The Complete Regen (Newgen) thread

Raikan007

Reaction score
Any questions you have regarding regens should be posted in here!

You will never have the same regen on any of your saves nor will anyone else have the same regens as you! They are completely Random and completely unique per game!

What is a regen you ask?

A randomly generated player that the game throws out to compensate for retirements etc...so that you dont end up with no players in the game in the end

Threads like the Deal or no Deal thread and what roles/duties suit my player should be used if you are requiring these answers for your Regens, this is for everything else:

Questions:

When do Regens appear in Fm?

Is it just my game or do regens start with much lower CA now and improve a lot quicker. Anyone else noticed this

View attachment 199389

this is a cool little regen i have just found. trying to sign him for qpr now, but not sure i will get a permit

looks very good like all african regens. however he probably wont get a work permit, so what i used to do was right in my notes on fm, his name and save the note for a reminder a year later. he will probably get brought by a austrian or one of them low level league team for like 200k or something. you can easily snap him up as he will chose to join your team, by then his Wp will have gone..

I've just picked up 18 top notch regens with a PA of at least 170 and my seasons not even started yet. That's ******* mad

I NEED TO KNOW WHEN THE DATES ARE !!! THEY'VE ALL CHANGED !!!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

NEW FEATURE , YOUTH COME AROUND 3 MONTHS EARLIER FOR A TRIAL PERIOD !!!
NEW DATES :

03.03(Mar) - Mexico
08.03(Mar) - Australia, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, N. Ireland, Russia, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Wales
13.03(Mar) - Austria, England
17.03(Mar) - Slovakia
18.03(Mar) - Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Indonesia, Italy, Poland, Portugal
19.03(Mar) - Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia
25.03(Mar) - Holland
28.03(Mar) - Serbia, Spain
02.04(Apr) - Argentina, India, South Africa
19.04(Apr) - Hong Kong, Uruguay
19.08(Aug) - Sweden
02.09(Sep) - Malaysia
14.09(Sep) - South Korea
19.09(Sep) - Chile
20.09(Sep) - Brazil, Ireland
23.09(Sep) - Iceland
25.09(Sep) - Finland
28.09(Sep) - Colombia, Singapore
08.10(Oct) - China, Norway
16.10(Oct) - Peru
02.11(Nov) – Belarus

Just the Africans missing from that list. I've just noticed a few turn up around the 10th Oct

Lol, i noticed that, i was just about to edit my post, i think they come 2nd of october !!!
maybe you're right, around the 10th maybe.

Yeh noticed the youth intake was quite alot earlier this fm, was quite suprised ^^

In previous FM games, you were able to edit clubs so that they would be more likely to create regens. I usually play the English league, and I would often play for twenty seasons or so. I used to get sick of the game creating most English regens though.

Through the editor, I edited a couple of clubs giving them better youth systems they would create regens. So I'd often be able to buy a regen from Fiji or Guyana or Turkmenistan for example.

I've tried to do the same in FM2012 but it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

I started a new game, and let it play for three years, and not one of the clubs or countries that I gave better youth facilites to got new players.

It's different from FM2010 (I didn't buy 2011). For example, I previously gave San Marrinese team Tre Fiori better facilites using the editor. They would have one or two regen(s) in their team every season. None in FM2012.

I found this young feller , who is doubted the next "günter netzer"
How should i train him ? Any pro who would give me some advice :)

Please can someone tell me how to find great wonderkids? I am juventus and i have one of the best scouts, i sent my scouts on scouting assignments on 2 days after the new regen dates in italy and he came back with squat all, help!

The thing is that I havent just imporved training, youth facilities but also youth recrutment network and junior coaching to max (20 level as I had to use FMRTE to check that is was realy maxed). After all that money wasted I still dont get any good youth players for 4 seasons now the best are around 130 PA or 135, I did get some 150 PA players some time ago though( 5 years). Is the game made so that you can only get that much good players per decade or something? Or is the problem that I am playing as manager of NK Olimpija Ljubljana (Slovenian first league) or maybe my rep. whitch is only 5500.

Thanks