The Everton Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 346K
After a good string of performances, Shane Duffy has been called up to the Ireland squad.

Really happy for the lad.

"Moyes has been working behind the scenes to add further young quality to his midfield, with the capture of free agent Silva Junior. The versatile right-footed defensive midfielder started out with Benfica, but came to the attention of Manchester City who invited him to join their elite development squad last year. Silva Junior has appeared for the Citizens in a series of friendlies and academy games but is understood to be out of contract and Moyes wants to take him from the league leaders.

If he can tie-up the deal, Moyes is ready to hand the Guinea-Bissau born player a first team squad number."

(From Liverpool Daily Post)

Just did a bit of research on him, he's a ****** midget - 1.62. No WP issues as he also holds portuguese nationality. Apparently the news have been floating around for a couple of days now, and he appears to have played for our reserves already. With some luck he'll turn out good.

Everton reserves 6 Newcastle reserves 3. Gueye (2), Barkley, Baxter, Coleman and João Silva with our goals.

Also, there was a Valentine's Day competition and the winner got a date with Tim Howard:

422141_10150539194806277_56909226276_9154055_1553655125_n.jpg

I'd say Tim was the lucky one here.

Gueye and Coleman have been injured (I think), Baxter and Silva need to play every game that they can and Barkley is 17.

Why're half your first team players in the reserves?
Coleman was out with injury for a long time, the rest of them are under 21, so they often rotate with the reserves, specially now when we have a large-ish squad.

Everton have signed Portuguese Under 21 international Francisco Junior on a free transfer.

Everton youngster George Green was the debut hero for England Under-16s as he struck in the last minute in a 1-0 win over Spain. Green made his first appearance for the Young Lions by coming on at half time in Madrid and sealed victory with a curled effort from outside the area in the dying stages.
After the game, England Under-16s Head Coach Kenny Swain applauded both Green's match-winner and his debut performance.
"It was a great finish from George, so I'm pleased for him," he said. "It was his first call-up and he came on in the second half. We've had four new players involved and they've all done really well."

(EvertonFc.com)

What a great month or so for the club. The future looks better week by week

It would be even better if you didn't SELL Saha :(
Ah anyway, he flourish now in Spurs, so I don't mind haha :)

It would be even better if you didn't SELL Saha :(
Ah anyway, he flourish now in Spurs, so I don't mind haha :)

One of those things sadly-had to restructure. Hope he does well though. Though once again another ex-Everton striker scores pretty much straight away at a new club lol.

But it's weird having such a great month. Taking the scalps of City, Chelsea, chance of having a longer run in the FA Cup, and on top of that a chance to punish Liverpool in the derby.

But on top of that, Barkley due to return any time soon, Jags and Ossie edging closer to a return....we're going to have players actually battling for their first team places. For the first time in a good while, Moyes has the prospect of a selection headache coming up lol

This is old but I only stumbled upon this recently and found it amusing.
The 2003/04 Premier league survey found that 71% of Everton fans earn under £30,000 a year. The lowest average income in the league, while the 2002/03 report found Everton had the highest number of season ticket holders from the two lowest social classifications with 16%.
So not only is the club skint... we, as in the fans, are skint.

Team news for Blackpool match:

Howard; Hibbert, Baines, Heitinga, Distin; Neville, Gueye, Gibson, Drenthe; Stracqualursi, Fellaini

Subs: Hahnemann, Barkley, Vellios, Silva, Forshaw, Baxter, Coleman

Strong team, pity Donovan won't be getting his farewell match.

Back