The FA Cup Final 2012: Chelsea vs Liverpool - May 5th KO 5:15

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 143
  • Views Views 15K
There's probably going to be some trouble in a little while, there appears to be some Hillsborough mocking stickers going around. Add that to the fact KO is at 5:15, there'll be so many waiting about drinking.

I hope we start with:
Reina, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Shelvey, Downing, Bellamy, Suarez, Carroll.

Although he hasn't had an assist or goal in the league this season, Downing has created the most chances without getting an assist in the league.
The way Chelsea seem to play under Di Matteo is a deep defensive line. Suarez prefers to play against a higher line to exploit the space in behind so i hope we start Carroll alongside Luis.
I think we will see Gerrard sitting infront of the back 4 to stop the counter attack as the only other player who is good at that is Lucas and he is injured, but Shelvey showed against Norwich that he can make those runs into the box.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Spearing, Henderson, Gerrard, Downing, Bellamy, Suarez - that's the team for today.

Spearing and Henderson in the centre, Gerrard slightly ahead, Downing and Bellamy wide, Suarez up top by himself.

Lethargic and toothless up top, no link from midfield/striker and little gameplan, it's just get it out to Downing, let him cross it, no one in the box.

Chelsea seemed to find it quite easy that first half and Liverpool didn't cause too many problems but I won't be surprised if they are improved in the second half.

Suarez is WAY too isolated. Get Gerrard up closer to him.

The passing in this game has been shocking, from both sides.

Mata being given far too much space too. Expecting him to create something in the second half unless they change it.

Suarez is WAY too isolated. Get Gerrard up closer to him.
Gerrard's trying to do too much, he's doesn't look confident with Spearing and Henderson, might have to rely on the wide players...

I am of a personal opinion that Reina should have saved both the goals today.

Back