The Europa Vision

• Thread starter Thread starter ZeCarlos
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 9K
Really good story, keep it going. Writing skills are top-notch.

An update may be up tonight, although I'm not sure lads - I'm very ill right now, so don't be too expectant. Sorry :-(

Monday, 3rd October 2011 -- Continued

"F*cking possible broken ribs? Who does he think he is?" I was angry - very angry,

"Brandon... calm down. Getting wound up over him isn't worth it," replied Aaron,

"Yes - it is f*cking worth it. He's my god **** assistant - and he's abused him. Physically abused him. Who does he think he is?" My half-rant was interrupted when the Doctor entered the room.

"Gentlemen... take a seat," he looked serious, "Your friend, ur... Daniel. He's sustained pretty... serious injuries," he looked up at me,

"How serious?" Replied Aaron,

"Two broken ribs and a broken nose," I buried my head into my hands,

View attachment 224093
***​

Sorry about the absolutely terrible update people! My creative thinking was out of the window after my illness! I'm working on at least another update tonight - the next match so hopefully I can get going again. Cheers!

Saturday, 8th October 2011

The last few days had been hard. Having no assistant manager was a constant downfall to my preparations.

I'd be without Danny for quite a while - if not permanently. I had to make adjustments, even if they were just temporary. They had to be made soon.

Several injuries had depleted our squad today too - I only managed to name four subs on the bench because of that - but... I was confident. The lads seemed up for it. We were in this together - me, Danny, the players, Aaron, the fans - everybody.

C.E Europa: Rafa Leva, Alex, Alberto, Ruben Salvador, Diego Suarez, Javi Lara, Pedro Benitez, Peque, Alberto Suarez, David Buyo, Miguel Montes.

Substitutes: Alberto Gallengo, Aitor Torres, Alex Cano, Cebri.

U.E Olot 1-4 C.E Europa
(Venue: Estadi Municipal, Attendance: 229)

The players sensed they needed to perform today. Something was different - whether it was for Danny or not, I was extremely impressed at how professional we were.

We took the lead early on - Montes stole the ball away from their left-back and ran clear through on goal. The keeper looked confident - until our star player chipped it over him. Goal! 1-0

Several minutes later, we doubled our lead. Montes was a constant threat to the opposition defence and he drew in a foul on the edge of the box. Buyo stepped up and coolly bent it around the wall and into the top corner. Goal! 2-0

Just two minutes later, we stuck yet another in. Montes made a promising run into the opposition box before laying Buyo off. Yet again, he hit another absolute stunner and we were cruising. Goal! 3-0

Soon after, our opposition pulled one back. They earned themselves a corner, and Molas rose above our defenders to head home. Goal! 3-1

With seconds to go before half-time, Buyo played an excellent ball through for Montes who rounded the keeper before tapping the ball home. Goal! 4-1

At half-time, I told the lads to keep it going. Something had really inspired us - probably Danny. We all loved that man - in a straight way - he was a top quality lad. He helped us all, kept us going and kept our heads held high. He'd be a big miss. I was particularly impressed with Buyo and Montes so far.

In honesty, the second half was a total let down. I was very disappointed at how the lads seemed to think they had won it already and stopped attacking. We kept the opposition out for the rest of the match and held out for three points.

Back in the changing rooms, I didn't really know what to say. The first half performance was excellent - the second half was below poor. Montes and Buyo both had great games - even in the second half when everybody else had given up. Buyo may have just forced him into the first-team on a regular basis.

View attachment 224109

Loving this story mate! Every update is well written and interesting.

Also inspired me to start a new FM season with a lower league side and build my way up with them. Thank you :D

Loving this story mate! Every update is well written and interesting.

Also inspired me to start a new FM season with a lower league side and build my way up with them. Thank you :D

Thanks for the feedback - it's much appreciated.

In Spain? Or just a lower league side elsewhere? The lower Spanish leagues are really competitive and tough; I've had some good results so far but it's very challenging indeed. Lower league sides are also more believable; jumping straight in at a EPL side or La Liga side never really feels right - although sometimes it can be enjoyable!

I hope you do well with whoever you decide on! :)

Saturday, 15th October 2011

Once again, we were struggling with injuries. We had several key players out - and I was forced to name two goalkeepers on the bench.

It was a cold day - probably the coldest since I'd been here. It was very windy too - the conditions were going to be a massive downfall on the game.

Huh - it was forecast to be warm and sunny, too. Just rub it in our faces even more than the day was miserable.

C.E Europa: Rafa Leva, Alex, Alberto, Ruben Salvador, Alex Cano, Javi Lara, Pedro Benitez, Peque, Alberto Suarez, David Buyo, Miguel Montes.

Substitutes: Alvaro, Alberto Gallengo, Aitor Torres, Diego Suarez, Cebri.

