The Cottagers persuit for greatness

Goooner

Reaction score
This is my first FM 2010 story hope all you guys/girls enjoy it :)

fulham-home-shirt.jpg

Fulham announce Dos Santos as new gaffer:

After Roy Hodgsons long awaited retirement Fulham have announced former Portugal international Paulo Dos Santos as their new manager and believe that he is the man to elaborate on the great success Roy Hodgson has brought them. After racking up just over 20 years of playing experience he is said to be extremely excited about putting them into practice as a manager.

Fulham Manager secures key targets and staff:

New Fulham manager was said to be itching to get wheeling and dealing after he was given a mere £500k by the Fulham board.

He is said to be be delighted to secure his the first signning of his managerial career, Fabio Celestini £230K from Getafe. Ebi Smolarek, Jorge Andrade, Michael Ball and Sol Campbell on free transfers. His supposed last signing of the transfer window was hot prospect Jonjo Shelvey £750k from Charlton. Dos Santos delighted the board and fans and he managed to pull the cat out of the bag once again, David Beckham! Signing the English ledgend on a free transfer, he will join in January. The total cost of the transfers were £975k. He had this to say about the signings "Im delighted to be able to secure these signings so cheaply. All of them except Jonjo(A future star) will give us a lot of varied experience. I brought in Celestini to gice use some much needed steel in midfield and experience from different leagues, Smolarek was brought in to add extra flair upfront, Andrade was brought in for his European experiance and to add an extra dimension to our defence next to Brede, Ball was brought in to give competition to Konchesky at left back, Sol, well basically to warm our bench as he is getting on and Jonjo as he is a great prospect and in my eyes a long term replacement for Danny Murphy. Last but not least David ******* Beckham. Im delighted to be able to capture a player of his stature and im am sure that he will do this club proud."

Fulham Let players go:

Fulham have decided to sell a total of six players, these were: Toni Kallio £1m West Brom, David Stockdale £100k Reading, Diomansy Kamara loan fee £375k with a £3.2m option to buy, Fredrik Stook £3m Sunderland, Aaron Hughes £2.5m Hull and Erik Nevland £1.3m Coventry. Coming up to a total of £8.25m.

Dos Santos had this to say about the departures "Ill have to make this short and sweet. Letting these players go was in the best interests of the players and the club, i wish them all good at their new clubs."

Key Players

NcastlePA2608_468x275.jpg
Mark Schwarzer

article-0-03B36F49000005DC-201_468x308.jpg

Brede Hangeland

Danny-Murphy-001.jpg
Danny Murphy​

clint_dempsey_1383042c.jpg

Clint Dempsey

Pre Season:

Friendlys:

A Swindon 3 Fulham 2
A Charlton 0 Fulham 2
H Fulham 4 Nuremburg 1
A Burton 1 Fulham 2
A MK Dons 0 Fulham 2

Europa League:

A Fredrikstad 1 Fulham 2

Ill be updating and adding screenies later on, if you want anything extra just ask ;)

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
I was thinking of making a Fulham story a while back. Good luck :) Wouldn't of sold Hughes for less than £5m though, and Kamara is good too.

Thanks Max, I didnt need hughes and he was wanted so i sold him. Kamara looked abit stupid a player :p but my assistant said he was 2 and a half stars but he wasnt gonna be a first choice so i decided to cash in on him

Hmm Allow people being these massive teams like Fulham bit unfair on rest of prem due to their amazingness, shame SI Games don't share my views

Fulhams seasons about to get underway:

Fulhams manager is happy as his squad is ready and rearing to go as the new season gets underway. After convincing pre season results his team will start their season off at home against newly promoted Burnley.

August Update:

H Fulham 2 Burnley 0 EPL

A Valerenga 0 Fulham 0 Europa League 4th Qual. Rnd Leg 1

H Fulham 0 Chelsea 4 EPL

H Fulham 3 Valerenga 0 Europa League 4th Qual. Rnd Leg 2

A Portsmouth 1 Fulham 4 EPL

"Apart from the raping against Chelsea im delighted with the results. I would have to say that Ebi Smolarek has been a revelation of a signing, scoring five goals so hes my player of the month."

