Things have really turned around for my Blackpool. I posted a screenshot of last season's fixtures earlier (look for the losses) but this time we're absolutely cruising. The increase in performance is likely due to getting a little bit of extra quality in, having the tactic fluid and having my players gel a little more (they'd be willing to die for each other).

Here are the fixtures this season (I'm second in the league), the goal-report and my midfielders' stats.

Advanced playmaker

View attachment 456868

Box to box midfielder

View attachment 456867

Ball-winning midfielder

View attachment 456866

View attachment 456865View attachment 456864

Thanks mate. A tweak im trying to make is changing the two edged midfielders to BWN on support. The reason is because your goal report always show a huge goal conceded from the box to box midfielder's area. But so far they seem a vital part to the attack.

something weird, in EVERY report the right side always has a higher goals conceded ><

Last edited:
Hey Pala, nice tactic, im struggling bug time atm so i will try this. I was wondering if perhaps instead of match preparation solely focused on Teamwork, if it would be better to focus on defensive positioning since you leak a **** load of goals on this game with any tactic.
Hey, teamwork match preparation might probably be far better than defensive positioning as it improves the teams overall teamwork. In this tactic all the players attack, and they all defend. A better training will be to try putting general training on defending. Good luck!

Hi Pala,
What do u do in matches when your'e down and really want to push for a goal?

Hi Pala,
What do u do in matches when your'e down and really want to push for a goal?
Hey mate I'm trying to analyse patterns to be unbeatable. The tactic certainly has the potential, but like any tactic, there are teams/systems you will struggle a little. I will try to update soon.

Just my suggestion Pala but.. keep giving also First version download, for me your version 1 works a lot better than version 2 and im sure it can happen to some other players too.

Feels like v2 is a bit more leaky from the flanks, few times opposing wingers got goals from cutting inside and sometimes strikers get chances when moving into the gap between my CD and WB.

Feels like v2 is a bit more leaky from the flanks, few times opposing wingers got goals from cutting inside and sometimes strikers get chances when moving into the gap between my CD and WB.
The new version should actually fix that. :p the WB have more defensive responsibilities.

but if your first versions is a golden version for you, there are a few changes I insist you do to do:
- Remove both of your fb's Get further forward - makes them too high up the field and vulnerable to counter
- Remove the closed down instruction on your left Box to Box midfielder ( and any tight markin on midfielders) - forces them out of position and lose their marker
- Experiment between MC and a BWM on the right midfield. A BWM doesnt offer much protection.
- Change the both the CD's to CD on Defend duty, keep Offside trap.
- Experiment with tight marking on the two CD's

I'll make the changes and release a new version. I concede far, far less now.

Last edited:
Ok, to your suggestions, An updated version of the first version with some changes. I didn't concede in 3 matchs, and I have 1 goal conceded in 4 matchs.

Thanks for putting in a lot of effort to make this tactic better.Will keep you updated how it goes.

Thanks for putting in a lot of effort to make this tactic better.Will keep you updated how it goes.
I should be thanking you for downloading my tactic. :p I am a very unknown tactician trying to raise my name. You trusting me and receiving great results makes me very happy so far. ;)
I will continue updating the tactic as I find ways to improve it by basis.

Perhaps you can try to change the BWM to a CM Defend

Perhaps you can try to change the BWM to a CM Defend
Yup the latest version has that.
Everyone, I found that having the two CD's on stopper duty improved significantly my defending abilities over crosses. I went on a 4 zero conceding streak!

Yup the latest version has that.
Everyone, I found that having the two CD's on stopper duty improved significantly my defending abilities over crosses. I went on a 4 zero conceding streak!
I switched to your new version part-way through my previous season and it served me very well (although the first version was doing well up until that point too):

View attachment 455968View attachment 455967

The Sunderland game (highlighted) is the game wherein I began using V2 and I used it in every game since. I finished third in the league and unfortunately got knocked out of the Europa League away to Monaco in the semi-final.

This season I've decided to give Veez's 5-2-3 a try and I think there's something in there which your tactic might benefit from: the full/wing-backs in your tactics bomb forwards during attacking phases which can leave the defence vulnerable to counter-attacks. The wide central defenders in Veez's 5-2-3 however nullify this threat allowing the wing-backs to stay forward and supply the three attackers with drilled crosses. Something to think about maybe.

Either way, thanks for working on this tactic; it brought me much joy.

I switched to your new version part-way through my previous season and it served me very well (although the first version was doing well up until that point too):

View attachment 416233View attachment 416235

The Sunderland game (highlighted) is the game wherein I began using V2 and I used it in every game since. I finished third in the league and unfortunately got knocked out of the Europa League away to Monaco in the semi-final.

This season I've decided to give Veez's 5-2-3 a try and I think there's something in there which your tactic might benefit from: the full/wing-backs in your tactics bomb forwards during attacking phases which can leave the defence vulnerable to counter-attacks. The wide central defenders in Veez's 5-2-3 however nullify this threat allowing the wing-backs to stay forward and supply the three attackers with drilled crosses. Something to think about maybe.

Either way, thanks for working on this tactic; it brought me much joy.
Hey mate! I'm glad my tactic gave you joy.
About Veez's, yup! I tried tweaking my midfield, either two BBM, or two bwm's, but I just still couldn't stop crosses drive to my center. Changing my CD's tp stopper made it much, much better.

Thanks for using my tac mate, trying a refreshing new style is always the best thing, else things tend to become boring. :p

Am trying to work on my dream deep 4-2-1-2-1 (or 4-2-3-1 asymetric) which I have tried to get it working for two versions on. It will take me ages but I won't give up, I adore that system too much.