The Connection (2422) - Home & Away 13.3.3 by Jesaustralia

jesaustralia

Premium
Reaction score
THE CONNECTION 2422
DOWNLOAD IT HERE
Home & Away 13.3.3 by Jesaustralia

View attachment 349800 View attachment 347890 View attachment 347889 View attachment 347888

How To Scout Regents - Below

[video=youtube;jWmOwrvC2kU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWmOwrvC2kU[/video]

Ossis Mandos Experience

Using The Connection 2422 Above (No Tweaks)
682033d1409764042-connection-2422-home-away-13-3-3-jesaustralia-liga-bbva_-overview-stages.png

682036d1409764090-connection-2422-home-away-13-3-3-jesaustralia-liga-bbva_-overview-stages-3.png

I like the way the wingbacks link up very well with the CM and also the way they find the right pass to the AMC.. Could be my players at WB but would love them to cross more.. However saying that they do more times than not make the correct pass when in an attacking areas. I do feel that you need the better type of players for the striker roles.... The DM as anchor work well for me as they do break up play very well and again make the right pass at the right time more times than not.... Not really got anything negative to say.. other than this may well be best for a great/good team as opposed to say a mid table predicted team.

Just to add played Barca away in my last match before logging in here and we won 1-0 and Barca gave me no threats in attack the whole match. Was only sad was 1-0 win but Barca are a very good team. Also think in league I am unbeaten in 81 matches.. Which is incredible!

Ossis Testing Jesaustralia Tweak

683612d1410102840-connection-2422-home-away-13-3-3-jesaustralia-liga-bbva_-overview-stages-2.png

683615d1410102885-connection-2422-home-away-13-3-3-jesaustralia-jack-foley_-news-inbox.png

Here is my 3rd season. Before I post up a screenshot.. I will say that after the tweak it looks good defensively(have it on 1 notch mixed) and does create a lot of clear cut and half chances.. Thing for me was the chances were not taken as well as the previous seasons… However, 1st season in cups I lost 3 matches and 2nd season lost 3 cup matches.. None mattering, as they were, away legs or CL group games. This season I lost only 1 game.. Liverpool away 2-0 in CL 1st round.. Wasn’t able to turn it around 2nd leg (won 2-1, so went out 3-2 agg) So for me is consistent in that I lost fewer games and yet scored fewer goals. Won all other comps, baring CL though. So was still a good season.

The Connection 1st Tweak - Here

Testing - The Connection 2422 (Tweak2) Below

685839d1410647708-connection-2422-home-away-13-3-3-jesaustralia-liga-bbva_-overview-stages.png

684146d1410211974-connection-2422-home-away-13-3-3-jesaustralia-english-premier-division_-overview-stages.png

Well as stated in my previous post I went with the tweak notch of 19 for CD. Also went with rest of tweak for other players. I knew I needed players in the Arsenal save, so bought a WBL, CD, ST and CM. Then to my surprise, got Will Hughes on loan all in January. Cup games we did terrible in and lost in C1 Cup 4-1 away and FA Cup 1-0 away, lost in EPL to Man City away 5-0. Also got beat 5-4 on agg in Euro Cup. Was not convinced with the tweak, looked in ME to be problematic defensively with a lot of so called mistakes! However in the league I lost only 1 game out of 21! So end of season this was what happened. Was surprised, as I felt Arsenal was a bad squad, but players bought worked well, but Hughes was vital to all the change in fortunes.

The Connection 2nd Tweak - Here

I'm not going to go into many details, as I did in my other thread Gooaallss 262
This tactic is related to that, but yet its also very far away from it, luckily I think this tactic is even better and have the potential to score around the 200 goals in the league a season.

If you need to see player examples go to the post below
Player Examples - Click Here

I call this the connection because their is alot of linking between the positions. Ball playing defenders link with the wingbacks and the 2 anchormen. The anchormen links with the CMR and the wingbacks. The CMR links with the AMCL and the SCR and it all creates an incredible flow in the way of the passing game.

The SCR allmost acts like a strong Trequartista he goes deep to receive the ball and drag opponent central defender out of position and often it creates space for the poacher to run into and the SCR the creative forward can play a through ball which leads to a goal. The AMCL both dribble through the middle and both sides to either get a shot at goal himself or make an assist with a through ball. The 2 anchormen surprised me alot by being great defensive cover and pass interact alot with the 2 defenders but also AMCL and MCR they are great at recycling possession. THE MCR I like to because he is linking everything and have a bunch of passing options in front of him and behind him and on the sides mostly the right side. I like the MCR to be a more complete midfielder type but the can look very much like the AMCL in terms of skills a box to box midfielder strong creative fast teamwork and workrate is skills I charish in this position.

The most wonderful thing that I discovered with this tactic is it perform fantastic away from home and are the same reason that I give the cliche claim that this has the potential to score 200 goals in a league a season.
Honestly try it for yourself. The better players the better it will perform ofcause.

