pala

Reaction score
I won't deny it, I had difficult times trying to play this year's FM. I was a little lost with the new tactic overhaul and I failed implement successful tactics in my early saves. I played for a bit with different tactics and analyzed them into further improving my tactical sense for this year's FM. I decided to eventually come up with a very classic, yet extremely effective tactic. It futures some amazing attacking movement, tons of goals, with a balanced defense.

Added player's results at the end post.

Update #2 An updated version of the first version, with a few defensive positioning and markin changes. Improves goals conceded drastically!

View attachment 456447

Update 1#: Ok everyone, this is the latest version. It offers slight different Full Backs and midfield, but produce far, far better results, attacking wise and defensive wise. Everything else is the same! I think those screens are enough. :p View attachment 456641View attachment 456640View attachment 456639

*Notes: Players, strikers notably, should have high Teamwork. If the striker doesn't, then either get a DLF suitable, or change his role to CF(only if he doesn't score enough).

View attachment 414762

This is the tactic:

Explanation: This is a team based tactic! There are really no individuals here. The entire team is moving and contributing together to all phases of play as a unit. The midfield is a Dutch Style creation, with a Passer-Creator-Destroyer midfield. We have a Deep Lying Forward who stretch the opponents defense, drops deep and links with the both the inside forward and the CWB's are pushing up high and provide insane link up between the flanks, middle and the striker in a wide play that stretch's the opponents and takes advantage on spaces in the entire field and overlapping Wing backs.. I'm not exaggerating when I'm saving my Wing Backs are my most important players. They contribute to both attack and defense. I would highly recommend positioning them in the WB position (remove GFF if so).

In defense, The BBM pressures the opponents together with the BWM. If the opponent tries to counter attack us - both midfielders drop extremely fast and provide defense bonus. Due to the fast drop of the team when the ball is lost, once the opponent are in our area, the entire team drops as a unit and puts pressure on the opponent. The original tactic had two BBM's, however my center was a little unbalanced due to having three midfielders up high, even though they drop ridiculously fast and provide excellent defense balance. A BWM is set on defense to allow a more secure midfield.

In the Attack, The entire team pushes forward. that means, 8! players are attacking the opponent! If you think the BBM and the BWM aren't contributing in the attack you're pretty much wrong. Most of my midfield has between 5-10 goals and around 5 assists, just the two jobs.

Important information: This tactic relays heavily on team effort and dribbling. That means dribbling, Work Rate, Team Work, Stamina, Determination can be crucial.
Players advices: The best wingbacks you can get, an all rounder Box-Box midfielders for the two edge positions, and a creative one for the AP. WB's and IF's are adviced to get with decent stamina, dribbling, team work, work rate.
Also, I can't express how important team talks and moral are. I would never get those results without proper team talks.
No OI.
Training should be set to either Team Cohesion/Fitness and Tactics, and on the rest of the season general Attacking, and Teamwork match preparation.

View attachment 459031View attachment 459030View attachment 459029View attachment 459028View attachment 459027View attachment 459023View attachment 459022View attachment 459021View attachment 459020View attachment 459019View attachment 459018View attachment 459017View attachment 459016View attachment 459015View attachment 459013

About my season: I don't have a super duper star team, well at least not yet. Had Totti and Ljajic injured long term at the start of the season, so I had to implement a 460 system for a few games as Destro got injured as well. It proved successful so I will try to create one later!
I was very close to been unbeatable (imo!) but it proved to be too hard for me to do that. Was extremely ****** at the unlucky City CL lose, I kind of lost interest in the rest of the season, miserable finish. Won the league after 35 games. Next season I'm going to master a 460 with a similar system.

View attachment 459014

People's Success so far:

Just tryed your tactic with my Leverkusen side against Dortmund.

Now..I don't know if the tactic is that great, or something happened with Dortmund or with my team, but the final score in fantastic.

The only problem is the goals conceded, but I will say that I've conceded because my players where waiting for the end.

So, here you go:
View attachment 410717

hiCohnR.png

Until now.

I've ended the season, now I'm in pre-season and going with your tactic. It will become fluid. I will post new updates when the season starts.

Here you go, the first half of the season. As I said, the tactic looks good. I just need to do something with my striker :)

View attachment 412427

I've had mixed results (mostly bad) with a lot of tactics on this game but this one seems to be working for me. I switched to this a couple of months in to my third season with Blackpool (having gotten them promoted in the first and finishing 11th in the second). I think I was about 17th when I switched. I got a couple of players in the January window who fit the roles and now we're doing really well.

9th in the league (3 points off fifth place) and I just beat (an admittedly weakened) Manchester United in the League Cup to gain a Europa League spot:

View attachment 412796

So thanks!

One more screen:

View attachment 412830

This is the story of my game so far. I get utterly smashed by teams I should be beating and then beat United 4-1 or Chelsea 5-0. Madness.

I think I'm starting to turn this franchise around. It's the start of a new season and I've just played in a Europa League qualifying game. Even if you ignore the scoreline (EIGHT-NIL), the shot-count is spectacular. This is your tactic at 100% fluidity.

View attachment 413024

Some screens:

View attachment 413326View attachment 413327View attachment 413329

Note: I started using the tactic after the game i lost with Chelsea (1st game with this tactic is the one with Motherwell)

I will give more screens at the end of the season.

View attachment 413422

Against weaker and more aggressive teams who try to tackle hard and get the ball back i change the tempo of the game to higher and play with much higher defensive line.

UPD: View attachment 413424View attachment 413426

Things have really turned around for my Blackpool. I posted a screenshot of last season's fixtures earlier (look for the losses) but this time we're absolutely cruising. The increase in performance is likely due to getting a little bit of extra quality in, having the tactic fluid and having my players gel a little more (they'd be willing to die for each other).