C.E Europa 3-1 Terrassa S.A.D
(Venue: Nou Sardenya, Attendance: 1,998)

Just as we had all expected, the conditions had a huge affect on the game - for both sides.

Within seconds of kick-off, Terrassa had taken the lead. A long throw in wasn't dealt with by our defence and after a game of pingpong in the box, (Juan) Carlos managed to knock it home. Goal! 0-1

We responded well - I was becoming increasingly impressed by how well the players seemed to take conceding a goal in their stride. They had done it several times of late - they just continue on as if nothing has happened. It's admirable.

Just minutes after falling behind, we were level. Benitez knocked the ball into space and Montes ran onto it. He slotted the ball through the keepers legs. Goal! 1-1

Several minutes later, Buyo won a free-kick to the left of goal. Perfect striking position for a right-footed player. Delmas would normally be our expert here, but he was missing through injury. Montes stepped up and fired us into the lead. Goal! 2-1

After our second goal, the game calmed down. Both teams seemed comfortable on the ball - both teams seemed to have already accepted the result.

Half-time came around, and I told the lads to up our game. The opposition looked tired and it was our time to pounce and put this game beyond doubt.

When both teams returned to the pitch and the match was restarted - I was thoroughly disappointed. The lads hadn't listened to anything I'd said at half time and went back to being relaxed. We were lucky we weren't playing a better team on the day, as if we had of been, we would have been outclassed.

With just minutes to go, we doubled our advantage. A corner was knocked in by Buyo and Salvador rose above the opposition defenders. Goal! 3-1

The full-time whistle blew and I had nothing to say to the lads. They had won today, but on another occasion, we could have well and truly been stuffed.

View attachment 224241

Thanks for the feedback - it's much appreciated.

In Spain? Or just a lower league side elsewhere? The lower Spanish leagues are really competitive and tough; I've had some good results so far but it's very challenging indeed. Lower league sides are also more believable; jumping straight in at a EPL side or La Liga side never really feels right - although sometimes it can be enjoyable!

I hope you do well with whoever you decide on! :)

I decided to go Gramenet XD

Got a few young spanish loaness from Barca and Real and have notched up 4 wins and 1 draw so far. C.E Europa are doing okay, 3 wins and 2 losses.

I decided to go Gramenet XD

Got a few young spanish loaness from Barca and Real and have notched up 4 wins and 1 draw so far. C.E Europa are doing okay, 3 wins and 2 losses.

I'm not on my game atm so I'm not 100%, but I think Gramenet come to some sort of relevance in mine later - except for the games against them of course. I've finished the season but I think they do quite well - although I won't give too much away :)

Monday, 24th December 2012

I arrived at Berlin Central Station with plenty of time to spare - my taxi had got across town quick. After landing at Berlin Tegel Airport only an hour ago - I'd had a brief glimpse of the famous city. It was beautiful - the glow of the large city accompanied by the hustle and bustle of its excited inhabitants - and tourists.

Christmas Eve - a truly magical time.

Last year I had spent it with my beloved Alejandra. The year before was spent with my family back in the north-east of England. This year?

This year was to be spent travelling across a largely unknown country filled with millions of native people I could hardly interact with unless they had previous knowledge of the English language.

My train was due to be leaving Berlin Central Station at around 19:30 but upon arrival, I was told it was cancelled indefinitely due to the horrendous weather conditions which had engulfed much of Europe. I was stuck here until further notice. I must count myself lucky though - millions of others would be spending these deadly winter nights out in the cold. At least I was held up in one of the busiest train stations throughout Europe.

I drank countless cups of coffee - I was lucky enough to find a Starbucks confined within the train station - until I was eventually informed my train would be leaving around 23:45. Great. I was asked to head to the ticket office with my now-useless ticket and get an exchange. I finished my coffee and was about to head for the ticket office. Before I stood up, I checked for my ticket - gone. Sh*t.

I patted my pockets for a couple of seconds before a passing Englishman interrupted,

"Excuse me, Sir. English?" He had a friendly smile upon his face,

"Uh," my worried mind caused me to stutter, "Yeah... yeah. I think I've lost my ticket,"

"Oh, oh. Have you checked all of your pockets? Maybe its fallen on the floor?" He seemed in a rush,

"Yeah, I've checked everywhere," I replied,

"Oh, well I'm sorry I can't help at all - my train is leaving in ten," he pointed to a distant platform,

"Ah, no bother Sir. Thanks for your help." I shook his hand and he headed off.

F*ck. I stood up from my seat and checked my pockets once more. Nothing. I put my coffee down and emptied my pockets on the table I'd occupied for some time now. Still nothing. I looked up and seen a young women approaching. She looked early 20's... maybe even the same age as me. She was wearing casual clothes - a simple top which must have been freezing in this harsh weather, jeans and heals. I recognized her face from somewhere - although I wasn't quite sure where.

