The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
I just hope that if the deal does go through it doesn't involve Bendtner. If that were to be the case I'd chop my **** off with the scissors, then I'd cook it and feed it to my dog.

Well.....guess it would take the pain away lol

I was about to post that the day started well and ended up like ****.

Sigh. Yet another disappointing transfer window.

Very poor attitude from Arteta though. Saying it was in Everton's best interests is bullshit. He tells us he want's to leave 2 hours before the window shuts. Not impressed Mikel. Oh well.. we have Leon Osman to fill that position...

Sigh. Yet another disappointing transfer window.

Very poor attitude from Arteta though. Saying it was in Everton's best interests is bullshit. He tells us he want's to leave 2 hours before the window shuts. Not impressed Mikel. Oh well.. we have Leon Osman to fill that position...

Lol bitter much

I like Everton my 2nd PL team if i had to pick one so i am sorry we took your best player but we needed him. (A)

I like Everton my 2nd PL team if i had to pick one so i am sorry we took your best player but we needed him. (A)

Your forgiven. IN fairness, it was better being Arteta than Baines or Jagielka. We do have a bundle of midfielders all be it none of Arteta's quality.

Also nice that Arteta's last goal for you came in a 90th min penalty winner

Oooh......Drenthe has joined Everton on a permanent transfer......tranfer fee was FREE.......confirmed by the Real Madrid website.

Also nice that Arteta's last goal for you came in a 90th min penalty winner

Yes. To be fair, he has been a loyal servant and for a long time been too good for Everton. IM mesmerized he hasn't been called up to the Spain squad before, maybe that will happen at Arsenal. Im just disappointed at how late it came and that we have failed to sign a replacement.

Everton fans going berserk on twitter. I understand their frustrations, but we need to keep optimistic no matter how hard it is. Calling for the board to step down and Kenwright to move on will not help the situation. Even Phil Neville seems disheartened by it. We are going to have trouble getting morale up in the dressing room after this.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Oooh......Drenthe has joined Everton on a permanent transfer......tranfer fee was FREE.......confirmed by the Real Madrid website.

According to Everton its a season long loan deal?

Twitter

Yes. To be fair, he has been a loyal servant and for a long time been too good for Everton. IM mesmerized he hasn't been called up to the Spain squad before, maybe that will happen at Arsenal. Im just disappointed at how late it came and that we have failed to sign a replacement.

Everton fans going berserk on twitter. I understand their frustrations, but we need to keep optimistic no matter how hard it is. Calling for the board to step down and Kenwright to move on will not help the situation. Even Phil Neville seems disheartened by it. We are going to have trouble getting morale up in the dressing room after this.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

According to Everton its a season long loan deal?

Twitter

Actually, you're right and I'm wrong, it is a loan deal.

Madrid's official website still says they've transferred all rights to Everton.

Well, had a walk. Needed the fresh air after the **** that was the last day of window. My thoughts?

Firstly, want to wish Arteta all the best at Arsenal. He's worked hard for the club, been responsible for some truly inspired wins, been loyal...couldn't ask for more from a player. Deserves to be in the CL at a bigger club with a world class manager too-those opportunites don't come around often for a player. So wish nothing but the best for him. Pointless being angry-won't get me anywhere. We managed to get some players in, either on loan or permanent deals, so see what happens. Won't complain as it would be unfair on the new guys without giving them a chance.

But re: this situation, I have to lay the blame at Mr. Kenwright. I know he loves the club, but when a player hears his future cannot be guaranteed, along with Rodwell, Neville, Saha, Distin....that was pretty much a red flag. It was a suicidal thing to say-must have known that somehow, that would have got out. Yes we kept Jags, Baines etc, but when you have a quality player like Arteta, you simply CANNOT afford to let a player like that go-especially when it's so incredibly badly timed.

The effects I suspect will have a ripple effect. Fellaini still hasn't signed a new contract yet-and this may persuade him not to. It will unsettle the dressing room. They may say they have to get on with it and do what they can without him-but they're human. It'll unsettle any player regardless of quality or whoever it is.

But the biggest effect will be on David Moyes. He has built his success on Arteta, and on a shoe-string, and built it around Arteta. And now that creative heart beat has been ripped out, and that will undoubtedly, deeply frustrate Moyes. It's all very well getting a striker, but they need the quality of service that Arteta provided and now it's gone. So it'll be up to the other lads to try to replicate that service. Billy can be good, but is streaky at times. Osman tries very hard, but doesn't always pay off. Barkley-excellent potential, but would be unfair to place that sort of responsibility on his shoulders. Fellaini-better as a holding DM imo, and Rodwell-he needs his form back, which is hard, as we can't decide his best position and it's affecting his performances. DM is going to have to rethink things now, and change things which could take a while. And we all know how easily some players get injured which could further complicate things. When that happens, it's going to expose some frailties and stretch the squad.

But the fans must now get behind the players, because they need them more than ever-as does Moyes. It's a sort of transitional period now, and there's going to be some growing pains. It would be pointless doing protests against BK during the match, or booing the players-they'll be trying to adapt to life without Arteta, and constantly booing the board during the match or whatever, will just increase the negativity, and could drive more players out. DM and the players need the fans support more than ever now, whatever happens.

But re: this situation, I have to lay the blame at Mr. Kenwright. I know he loves the club, but when a player hears his future cannot be guaranteed, along with Rodwell, Neville, Saha, Distin....that was pretty much a red flag. It was a suicidal thing to say-must have known that somehow, that would have got out. Yes we kept Jags, Baines etc, but when you have a quality player like Arteta, you simply CANNOT afford to let a player like that go-especially when it's so incredibly badly timed.

Wasn't that comment leaked by the 'blue union' from a supposedly confidential meeting?

Wasn't that comment leaked by the 'blue union' from a supposedly confidential meeting?

Allegedly yeah. Don't the entire situation tbh hence the allegedly.

The important thing for me though is, Mikel even took a pay cut. Which....well, read into that what you will.

Last edited:
Back