Extremely Important!
Preeseason how I do it
Team cohesion - Very high - match preparation 50 % - Tactics

Training matches first 4 away vs simular or better opponent(don't care about winning)
Next 4 away against lesser opponent

14 days before the first match change to the following
Team cohesion - Very high - Match preparation 50 % - Teamwork
Keep this training for the next 2 months if in spain around october.
Then change to the following
Team cohesion - High - Match preparation 50 % - Teamwork
Keep this untill your team gel is at "Die for each other" not before then you can change to
Attacking movement
I would now train like this:
Team cohesion or balanced - high - Match preparation 30% - Attacking Movement

I buy alot of players normally every season and because I do that my team gel suffers for example this season I started at team gel level at "Good understanding" and doing the above 2 months later I'm at extemely strong understanding. Team gel level is of extreme importance in FM13 it determines how well your team will play with any tactic you utilize. If you don't know how to see your team gel level its easy!
Go to your team screen - click report - last match - team talk feedback

Levels are like this:
1. Die for each other (Best team blend - Your goal)
2. Extremely strong understanding (perform well here - its getting more entertaining)
3. Strong understanding (consistant - can lose games here)
4. Good understanding (Minimum blend acceptable)
5. Blending well together (Teamwork for a season and don't buy players)
6. Not blending yet (its not looking good - teamwork for a season)

Here is some results I will share with you:

VS. Xerez newly promoted side (My team=good team gel only)

View attachment 349789

Vs. Valencia away (My team=good team gel only)

View attachment 349787

Vs. Zenith Champions league very good team(My team=Extemely Strong understanding)

View attachment 349786

Vs. Granada away (My Team=Extremely strong understanding)

View attachment 349785

Player stats: DCL - SCR - MCR

View attachment 349784 View attachment 349783 View attachment 349782

If you decide to test this tactic or use this tactic will you please give us all some feedback on how you go with it. For example use ALT+F9 to take screenshots and then post them on here for everyone to see.
This is all for me if you are in doubt about player types I will refer you to my other thread where you can see what types of players I use

My other thread with player information that I use click here

Have a lovely day everyone!

Last edited:
It works fine it saids download (1.22 kb) - sometimes you have to fill in a capture in order to be allowed to download it

So is anyone trying this? if yes hows it going? I just took a screenshot that I added to the top of this thread its my league table after 19 matches 18 won 1 draw, the draw (0-0) is away vs Real Madrid who this season is playing very well and have an amazing defence. My team gel level is still at extremely strong understanding so I'm still training teamwork till I reach Die for each other. Its my hope by doing this sort of training that my next season will be Amazing and maybe personal record setting in amount of goals scored.

I usually buy 15-20 players from free transfers every year to acumulate money from sales and loan outs, but the season to come I am only getting 1-2 free transfers because it upsets team gel level to much. I'm having a clean out in my squad selling and loaning many players that can never make it happen at this level. I'm more interested in selling players who turns 28 for a 40m pounds + fee, but not defenders as I think defenders last longer and experience is good in defence.

I still buy the occassional talent I'm not sure if this upset the team gel level as I demote them to the youth squad or loan them out. I really would like to hear how you are going with this tactic if you are using it.

Cheers

Well a little update on my save using this tactic its 23rd of february and I haven't achieved the team gel level
"Die for each other" I'm still at extremely strong understanding.

So taken that into consideration I think its a huge success look at my League table below

View attachment 348329

This league table is also in the OP - its my personal record so I'm happy with. I never reached "Die for each other" team gel level so I think its an incredible success I also won the Champions League and the spanish cup (Copa del rey). I'm going to sell about 4 players so I don't know how much that will hurt the team gel level for the next season, but we'll see. I'm looking forward to a season where the players will die for each other because that's where you can see the optimum of this tactic. Anyway it would be nice to see someone trying this, I'm very happy with it.

League table below:

View attachment 347877

Cheers

This may sound weird but why dont you use some smaller teams or mid table teams ?

This may sound weird but why dont you use some smaller teams or mid table teams ?

I don't think using a smaller team is defining my tactic, infact I have never stated that this is for smaller teams and in the end I think we all have a goal to get the best team possible, i took the shortcut. When I started my save I haven't played FM since 2006 version, so I wanted to play with all the new amazing superstars like Messi Iniesta and Xavi+ Barcelona is for me one of the only clubs worth my attention and I have been following them since the 90's with Johan Cruyff as the manager and Romario - M. Laudrup - Koeman - Guardiola etc etc. this is for me the best team that has ever played.

Every man his own experience I did play with lesser teams for a while but it took me 2 weeks to complete 1 season and i estimated that its to long. I'm happy with it being FC Barcelona

Just wondering if anyone is playing with this?

