The Empire Championship - Applications and Updates *W.I.P*

mkempdillon

Reaction score
The Empire Championship - (TEC)

View attachment 389931

Hi Guys! As it's drawing towards the end of the season people, including myself, begin getting a little bit bored of FM. As such I'm going to make a new League, with new teams to offer us all a new challenge!

This will be The Empire Championship (ECC), a multi-national cross continent championship containing new teams from the countries that were past nations of the British Empire, or current member states of the British Commonwealth!I will try and make this a countries Championship so teams can qualify for the Champions League but I'm not sure yet. This is where you come in, I need ideas for these new teams so I can make them. I've only got ideas for about 7 teams really so your help would be great.

CHANGE: The League shall now be separated into two 16 club divisions, the Western and Eastern Empire Divisions. Each side shall play each other twice, after this the top four teams from each league shall be entered into a play offs, which shall be over two legs. The final shall be held at Wembley. This is of course all under the presumption I shall be able to sort this all out in the editor as planned.

View attachment 389930

The Countries in Red are those which were once members of the Empire. Now for the sake of the challenge we shall say the modern day U.S.A were part of the Empire as well instead of just the east coast. I'll also accept ideas from Commonwealth countries, as I look for a varied teams.

Countries that were in the Empire included the likes of Canada, South Africa, U.S.A, Australia, New Zealand and India. These are the main countries but there are plenty of smaller ones that would offer great teams as well.

Here are full lists of the countries to get your ideas going!

Territorial evolution of the British Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Member states of the Commonwealth of Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm happy to make new Stadiums for some of the teams if they are needed, and I will edit the fans and team personality according to the City they are from. For example I'm thinking that the teams from India will have initial poor youth facilities but a really loyal and passionate fan base who will stick by the club and sell out their stadium. This means long run if their infrastructure can be updated they will see some amazing youngsters coming through.

I'd really like the team ideas along the line of franchises, these can call upon existing teams in other sports. For example the London Royals, Inverness Highlanders (Could even make a William Wallace stadium), New Delhi Jewels, Washington Minutemen etc.

Teams will be initially full of regens with three Icon players,
these will be players who will be the initial stars of the team. I'll let you choose these but I won't be putting the likes of Zlatan, Messi or Ronaldo in anybody's team, so maybe you could go with players from the country your team will be from. The teams and prize money will also mean soon the clubs will be rich enough, and with a good enough reputation to attract players.

Team Name:
City:
Stadium: New or Exisitng
Colours:
Manager (Pref of nationality of City):
Icon Players (Max 3):

If anyone fancies making some graphics for the League and teams that would also be good.

Last edited:
Western Division (FULL)Eastern Division (FULL)
London Royals (SD)
Indian Warriors
Inverness HighlandersMelbourne Demons
Dublin CeltsHong Kong FC (SD)
Kingston SmugglersSydney Outlaws (SD)
Atlanta Kings (SD)Karachi Steel
Boston MinutemenNewcastle City FC
Quebec LiberteBrisbane United
Antiguan TouristsBloemfontein Roses
Greenock PortersCape Town Cobras
Nova Scotia EaglesNairobi All-Stars
Peterborough PanthersKuwaiti Oilers (SD)
Cardiff ValeBaghdad FC
Sacramento Prospectors (SD)Fijian Islanders
Northern RaidersWellington Pilgrims
New York NailersQatar Quakers (SD)
Tortola TitansSingapore Tigers

(SD - Sugar Daddy Owner)

Last edited:

Team Name: Indian Warriors
City: Kolkata
Stadium: New or Exisitng - Salt Lake Stadium (if it exists in-game - Salt Lake Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Colours: Blue and White
Manager (Pref of nationality of City): Harry Redknapp
Icon Players (Max 3): Shinji Kagawa, Raul, Maya Yoshida

I'm picking foreign players/Redknapp because it'd be detrimental to my chances if we I were to pick any Indian players!

I assume you'll be removing things like work permits and foreign player rules.

Good luck filling 120,000 seats...