September Update:

H Fulham 3 Hull 0 EPL

A Zurich 0 Fulham 1 Europa League Group L

A Everton 1 Fulham 0 EPL

A Preston 2 Fulham 3 e Carling Cup Third Round

H Fulham 2 Man City 3 EPL

"Well its been a mixed month, three wins and two losses. Im delighted with the backups against Hull and theyre really taking a push for first team football. I was really happy with the Zurich result hoping to come away with a draw at most but we came away with a well fought win but we shouldve scored more."

October Update:

H Fulham 1 Braga 1 Europa League Group L

Last edited:
Thanks Jack and theyre impossible to beat. I controlled possesion but only made like two chances in that match :'(

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Updates tommorow lads

Good luck with your Fulham career.

Kamara is a good player, scored some great goals for me.

I'm currently in my 4th season with Fulham and i still have Stoor, he always gets solid ratings so ive never decided to sell him...

Well its been abit of a struggle went like 7 matches with out a win and got hammered by a few teams. Im in January now so ill update in a minute, just loading the game up now

October Update continued:

A Birmingham 1 Fulham 2 EPL

H Fulham 1 Bolton 1 EPL

A Villarreal 0 Fulham 0 Europa League Grp L

A Sheffield 1 Fulham Carling Cup 4th Rnd

A Blackburn 0 Fulham 0 EPL

"Not a particularly great month for us. Hopefully well be able to grab a few more wins next month."

November Update:

H Fulham 2 Villarreal 0 Europa League Grp L

A Wolves 3 Fulham 0 EPL

H Fulham 1 Tottenham 4 EPL

A Sunderland 1 Fulham 1 EPL

H Fulham 0 West Ham 0 EPL

H Fulham 0 Manchester United 2 Carling Cup Qtr Final

"Our form seems to have lost us of late, with that embarrasing loss against Tottenham and a goalless draw at home. WE NEED TO IMPROVE! Although weve had a few discouraging results that win against Villarreal showcased our potential, its something that we can build on for the future"

December Update:

H Fulham 4 Zurich 0 Europa League Grp L

A Stoke 1 Fulham 1 EPL

A Wigan 2 Fulham 1 EPL

A Manchester United 5 Fulham 1 EPL

A Braga 2 Fulham 1 Europa League Grp L

H Fulham 2 Aston Villa 2 EPL

H Fulham 1 Liverpool 4 EPL

A Arsenal 2 Fulham 0 EPL

A Burnley 2 Fulham 1 EPL

H Fulham 1 Wigan 0 EPL

"It seems to be our little fashion of giving away late goals, i hope they change their style! Atleast we got back to winning ways with that win against Wigan after going on an eight game win-less streak. I think the FA are bonkers to give us 10 games in a single ****** month! Nevermind that we had four away games in a row and the last three had two day spaces between them! FA need to buck up their ******* ideas:mad:! On a calmer note i think Hangeland has been superb over the last few months for us after a few back to back man of the match performances he deserves to be our new captain. Danny Murphy better put some vaseline on that bald head of his and buck up his ideas!"

January Update:

Fulham complete two blockbuster signings:

"Im happy to announce that we have completed the signings of David Beckham(free from LA Galaxy) and Christian Poulsen(£4.2m from Juventus). To be able to attract players of their stature just shows the vision and the direction that the club is going."

A Brentford 1 Fulham 1 FA Cup 3rd Rnd

A Chelsea 0 Fulham 0 EPL

H Fulham 2 Brentford 1 FA Cup 3rd Rnd Repeat

H Fulham 1 Portsmouth 1 EPL

"Their still two games to go in this month but results are starting to pick up and our season should soon be back on track. That away draw against Chelsea was the great result which showed that things are going in the right direction however that draw against Brentford was hopeless and we should really be winning these type of games and the replay was just as bad with a late goal saving their *****!"

Last edited:
Thanks scott looks like ill need it to get atleast a europa place next season

as a fulham fan ill be following and good to come back off the bad run mate you can push on now

Thanks lads and things should do im sure Beckham and Poulsen will make a great difference