i believe, but he played very well against Sunderland. Still, i think he needs to improve a bit more yet.

Haha, yeah, that game sucked lol. That was a long drive home. Glad i live up north now, the drive home from Anfield is alot easier to handle, especially if we lose lol

What do you think of the Earls court rumours? That we might knock it down and have a super stadium there?

You know what, i've slagged Mikel of in previous threads, and rightly so i believe, but he played very well against Sunderland. Still, i think he needs to improve a bit more yet.

dunno about that, it'd be good because stamford bridge is so small... but at the same time I love it there ha. I'd love it if they call it the zola stadium like they always do on fm though ha ;)

but yeah just recently Mikel has been brilliant - against bolton as well he was superb, he doesnt break up play like makelele did, but his distribution is brilliant and he started most of those goals gainst bolton.

dunno about that, it'd be good because stamford bridge is so small... but at the same time I love it there ha. I'd love it if they call it the zola stadium like they always do on fm though ha ;)

but yeah just recently Mikel has been brilliant - against bolton as well he was superb, he doesnt break up play like makelele did, but his distribution is brilliant and he started most of those goals gainst bolton.

Ha, the Zola Stadium. It could be called something like Stadium of Excellence, with the Vialli Stand, The Zola Stand, Matthew Harding Stand II and The New Shed end....with The Gullit Bar, The Osgood Hotel and We could name the toilets after Avram Grant

Been a Chelsea supporter since 1995 and much known on here because of my views. I am passionate Chelsea fan and my life evolves around The Blues and my unborn child if its a girl her middle name will be Chelsea.

Signing Torres was a huge step for the club on the field and off the field. With people saying Roman dosnt love the club anymore and wont spend any money on the club he shut everyone up (even Chelsea fans) by his latest purchases. 18months ago Torres was being touted as arguably the best striker in the world and i have no dout he will return to that monster of a player he used to be.

Carlo has a good choice of formations here because he could still stick with a 4-3-3 and play one of Torres and Drogba or he as we did against Sunderland can play a 4-4-2 diamond with both upfront. If Nando and Drogba click then the results could be devastating and i am absolutely buzzing about this possabilities.

Drogba will see out his contract which i beleive has this season and next left on it. Anelka i beleive has a good chance of leaving in the summer and reports that he may join Henry at New York Red Bulls.

Next season i can see us signing one of either Lukaku or Neymar and maybe a keeper someone like Asmir Begovic.

So, Chelsea Fans, what made you support Chelsea?

To be honest, my father kind of had the final say on who i supported, lol, i had no choice. I remember him getting a bit upset when i came home from school once saying i supported Sheffield Wednesday. Needless to say, i'm glad i followed his advice....lol

My dad was a Chelsea follower i would say. He was never a real hardcore supporter but once i got into football in 1995 that all changed. So glad i chose this club the transformation has been immense. I now have a child on of my own on the way and if its a boy he will be bullied into supporting chelsea lol.

What do you think about David Luiz?

That guy is awesome...very nice guy, and also a great defender, a lot of speed, power.

Just give him a little time, and you will have one of the BEST defenders in the world, the next Central-back of Brazil.

Cheers ^^ (Benfica fan)

My dad was a Chelsea follower i would say. He was never a real hardcore supporter but once i got into football in 1995 that all changed. So glad i chose this club the transformation has been immense. I now have a child on of my own on the way and if its a boy he will be bullied into supporting chelsea lol.

Congratulations on the child buddy. I've just had a son, born a month ago, and he is already a Chelsea fan

I havnt seen much of him to be fair but what i have seen and heard is that he has huge potential. Just the kind of centre back we have been looking for.

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Congratulations on the child buddy. I've just had a son, born a month ago, and he is already a Chelsea fan

Ah good to hear we are expanding the Chelsea population haha.