The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Looks like we'll have a fully fit squad for the Derby (minus Pienaar of course). Good job. We were overrun in CM against QPR and seemed a bit lost. Hibbert is also vital. Coleman does cover very well but it's the wealth of experience from Hibbo that'll be key. Gibbo set to return also. Feeling fairly confident.

Though I also said the same thing in another derby match too......

Just seen Moyes' interview mate, no Gibson. Hibbert also a massive doubt but he's hopeful Felli will be fit!

I tell you now, we don't have Felli back then we'll get battered in the midfield. It's going to be a well-battled game, I predict no more than 2 goals. Andre Mariner also referring, i'll be ******** myself everytime the ball is in our box, you never know what ridiculous decision he's about to give.

Best case scenario, this is the team I would shout for on Sunday. Howard - Hibbert, Jags, Distin, Baines - Anichebe, Osman, Neville, Fellaini, Mirallas - Jelavic.

Got to put Hibbert in there for his sheer experience and passion to beat Liverpool. I would also like to see a younger lad from the City get a chance on the bench. He'd be itching to get on. Not as confident this year as I was last year when we played them (even though we got beat all 3 times). A win on Sunday would be a huge statement from us though.

Dammit. Gibson can be a threat with his long range shooting. Without Fellaini and Hibbert it's going to be harder. My main hope is for a clean game without stupid fouls, playacting and nasty challenges. If we lose to the Reds fairly without cheating I'll accept it. Anything else and I'll go off it. Hopefully Marriner will keep a cool head and not let the fans and players dictate to him what happens. Cool, clear sensible heads is absolutely essential.

First time in history that phrase has been written. Forget your meds this morning?

Lol. He seems to be an improved player since joing us. If your surprised to see that phrase, during the week I uttered "Perch is a beast in my save" lol.

As for the meds there's a couple of bottles chilling in the fridge lol

Lol. He seems to be an improved player since joing us. If your surprised to see that phrase, during the week I uttered "Perch is a beast in my save" lol.

As for the meds there's a couple of bottles chilling in the fridge lol

Well, he couldn't get any worse..

Ipwich 0 Sheff Wednesday 2. Barkley with both goals. Delighted for the boy

That boy has potential to be future England star, great move by Moyes as well to give him a full season of football with a top manager like Dave Jones, might be ready for Everton next season though, he is certainly better than Gibson.

Never seen Ross play but heard some great things about him even heard him be compared to Steven Gerrard before. I can remember buying him on a chelsea career mode on ffia 12 and he turned fantastic so if he is anything like he was on that career his going to be amazing haha :P

Never seen Ross play but heard some great things about him even heard him be compared to Steven Gerrard before. I can remember buying him on a chelsea career mode on ffia 12 and he turned fantastic so if he is anything like he was on that career his going to be amazing haha :P

Oh he will be-definately a Gerrardesque player. When he first came onto the scene, the senior players fed him the ball straight away and made things happen-and has a wicked shot. And if the seniors did that-it pretty much speaks volumes. He's without doubt the real deal and we're going to build our squad around him

In the words of Martin Keown "Ross will be one of the best players this country will ever see.". Not too shabby, eh? Like seeing him do well, Moyes trying to protect him and wave interest away from him by sending him on loan. From what i've seen of him, he looks a very calm and composed player. Was our best player in the opening games last year.

Back to the derby - i'm already nervous for it. Being originally from Liverpool and a massive Evertonian, you wait all year for this fixture. The outcome is massive. It's said a lot, but the winner really does get the bragging rights. If your team is beat, you hold your hands up, you don't try coming back with something about your history (although some Liverpool fans are an exception!). I don't care how we win it, just win it.
Need a strong performance, think we should get into Liverpool's younger lads from the off - let them no that they're playing a derby. Should shake them up a little.

Well the good news is Moyes is confident that Fellaini will play in the derby. Doing some light training

14 hours 34 mins til kick off........

some Everton jouno's suggesting Fellaini will be starting

Starting XI

Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Neville, Coleman, Osman, Fellaini, Jelavic, Mirallas, Naismith.

BE very surprised if we come away with nothing today. Actually I'd be gutted

Last edited:
Massive news that is. If your being completely honest, only Pienaar would get into that starting line up now. Naimsith could be vital, played in many Old Firm's, he may have a big job today tracking back with Sterling then getting into Enrique.
I fancy Mirallas against Wisdom.
As ajt said, after seeing the line-ups i'd be gutted if we didn't come away with at least a point.

Forgot the subs lol. Mucha, Hibbert, Hitzelperger, Heitinga, Oviedo, Gueye, Vellios

Oh yes Suarez how classy a celebration you did you mug

We deserve to be 1-0 down. After from that Mirallas run, once again we don't step it up in the derby. christ sake

Back