The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Ah I see. Fair play to him. It's like I mentioned in the past, DM doesn't stand for it from any of the players. It was pretty embarassing to see. But hes owned up to it

Ah I see. Fair play to him. It's like I mentioned in the past, DM doesn't stand for it from any of the players. It was pretty embarassing to see. But hes owned up to it

There are a lot of players on all teams who could learn from that bit of honesty.

There are a lot of players on all teams who could learn from that bit of honesty.

Definately without doubt. Not going to single out Suarez as today he let the football do the talking (apart from a couple of silly fouls), but would be nice so see some professionalism reinstilled into football these days.

I suspect sarcasm from DM to be honest gauging by his reaction when it happened

In light of the post in the Liverpool thread about how they've lost points due to refereeing errors I thought id remind them of how we've also been the victim to obscure decisions.

First off against Newcastle, we had two seemingly good goals rules out due to shocking officiating. 2 points dropped.
Then at Wigan, Kone's goal was at least a yard or 2 offside. 2 points dropped.
The decision to not award Nikica Jelavic with a clear cut penalty last week against QPR and the fact Pienaar was very harshly sent off may have also cost us 2 points. You add them 6 up and voila, we're top of the table.

But you've got to be realistic. We're not the only teams this is happening too. Every team is having decisions go against them. The refereeing standard has dropped dramatically and something really has to be done about it. No use sending an official that makes a mistake down to the Championship to learn his lesson.

"There was only one team who came into the derby trying to play football," Gerrard said. "Everton are effective because they have some big physical lads in the team and are very direct, but the only team who tried to play football was us.
"I thought we stood up to a team that are very similar to Stoke. Every single time they get the ball at the goalkeeper it comes in long. We had a young, small team and they were all men and stood together. We deserved the win."

"There was only one team who came into the derby trying to play football," Gerrard said. "Everton are effective because they have some big physical lads in the team and are very direct, but the only team who tried to play football was us."I thought we stood up to a team that are very similar to Stoke. Every single time they get the ball at the goalkeeper it comes in long. We had a young, small team and they were all men and stood together. We deserved the win."
So basically he's saying that Liverpool played like boys and everton were strong men??

I thought Everton were unlucky.For the second goal Sterling dived for the free-kick from which Suarez score.But I have to say they had to defend better for those 2 goals.Where Everton fell short for me was when Mirallas got injured,If he had stayed for 90 minutes there is no doubt Everton would've won..

I thought Everton were unlucky.For the second goal Sterling dived for the free-kick from which Suarez score.But I have to say they had to defend better for those 2 goals.Where Everton fell short for me was when Mirallas got injured,If he had stayed for 90 minutes there is no doubt Everton would've won..

Not only does Gerrard sound bitter, he's also wrong.

Everton enjoyed more possession than Liverpool (56.2% to 43.8%), made more passes (400 to 314), had greater passing accuracy (78.5% to 76.8%) and played proportionally fewer long passes (13.8% to 14.6%).

Really surprised at Stevie G for saying that. Suarez basically carried Liverpool that day-he was absolutely tremondous and desperately unlucky to have that goal chalked off. A decision that still baffles me

Really surprised at Stevie G for saying that. Suarez basically carried Liverpool that day-he was absolutely tremondous and desperately unlucky to have that goal chalked off. A decision that still baffles me

Not sure if he trying to play mind games or whatever. But he should quit while he's behind.

Not sure if he trying to play mind games or whatever. But he should quit while he's behind.

Pretty much. Saying that, DM tried that with comments about Suarez-and we got burnt lol

On a side note, Mirallas expected to start against Fulham. Thank god. Some of his runs on Sunday were just a joy to watch. Absolutely tremondous

I don't know if Gerrard was watching the same game as the rest of us. Felt we had the game in control for the best part of 70 minutes (20-90). I also don't get his point about "Every single time they get the ball at the goalkeeper it comes in long" - is taking advantage of our height advantage in midfield such a bad thing Stevie? Just like the way you lot player the ball long so Suarez could use his speed?
That said I think he is well wrong. In the past, yes, we've been guilty of a long ball team however our football this year has been magnificent, some of Mirallas' runs in the first half are testament to that.

On a side note, Mirallas expected to start against Fulham. Thank god. Some of his runs on Sunday were just a joy to watch. Absolutely tremondous

He was your best player and Everton were really unlucky to see him go off or else they'd have definately won..

He was your best player and Everton were really unlucky to see him go off or else they'd have definately won..

He was awesome. Though judging by how awesome Suarez was it still may have ended in a draw

Just a note on all of this Stoke comparison - they have actually played fewer long passes than both Everton and Liverpool this season according to talksport. Not sure how they measure a 'long pass' or whether that includes the accuracy of the pass, but it appears Stevie was actually complementing Everton on being a 'passing side' ;)

Back