Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what I thought mate, the code on the back of the manuel is the "steam code" but I've put it in but it won't allow me to press continue so guessing it's not right... :/

Sounds a bit odd.... Will have a scoure round and see if can find something on that :)

I've got one problem with steam, but it's apparently a common one - if I'm not connected to the internet I can't sign in unless when I signed out I ticked offline mode. Basically, I can't sign in in offline mode if I signed out in online. I ******* love steam though, even though it's pretty **** for customisation and modding for a lot of games.

Check that you are letting it save your details the "dont save credentials" should NOT be ticked, and check that the steam client is the lastest one out

yeah, the 15 number/letter code is what I thought it would be but it won't let me add - or select continue once the code is entered.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Sounds a bit odd.... Will have a scoure round and see if can find something on that :)

Cheer buddy

thats what I thought mate, the code on the back of the manuel is the "steam code" but I've put it in but it won't allow me to press continue so guessing it's not right... :/

That is it. check you have put it in right.

from Game literally 20 minutes ago and there isn't any 0's or o's in the code lol

from Game literally 20 minutes ago and there isn't any 0's or o's in the code lol

Odd.

Personally never trust game buying PC games or second hand stuff. So many times they have sold me dud stuff or the pre-owned stuff is in such **** condition I have to go back in and give them a **** load of abuse.

To my knowledge it isn't second hand, the game box had the plastic cover on it etc

Only thing I can suggest maybe is going back to Game and explain the situation that the key isn't working. I'm guessing you could obtain a replacement. I'd assume so anyway. I'm not sure why it's not working......

I shall have to try that mate, although I believe once you've broken a seal on the box they don't accept PC games back. Bastards

I shall have to try that mate, although I believe once you've broken a seal on the box they don't accept PC games back. Bastards

Really? Surely that's not proper. You purchased it new, haven't tampered it, and you may have a faulty activation code, you have the receipt....

Surely you'd have the right to a replacement? You weren't to know there were going to be problems

That's what I shall use as my arguement if I am unsuccessful in installing it lol

That's what I shall use as my arguement if I am unsuccessful in installing it lol

lol I would too. If that backfires for some reason, I'd get in touch with either SI or Steam, or maybe check out the Steam forums. I genuinly can't find this problem on google.....

me neither mate, I've never seen that screen I posted up the page before.

Really? Surely that's not proper. You purchased it new, haven't tampered it, and you may have a faulty activation code, you have the receipt....

Surely you'd have the right to a replacement? You weren't to know there were going to be problems

It's because they can't check if the activation code has been used. They won't replace it, because people would just go in and say it wasn't working and get a new one all the time. You will have to contact SI or Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.