2nd season and still going strong - Check it out
View attachment 346237 View attachment 346236

I sold 4 star players before the season start and are using younger talent on the same positions - so I think this tactic is showing its true colors/potential, I really wish if you guys out their would give some feedback. This is going to be the last tactic that I share for FM13 and hope you guys enjoys it.

Cheers

I'm experimenting with match training= Team Cohesion - high - 50% - Defensive Positioning
I think this is the way to go after you have reached extremely strong understanding (look in the OP) I'm seeing amazing results with it and to be honest it creates more chances than Attacking Movement which makes no sense to me. If anyone can explain why that is please do, because it annoys the **** out of me that Defensive positioning is portraited as something you use against strong opponents and Attacking movement against easy to beat opponents, something is not right if you ask me. I'm 94 matches unbeaten and 3 draws only all together in La liga - Anyway Defensive positioning it is

cheers

Hi, once your team reaches ready to die for, does in make sense continuing with team cohesion?

Hi, once your team reaches ready to die for, does in make sense continuing with team cohesion?

Well that is a good question, in my experience the players still train well and develope well the way they should so thinking about progress I don't feel players are missing out, but I don't use team cohesion because I wanna reach die for each other I use it to maintain the morale level off the players because I'm 100% certain that it affects how well your team plays+ I don't just want happy 1st eleven I want players who do not play to maintain their happiness as well and I believe team cohesion helps with this.

I have tried balance and I don't like when the morale is decreasing for any reason. I think a lethal formula is this:

Extremely strong understanding or Die for each other + High morale (team cohesion) + The right players or if you want the best players for the required positions you can get your hands on + A great tactic

I also just wanna say for me match training teamwork 1-2 months 14 days before 1st match of the season is important to reach atleast Extremely strong understanding as a minimum, the reason why I mention this again is it really affects match outcomes and I wouldn't do it differently.

I feel a little conflicted with Attacking movement and Defensive positioning, if your goal is to control matches I think defensive positioning is the way to go, but if your goal is to go all in and risk a stupid defeat for high scoring games then attacking movement is the way to go. However you can still score plenty with defensive positioning.

My season is over soon and I will post some screenshot in the OP

Champ I hope this helps - did the Gooaall262 with fullback's fail?

Well that is a good question, in my experience the players still train well and develope well the way they should so thinking about progress I don't feel players are missing out, but I don't use team cohesion because I wanna reach die for each other I use it to maintain the morale level off the players because I'm 100% certain that it affects how well your team plays+ I don't just want happy 1st eleven I want players who do not play to maintain their happiness as well and I believe team cohesion helps with this.

I have tried balance and I don't like when the morale is decreasing for any reason. I think a lethal formula is this:

Extremely strong understanding or Die for each other + High morale (team cohesion) + The right players or if you want the best players for the required positions you can get your hands on + A great tactic

I also just wanna say for me match training teamwork 1-2 months 14 days before 1st match of the season is important to reach atleast Extremely strong understanding as a minimum, the reason why I mention this again is it really affects match outcomes and I wouldn't do it differently.

I feel a little conflicted with Attacking movement and Defensive positioning, if your goal is to control matches I think defensive positioning is the way to go, but if your goal is to go all in and risk a stupid defeat for high scoring games then attacking movement is the way to go. However you can still score plenty with defensive positioning.

My season is over soon and I will post some screenshot in the OP

Champ I hope this helps - did the Gooaall262 with fullback's fail?

played about half a season...movement is good but at the moment i'd say that the arrigo sacchi 442 provided me with better results (i am comparing it to that b/c ive essentially used the same team, only stronger/more developed). i'll post details in a couple of days. by better results i mean the ive been beaten a couple of times, been scoreless etc. which didnt happen with AS 442 with the same team.

a couple of observations: DM anchor role...role needs to change or tweak or he should altogether be a center back. I say this b/c ive noticed that when in possession he isn't that far ahead of the CBs, which should be fine from a covering point of view but b/c the center halfs are too narrow i.e. they don't move far away from one another, it creates a problem since a lot of space is left by the vacant fullbacks. most of the goals that ive conceded have been down the wings. the center halfs need to split more.

I really like your striker setup. it seems more effective than AF and CF.

Fullbacks have mixed games. in some games i would have them with 3 or 4 assists, in other they go missing. if they come a bit more infield to cross they might become more effective.

at this moment i'd say its a tactic that coulb be very effective if properly tweaked. i would also say my results are more to do with the team that i have then the tactic itself. as i said, ill post my complete season results in a couple of days. then ill try ur connection tactic.

