The Complete Regen (Newgen) thread

Hi Guys,

My first post on these forums.

Ive got question regarding regens, wondered if someone had the answer.

I'm in 2018/2019. It seems that I haven't had any new regens for the past couple of seasons. Specially not from the South American countries.

I've checked on the specific dates, been into the Brazilian club's first teams, reserve teams, and youth teams - nothing? Not one single new player.

I do, however, get the regens for my team - I'm QPR, so have to put up with Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham getting the best local talent, despite winning the league three years on the trot.

Have the talent pools simply dried up for a few seasons? Today's world class players are still out there - Ronaldo 33, Messi 31 - Do I simply keep checking each season to see who's out there, or has something messed up??

Cheers in advance.

Hi Guys,

My first post on these forums.

Ive got question regarding regens, wondered if someone had the answer.

I'm in 2018/2019. It seems that I haven't had any new regens for the past couple of seasons. Specially not from the South American countries.

I've checked on the specific dates, been into the Brazilian club's first teams, reserve teams, and youth teams - nothing? Not one single new player.

I do, however, get the regens for my team - I'm QPR, so have to put up with Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham getting the best local talent, despite winning the league three years on the trot.

Have the talent pools simply dried up for a few seasons? Today's world class players are still out there - Ronaldo 33, Messi 31 - Do I simply keep checking each season to see who's out there, or has something messed up??

Cheers in advance.

There does seem to be a saturation point. I am playing as Santos and whilst there are constantly new regens each year, the level of them has dropped to being very poor for the whole continent.
The world class South Americans seem to have stopped for the time being, however it is only 2017 and alot of 'real' players are still in the game and Europe still seems to churning them out. So I'm developing what I have and biding my time till new ones (worth buying) do come along as European regens are out of reach for me.

There should be new regens each year, especially in your club and home league system. If there arent then Yes something is wrong.

No matter how many times you win the league, unless you have top level junior coaching, junior facilities and youth Academy you wont develop your own regens to the level of the other big clubs in England.
Here is another problem for South American Regens, not many of them have high level junior production, especially the Brazilian clubs (odd isnt it since they have produced more good players in history than any other country?)

There does seem to be a saturation point. I am playing as Santos and whilst there are constantly new regens each year, the level of them has dropped to being very poor for the whole continent.
The world class South Americans seem to have stopped for the time being, however it is only 2017 and alot of 'real' players are still in the game and Europe still seems to churning them out. So I'm developing what I have and biding my time till new ones (worth buying) do come along as European regens are out of reach for me.

There should be new regens each year, especially in your club and home league system. If there arent then Yes something is wrong.

No matter how many times you win the league, unless you have top level junior coaching, junior facilities and youth Academy you wont develop your own regens to the level of the other big clubs in England.
Here is another problem for South American Regens, not many of them have high level junior production, especially the Brazilian clubs (odd isnt it since they have produced more good players in history than any other country?)

Okay, so it's not just me. Least I can stop getting wound up with the game!

I don't have an independent Youth Academy as such, and have never seen an option to ask for one to be built?The board are to improve our Youth facilities at the end of this season, I'm gutted that I asked a week too late for them to build it over the summer just gone.

View attachment 277746

It's not that I need new players either, i've had to loan out 10 players - Somehow haggled 70mill in Loan fees? - as I had too many. I'm too greedy me.

Cheers for the quick response though.

Okay, so it's not just me. Least I can stop getting wound up with the game!

I don't have an independent Youth Academy as such, and have never seen an option to ask for one to be built?The board are to improve our Youth facilities at the end of this season, I'm gutted that I asked a week too late for them to build it over the summer just gone.
Using genie scout I can tell you that QPR do have youth academy (doesnt show up on facilities page, guess it counts as part of youth training facilities). It is rated at 7 out of 20 (Barcelona is a 20, ManU is 17)

On previous FMs and other accounts I always sign these 15 year old Brazilians who play a lot of first team football for top Brazilian sides. On my Montpellier account I found another one who is signing when he turns 18. Here he is:
View attachment 278113View attachment 278114View attachment 278115
In previous games I usually introduce the youngster into first team football straight away but I was wondering whether this was the right call? Should I loan him out, put him the reserves or just play him?

Add details: I'm in 2014/15 I play 2 cm's and my current cm are Khedira, Marveux, Jenssen, Cristeg, Velosa as well as a promising player I created on loan at Blackburn who I plan to use next season.

Any ideas on this guy? His reports say he could become a leading Premiership goalkeeper, but with a work rate of 1 I can't be certain. He's available for about £775k, and I've got a few years left in my current keepers to give him time to develop.

View attachment 300138