Cheers buddy! Shall make the team now. 120k stadium could see you become one of the richest clubs in the world. On that note very good choices with the players. I'd have selected foreign but think with the London Royals I'd select all Brits to fit the theme. And yes, no work permits etc. Put division in Gibraltar and removed their league so although initial coefficient will be low their will be chances of Europe.

Team Name: Atlanta kings
City: Atlanta
Stadium: New or Exisitng Georgia dome capacity 75000
Colours: black red and gold
Manager (Pref of nationality of City): Bruce Arena
Icon Players (Max 3): Clint Dempsey, jozy altidore, Tim howard

Cheers mate, shall put together now. Your ticket prices will be more than the Indian Warriors due to location in USA, however I'm going to give a few teams a sugar daddy chairmen and I like the idea of the Kings having that.

Team Name: The Antiguan tourists
City: St Johns
Stadium: St Johns resort
Colours: Blue and yellow
Not sure about manager or icons...

Last edited:
Do any English players have Antiguan heritage? With the Kingston Smuggler's I've put Jamaican background players there, if there's not enough quality to do the same with the tourists I could put two Caribbean players there plus a star player (imagine Adriano would love it there...)

Do any English players have Antiguan heritage? With the Kingston Smuggler's I've put Jamaican background players there, if there's not enough quality to do the same with the tourists I could put two Caribbean players there plus a star player (imagine Adriano would love it there...)

Not Antiguan, but Rio Ferdinand has St.Lucian ancestry and Ashley Cole's father is from Barbados, I think.

Not Antiguan, but Rio Ferdinand has St.Lucian ancestry and Ashley Cole's father is from Barbados, I think.

They would be great for the club, even if only for two seasons so I'll probably add them and then give them Kenwyne Jones aswell. Maybe Dwight Yorke for manager? (I know the later two are from T&T)

I was thinking about Dwight Yorke but wasn't sure as he is from T&T but I think just go for it.

Team Name: Greenock Porters
City: Greenock
Stadium: New (James Watt Stadium? He came from Greenock and he invented the steam engine) like 30-40,000 is fine.
Colours: Black, White, Red, Orange
Manager (Pref of nationality of City): David Moyes
Icon Players (Max 3): Icon players is debatable but: James McCarthy (born in Scotland), Robert Snodgrass, Jordan Rhodes.

Team name = Edinburgh Eagles
City = Edinburgh , Scotland
Stadium = New = Jet2Arena 125,000 seater
Colours= Gold , Black , Red
Manager = Gordon Strachan
Icon Players John Souttar,Ryan Gould and grant hanley

Last edited:
Team name = Brisbane Heat
City = Brisbane ,Australia
Stadium = Existing = Suncorp Stadium
Colours= Orange, Black, White
Manager = Mark Viduka
Icon Players= Tim Cahill, Lucas Neil

Team Name: Peterborough Panthers
City: Peterborough
Stadium: (New) Panthers Palace (30K)
Colours: Blue and White
Manager (Pref of nationality of City): Tim Sherwood
Icon Players (Max 3): Jack Butland, Chris Wood, Britt Assombalonga

Team Name: Newcastle City FC

City: Newcastle

Stadium: Newcastle Stadium(New)

Colours: Red, Blue and Gold

Manager: Graham Arnold

Icon Players: Robbie Kruse, Mile Jedinak and Tom Rogic

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Team name = Edinburgh Eagles
City = Edinburgh , Scotland
Stadium = New = Jet2Arena 125,000 seater
Colours= Gold , Black , Red
Manager = Gordon Strachan
Icon Players John Souttar,Ryan Gould and grant hanley

Been putting this all together. As you can see on 2nd page there were already 3 teams from Scotland, so keeping your ideas, I've put this team as the Nova Scotia Eagles. Keeping the Scots theme but by adding them as a second Canadian club. Stadium shall be 70,000 but same name. I've also boosted the rating of the city it is based in (called Halifax) to be much more attractive to players.

Nova Scotia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UPDATE: Further to this, and due to lack of African sides, I've decided to change from three divisions, to two. Extending the teams I can accept from the UK/USA etc and giving the African sides to the Southern Division. These will now be known as the Western and Eastern Empire Conferences.