Here are the fixtures this season (I'm second in the league), the goal-report and my midfielders' stats.

Advanced playmaker

View attachment 414190

Box to box midfielder

View attachment 414191

Ball-winning midfielder

View attachment 414194

View attachment 414196View attachment 414199

Last edited:
It's a decent tactic folks! Give it a try and post your results, it interests me a lot!

Now..I don't know if the tactic is that great, or something happened with Dortmund or with my team, but the final score in fantastic.

The only problem is the goals conceded, but I will say that I've conceded because my players where waiting for the end.

So, here you go:
View attachment 458382

So, here you go:
View attachment 410717
Sexy stuff. I can almost literally call this tactic goals galore. Im trying it in a newcastle atm and my scores are around 4 goals, 5 and even 7 goals.

Advertising the defence, reviewing other tactics i actually have far better GD than other results. I think overall its down to the match engine and its flaws in the defence.

hiCohnR.png

Until now.

I've ended the season, now I'm in pre-season and going with your tactic. It will become fluid. I will post new updates when the season starts.

Great tactic. In the three firsts games i won against Stoke, Derby and Fulham. All three games was away.
My only problem is that i have problem to get my Striker to score. I play with Southampton and get Lambert, Osvaldo and Long.
I tried to change from DLP to OF. Lets see if that helps!
Great work!

Great tactic. In the three firsts games i won against Stoke, Derby and Fulham. All three games was away.
My only problem is that i have problem to get my Striker to score. I play with Southampton and get Lambert, Osvaldo and Long.
I tried to change from DLP to OF. Lets see if that helps!
Great work!
i wouldnt touch the dlf! The dlf is actually the highest scoring player. It can be due to the teams dropping too deep and avoiding space and counter attacks for the striker. This is adressed with a team llay that creates spaces for others and eventually score.

View attachment 458227View attachment 458226 Mental results! Cisse with 7 goals from 8, wow. We're the only team to beat Liverpool and City so far! Weird fact: I only conceded from set pieces (beside southampton)

Small teams/teams who really struggle with conceding can try a 4-5-1 tweak I made. I don't know yet if it is really a big difference between the 4-3-3, but it produces great results (4-3-3 also performs lovely)

Those two City & Liverpool games were with the 4-5-1 tactic:
View attachment 458225View attachment 458224

View attachment 458223

Match strategies: Ok, this is a unique small advice. Honestly? I don't know yet if it fully works, but I really only receive decent results regardless. But I win, so there is nothing to lose.
When you notice early in the game you are been dominated ( In the first 30 minutes vs Liverpool, they had 9 shots and I had one, that's domination)I changed the strategy to Attack. Yes attack! The idea is instead of letting the opponent run you in your half, you push them and fight back. The entire 8 players will push forward and will stretch their areas, deadly. When you notice you are completely dominating and aren't scoring no matter what, either keep control strategy or switch to counter. That will invite the team to stop their bunker and send players forward. You can guess what will happen. ;)

Another advice, if you want to purchase any players, get the best WB's you can get.

Last edited:
can i have more info about the training pre and during season, and if you are using any specific OI / PPM?
I love the 4-3-3 but it never really worked in FM13 so i'm going to try yours in FM14.

Last edited:
can i have more info about the training pre and during season, and if you are using any specific OI / PPM?
I love the 4-3-3 but it never really worked in FM13 so i'm going to try yours in FM14.
I love having my team in full fitness for the start of the season, so I use fitness training and Tactics only match preparation. When the season starts/tactic is half fluid/fluid I change to attacking general training and teamwork match preparation. For me, teamwork match preparation is the important bit. The general training can be up to you what works best. It can be that defending will work better, or ball control.

I love having my team in full fitness for the start of the season, so I use fitness training and Tactics only match preparation. When the season starts/tactic is half fluid/fluid I change to attacking general training and teamwork match preparation. For me, teamwork match preparation is the important bit. The general training can be up to you what works best. It can be that defending will work better, or ball control.

Thanks

Good tactic.Tried it with Milan only for few games but those games were very tough and my team did very well.You really get that "team work" feeling using it.But what about moving AP further forward for a pure 4-2-3-1? Have you tried it? Atleast for more easy games maybe.

Good tactic.Tried it with Milan only for few games but those games were very tough and my team did very well.You really get that "team work" feeling using it.But what about moving AP further forward for a pure 4-2-3-1? Have you tried it? Atleast for more easy games maybe.
Well, there are reasons i left gim in the middle three. Mostly to still drop and deep and support the defense and allow build up from the back. Moving him forward will make him less involved and have less defensive responsibility. But you can experiment, just like you can try a 4-5-1 if you struggle in a tough game! I usually also never had problems with goals to really think about that. :p

Do you change any team instructions during matches or just team mentality?

The tactic is going well, but my striker isn't scoring.

Mitrovic - 12 games, 4 goals.
Facundo Ferreyra - 13 games, 8 goals, but 3 of them were with a 4 league team, in the cup.

Mitrovic - 12 games, 4 goals.
Facundo Ferreyra - 13 games, 8 goals, but 3 of them were with a 4 league team, in the cup.
I actually just bought mitrovic for my roma save. Destro had a ridiculous 28 goals in 38 apps, and he isn't that good. Cisse had 7 from 8. How about your results?
I will test mitrovic and see wether it is a case of settings or lack of abilities for the DLF position. He is a big TM type player though. Maybe change him to that but I will have to see how it effects the play.

Try playing Ferreyra constantly, he seems to fit the bill.

Last edited:
As I said, the results are good, the only problem is with the strikers. I'm winning, but I don't have a topscorer in the league :))

As I said, the results are good, the only problem is with the strikers. I'm winning, but I don't have a topscorer in the league :))
How many assits does he have? (if at all :p)