The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Was that necessary? Can't I go to sleep happy at least once?

Hey, at least you're only playing one striker at a time. Unlike Villa with the two man central midfield and three fecking central midfielders...

I thought you had four though. Yakubu, Saha, Beckford and Anichebe? Then you've got that big scary Greek youngster, Vellios, right? Plenty for a one striker formation..

Anichebe is sort of young, could be something like 'the next Yakubu'. Although that's a bit harsh on him, he tries, but he's not really the best of players. But who knows... maybe this will be his season. Yes, I'll add that to my dream list. I'm gonna dream of Anichebe bagging 20 goals this season.

Hey, at least you're only playing one striker at a time. Unlike Villa with the two man central midfield and three fecking central midfielders...

I thought you had four though. Yakubu, Saha, Beckford and Anichebe? Then you've got that big scary Greek youngster, Vellios, right? Plenty for a one striker formation..

If Beckford stays though after the latest Leicester bid (if true). Anichebe is strong, but hit and miss. Worse comes to worse we can push Cahill up front-done it before and was pretty competent.

O yeah, and Chelsea are sniffing around looking at Barkley. The old "Feeder Club" feeling starting up again

Last edited:
If Beckford stays though after the latest Leicester bid (if true). Anichebe is strong, but hit and miss. Worse comes to worse we can push Cahill up front-done it before and was pretty competent

We can very well use Vellios as plan B. He's what, 1.90? Baines could probably get a few crosses in, he could at least bang one or two in.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Bah, guess I'll stick around for a while, got nothing better to do tomorrow, and I'm stuck with this netbook thingie for who knows how long, I might as well try to get used to it.

YES, **** YES! I WAS DREAMING OF STRACQUALURSI JOINING US, WASN'T EVEN AWARE WE WERE BEING LINKED! He was oods on to go to Espanyol, **** yeah!

Can't ****** believe it!

As a matter of fact, if you look at my browser history I was searching for 'Stracqualursi' and 'Everton Transfers' yesterday and the day before... match made in heaven, if you ask me!

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

In case you don't know him (Because it's not a name you see pop up too often):

He's tall, very strong, and his aerial play was second to none in the last season. Constant threat in the air, good when playing back-to-goal, and a decent pace, although he's a tad slow off the mark. He's got good off the ball movement and a 'poacher's instinct', being in the right place at the right time to pick up a loose ball and hit the back of the net. He also has the 'distinction' of being the Argentine to goalscorer with the longest last name ever, thus being nicknamed 'Traca' which is considerably shorter. Scored 21 in 38 last season.

Not everything is positive, though, as he is not technically profficient, nor particularly creative or inventive, his main asset being the use of pure physical strength to score.

Can the club afford to put all the letters of his surname on the back of the shirt?

Can the club afford to put all the letters of his surname on the back of the shirt?
They can always put his name there, since it's only 5 letters long!

Last edited:
They can always put his name there, since it's only 5 letters long!

Still can't ****** pronounce it. grrrr

Just hoping he can make the transition to EPL football. Some players in the past have really struggled to make it here. Fingers crossed he can adapt.

Still can't ****** pronounce it. grrrr

Just hoping he can make the transition to EPL football. Some players in the past have really struggled to make it here. Fingers crossed he can adapt.

I know he may struggle, it's my biggest fear, but he's a player I've liked for a long, long time, and seeing him join Everton is both extremely unexpected (Any player joining Everton would be unexpected, but him of all people is just... whoa) and welcome. I'm ecstatic, in all honesty, and if he can adapt he may prove a vital asset.

Well, shall be watching with great intrigue. Shall be scouring youtube for footage of him.

What I don't get though is the timing of this Beckford transfer (if it goes through). If they planned to offload him, why the **** wasn't it done sooner? Would've given the club more time to find a replacement.

Well, shall be watching with great intrigue. Shall be scouring youtube for footage of him.

What I don't get though is the timing of this Beckford transfer (if it goes through). If they planned to offload him, why the **** wasn't it done sooner? Would've given the club more time to find a replacement.

Maybe because the replacement was being negotiated already and they decided to go ahead with Beckford's transfer once the sgining of a replacement was done and dusted. Stracqualursi, while technically still in Tigre's books, hasn't played in the first 4 matches of the season and rumours of a transfer were all over the place, and although we were never mentioned as a possible destination, it wouldn't be far fetched to think this was done keeping the lowest of profiles.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

STRACQUALURSI: Stra-kwa-lurr-see. I think.

Good to see Everton signing someone.

Close enough, that's how it'll be pronounced by pretty much everyone in the UK so I'm not going to try and aim for perfection, not with such a long surname.

Drenthe is on his way to Liverpool to complete a medical at Everton.

Talks involving Arsenal, Everton and Arteta regarding £10 million transfer bid currently ongoing.

I'd rather cut my **** off with a pair of scissors than see this move go through. 10m? He's worth more than that. Only club I'd let him go to for that amount would be Bilbao.

I'd rather cut my **** off with a pair of scissors than see this move go through. 10m? He's worth more than that. Only club I'd let him go to for that amount would be Bilbao.

Agree. This time of the window, and with the current market, should be getting between £13 and £15 million tops. Could've been worse though as they made an enquiry about Fellaini aswell.

Last edited:
Agree. This time of the window, and with the current market, should be getting between £13 and £15 million tops.

I'd ask more from Arsenal. 18, maybe even 20. They need him, they have that kind of money, and we don't need to sell him in all honesty, seeing as we've just taken a new loan I'd expect us to be able to hold on to him for at least another year. If we were talking to another club I would settle for 13-15 but Arsenal are in urgent need of players, we should be using that desperation to our benefit.

I'd ask more from Arsenal. 18, maybe even 20. They need him, they have that kind of money, and we don't need to sell him in all honesty, seeing as we've just taken a new loan I'd expect us to be able to hold on to him for at least another year. If we were talking to another club I would settle for 13-15 but Arsenal are in urgent need of players, we should be using that desperation to our benefit.

There's conflicting reports now saying it's more like between £12 and £15 million. Lots of reports conflicting

I just hope that if the deal does go through it doesn't involve Bendtner. If that were to be the case I'd chop my **** off with the scissors, then I'd cook it and feed it to my dog.

Back