"Uh, hello..." She struggled for words, "Are you... okay, Sir?" I could immediately tell she was German,

"Yes... yes. I lost my ticket," she looked up at me,

"Can I help in anyway? Help you... ticket office?" She smiled - probably half smug at her attempt at English. Although, it was genuine and I was thankful,

"I... I have no, no money," I replied,

"I pay... I pay. It's no bother," she picked up my bag,

"Are you sure? I... I can't repay you. I have nothing," she turned around to face me,

"It's fine... now come on." I followed her through the train station to the ticket office.

After another hour or so, I was finally on-board my train. The young German woman travelled with me... we were headed for the same destination. I had no way to repay her other than give her my coat as she looked cold. After only minutes of being in the train carriage, she had fallen asleep on my shoulder - she had obviously had a long day.

I looked out of the window at the harsh winter conditions and looked back at the young woman.

"Some way to spend Christmas" I thought to myself.

Saturday, 22nd October 2011

After several days of hard work in training, I thought the boys were ready. I was confident of all three points against a struggling Pobla de Mafumet side.

We were at home, again - and the weather was once again horrible. Downpours, wind and very, very cold - all things you would expect from my hometown, not Barcelona.

We had worked on just about everything possible within one week in training. Shooting, passing, defending, tackling - everything. This had to be ours.

I named the same side as last time out - I wanted them to prove themselves too me.

C.E Europa: Rafa Leva, Alex, Alberto, Ruben Salvador, Alex Cano, Javi Lara, Pedro Benitez, Peque, Alberto Suarez, David Buyo, Miguel Montes.

Substitutes: Alvaro, Alberto Gallengo, Aitor Torres, Diego Suarez, Cebri.

C.E Europa 1-1 Pobla de Mafumet
(Venue: Nou Sardenya, Attendance: 1,895)

I can't say I was pleased. The match was terrible from both sides. We relied on a tap-in and our opposition were lucky enough for an own goal.

We started excellently - grabbing a goal within the first ten minutes. Buyo made good progress down the left-hand side and swung a delightful ball into the box. Montes nipped in between the keeper and centre-half for a tap-in. Goal! 1-0

After the goal, we descended into a deep hole of abysmal play. Passes were ridiculously misplaced and our lowly opposition dominated.

On the stroke of half-time, Pobla advanced. A through-ball was misplaced which fell to Alberto. An easy clearance - I thought - until he slipped. The opposition strikers eyes lit up as he chased down the ball. Through on goal, he lobbed the keeper. "Surely he'll score" I thought to myself. The wind caught hold of the ball and knocked it onto the bar and over. A lucky escape.

At half-time, I didn't really have to say anything. The lads knew what they had to do - my job was just to assure them they were the best footballers on this planet. They could could it - that was their job.

The second half began to a vast improvement from both sides. We looked to dominate from the word go. We kept possession well and were stretching the opposition. Despite our dominance, we couldn't put it to good use.

Half way through the second period, we handed them a lifeline. A ball was swung into our box and Leva came out to simply collect. He misjudged the flight of the ball and ended up running past it - in panic, he stuck out his hands behind him to try and recover and knocked the ball into his own goal. Goal! 1-1

The game - once again - went into a deep rut. Neither team were interested. We seemed to give up after conceding such an unfortunate goal. We had worked hard since the restart but it was all for nothing. The game ended with the scores the same.

For the first time since being manager - I had a go at the lads. It wasn't that we had slipped up - we continued to sit nicely at the top with a couple of points advantage over our closest rivals. It was the fact that our performance showed us up. We performed terribly. On a different day against better opposition, we could have been thrashed six or seven. I was thoroughly disappointed. I couldn't wait to get home to see my beloved Alejandra.

View attachment 226925

Last edited:
With deep regret, I have to announce I'm (partially) ending this story - although it will continue. I intend on starting another story with exactly the same main character - only in the future. Nothing has become wrong with my particular save - the simple fact is I've continued playing into the future and have new ideas of what I want to write about, although I can't write about them because my story is still stuck here in the past.

I will be starting a new story - and in that I will explain what happened with C.E Europa. Brandon Thorpe will still be the main character and I will continue to write from his perspective. Although the past-times of C.E Europa will be mentioned, I won't make them of too much importance so my new story will still be understandable to any new readers.

Another reason for my new story is that I feel I've kind of changed this around too much. My layout changes half-way through and I don't particularly feel it's interesting enough with the change to continue to gain readers. My new story will (hopefully) be a little clearer to understand, and I will update probably once or twice a week - (the nights when I update will probably be the same each week)

I'd like to thank any past readers - and anybody who stumbles across this. I hope my new story can keep you all entertained. If you don't understand what I mean, hopefully you will in due course through my new one.

My new story will be started either later on today, or by at least tomorrow night. Thank you.

Last edited:
Back