The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Arteta gone to Arsenal, Everton signed Drenthe and Denis Stracqualursi on loan. Well arteta was out of form and considering he was 29 and hadn't played well for a year so I dont think 10m was that bad for him. Guttered the deal couldnt have been done earlier and we could have brought in another CM although we can just put osman or barkley in artetas place and play drenthe wide left, Also with yak and beckford going theres atleast 15m, I think he will bring in a player for about 5m and put the rest towards our debts which will be good because it will help us get a buyer quicker. I wish arteta luck at arsenal because hes been class for us but hasnt been himself for the last year, He got a good send off with scoring the winning pen in the 90th minute against blackburn. Don't know why people are moaning at kenwright like? Arteta was only worth 10m considering his age and the form he was in. Looking forward to seeing our new signings and hoping we can turn our bad form around.
In moyes we trust, COYB.

£15m to spend? i wouldn't count on it, if it hasn't all gone to Barclays then only about £5m will be available, if that.

£15m to spend? i wouldn't count on it, if it hasn't all gone to Barclays then only about £5m will be available, if that.

To be honest don't expect a figure higher than £3 million

I also love the fact we have been struggling for strikers for a while so they go and sell two and get an unproven south american, few have heard of, on loan.

[video=youtube;TOxVS4_8U2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOxVS4_8U2I[/video]

From what I've seen from that footage, looks promising. good positioning, can head the ball....could cause some problems for defences

I also love the fact we have been struggling for strikers for a while so they go and sell two and get an unproven south american, few have heard of, on loan.

Well, he was arguably the best striker in the league in the past year, and I've watched pretty much every single game he played in, and if he settles he will bag a few goals, for sure.

Wow. Arteta takes a pay cut to play at Arsenal, Beckford has a £15,000 pay rise. Good player, but warrant a £40,000 wage? No.

nil satis nisi optiminium since jan pienaar, vaughan, beckford, yakubu n now arteta and who do we get in loans it ****** me off badly youve got stoke fulham etc doin better buisness i feel sick i love moyes but................. im wounded anyway

Wow. Arteta takes a pay cut to play at Arsenal, Beckford has a £15,000 pay rise. Good player, but warrant a £40,000 wage? No.

The price of dropping down a division.

nil satis nisi optiminium since jan pienaar, vaughan, beckford, yakubu n now arteta and who do we get in loans it ****** me off badly youve got stoke fulham etc doin better buisness i feel sick i love moyes but................. im wounded anyway

Both Fulham and Stoke are in a much, much better financial state. What do you expect?

The price of dropping down a division.

Both Fulham and Stoke are in a much, much better financial state. What do you expect?
i expect everton to be in a better financial state how is it possible badly badly run n i feel badly let down

i expect everton to be in a better financial state how is it possible badly badly run n i feel badly let down

Both of those clubs have sugar daddies, and that is what gives them financial stability. And moaning won't improve Everton's finances.

Not too bothered about Arteta leaving, he had a few brilliant seasons but the last couple he's been plagued with injuries and inconsistency, his free kicks used to be inch perfect, now they just strike the wall, and don't even get me started on his corners.. Happy to take some cash and ease the finances even if it won't go on new players, time for Rodwell to finally step up and Barkley to play a part.

[video=youtube;TOxVS4_8U2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOxVS4_8U2I[/video]

From what I've seen from that footage, looks promising. good positioning, can head the ball....could cause some problems for defences

Eddie Johnson looks good on youtube ;)

Gonna be a big season for Beckford considering Saha is one of the biggest sicknotes in football.

New 3rd Top: Thoughts,

efc__1314346744_Heitinga---third-kit.jpg

Grim news-again. Leighton Baines has a hamstring injury-but don't know how bad it is. Waiting for more news.

Back