The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
Yeah, heard that, but considering we're not playing this week it's not that bad. Gives us time to prepare and gives him some time to recover.

Yeah, heard that, but considering we're not playing this week it's not that bad. Gives us time to prepare and gives him some time to recover.

As long as it's not a long term worry. Fingers crossed.

Great news concerning Phil Neville. Accepted invite from Brian Eastick and John Peacock to be part of the England U-21 backroom staff. Great choice imo

Great news concerning Phil Neville. Accepted invite from Brian Eastick and John Peacock to be part of the England U-21 backroom staff. Great choice imo

Indeed, and I'd like to see him in a similar role for us in the future. Age caught up with him and he's not the same player, but his experience would certainly help the kids. I'm also really happy for him, because he tends to get a lot of stick from fans, most of which is totally undeserved.

Indeed, and I'd like to see him in a similar role for us in the future. Age caught up with him and he's not the same player, but his experience would certainly help the kids. I'm also really happy for him, because he tends to get a lot of stick from fans, most of which is totally undeserved.

Without doubt. Such a professional he puts some names to shame. Never complains about anything-just gets on with it. Born leader.

And the people who criticise him are just blinkered or don't watch him play and how well he does things. Or it's because he's the brother of the other Neville.

Not that bad, considering we're not gonna play that much anyways.

Drenthe scores a thunderbolt and his 4th goal of the season. Everton 1 QPR 0

We're being outplayed. We're going to lose. 'Nuff said.

Should be 2-1 down if they hadn't of missed a sitter. I suspect I shall be indulging in the holy nectar after this. Hughes has got the squad playing well

Should be 2-1 down if they hadn't of missed a sitter. I suspect I shall be indulging in the holy nectar after this. Hughes has got the squad playing well

It's more like us playing badly than QPR playing well, they've been poor as well otherwise they would be 2-1 up. Our defense has been particularly poor, giving the ball away with ease and looking dodgy in set-piece situations, and we're lacking the extra passing option in midfield that someone like Gibson, Rodwell, Barkley or Osman would give us, as Neville is, understandably, overly defensive.

We had a good first 10' and final 10', we were pretty **** for the rest of the game. Proved me wrong on Gibson, he's blown hot and cold for us but he's always asking for the ball and today many of our passes went astray do to lack of a clear outlet.

Most annoying thing is we had the chance to make up ground against Liverpool and a EL spot.

Back