Last edited:
played about half a season...movement is good but at the moment i'd say that the arrigo sacchi 442 provided me with better results (i am comparing it to that b/c ive essentially used the same team, only stronger/more developed). i'll post details in a couple of days. by better results i mean the ive been beaten a couple of times, been scoreless etc. which didnt happen with AS 442 with the same team.

a couple of observations: DM anchor role...role needs to change or tweak or he should altogether be a center back. I say this b/c ive noticed that when in possession he isn't that far ahead of the CBs, which should be fine from a covering point of view but b/c the center halfs are too narrow i.e. they don't move far away from one another, it creates a problem since a lot of space is left by the vacant fullbacks. most of the goals that ive conceded have been down the wings. the center halfs need to split more.

I really like your striker setup. it seems more effective than AF and CF.

Fullbacks have mixed games. in some games i would have them with 3 or 4 assists, in other they go missing. if they come a bit more infield to cross they might become more effective.

at this moment i'd say its a tactic that coulb be very effective if properly tweaked. i would also say my results are more to do with the team that i have then the tactic itself. as i said, ill post my complete season results in a couple of days. then ill try ur connection tactic.

Very cool champ, I haven't tried the fullback version myself so I wouldn't know how it performs, but I'm looking forward to see your results with it. Arrigo sacchi tactic is amazing have tried it and enjoyed it fully and I had lot of success with it when I used smaller teams, I imagine its even better with 5 star players.

When you said you like my striker setup I got an initial thought, Arrigo sacchi with that setup :)

(Talking about Gooaall262 - Fullback version)
If you really have an amazing team and not getting the feeling you can win every match something is wrong somewhere whether it be tactic training or players I can't tell but it could very well be the tactic which hasn't been worked on alot and without any visual experience through the match engine.

About The Connection
Champ I don't recommend Defensive positioning unless you play against a really good team like Real Madrid away. If the goal is to score many goals and get many high scoring games out of it then - Team Cohesion - high - 50% Attacking Movement combined with Die for each other.

I'm looking forward to hear about this one from you or anyone for that matter because I'm getting amazing results with it and can't wait to hear others experience.

Cheers

Very cool champ, I haven't tried the fullback version myself so I wouldn't know how it performs, but I'm looking forward to see your results with it. Arrigo sacchi tactic is amazing have tried it and enjoyed it fully and I had lot of success with it when I used smaller teams, I imagine its even better with 5 star players.

When you said you like my striker setup I got an initial thought, Arrigo sacchi with that setup :)

(Talking about Gooaall262 - Fullback version)
If you really have an amazing team and not getting the feeling you can win every match something is wrong somewhere whether it be tactic training or players I can't tell but it could very well be the tactic which hasn't been worked on alot and without any visual experience through the match engine.

About The Connection
Champ I don't recommend Defensive positioning unless you play against a really good team like Real Madrid away. If the goal is to score many goals and get many high scoring games out of it then - Team Cohesion - high - 50% Attacking Movement combined with Die for each other.

I'm looking forward to hear about this one from you or anyone for that matter because I'm getting amazing results with it and can't wait to hear others experience.

Cheers

i honestly don't know...with a great team that setup (Poacher + DLF) might work but not for smaller teams...I say this b/c in general poachers aren't usually involved in build up play etc. whereas for Arrigo Sacchi teamwork + work rate are really important attributes...somehow I think poacher role goes against that. Worth a try though...

Btw, in ur connections tactic...although I haven't played it yet I assume that your anchormen usually stay just in front of the defense?

Btw, in ur connections tactic...although I haven't played it yet I assume that your anchormen usually stay just in front of the defense?

they are extra cover in the defence and i think they link well with both defence and more offensive midfield and they are often in a situation where they recycle possession and play simple passes to men in front and sometimes to the defence.

they are extra cover in the defence and i think they link well with both defence and more offensive midfield and they are often in a situation where they recycle possession and play simple passes to men in front and sometimes to the defence.
i see...b/c from what I have seen of your anchormen they are mostly just in front of the center backs and rarely venture forward...have you though of putting them as DM on support duty? Maybe move back the CM to DM too and have a 2-5-1-2, but with the DMs having much more freedom?

i see...b/c from what I have seen of your anchormen they are mostly just in front of the center backs and rarely venture forward...have you though of putting them as DM on support duty? Maybe move back the CM to DM too and have a 2-5-1-2, but with the DMs having much more freedom?

Well what I wanted to achieve was to play with real anchormen that doesn't have offensive duties, where the most offensive duty would be to recycle possession - they are not suppose to venture forward. Also I feel its important for the MCR and the AMCL because they will need the space and I believe it will be more dynamic when they have a bigger pitch to do what they are suppose to be good at offensive stuff like dribbling. Don't get me wrong I understand your idea and it can maybe be a good idea, but CMR and AMCL are very simular in type of player and are meant to attack the box or play a dangerous through ball to the poacher or the creative forward, I by the way also like how the creative forward interacts with MCR AMCL and the poacher and he will get lots of assists in the process but he will score plenty himself if he is good enough.