Tbf mine has started scoring now so I can't complain I love this tactic

Would suggest it's not thee tactic lol. I wonder if your striker is struggling to score if he is left or right footed as left footed strikers seem to score more in it as are in that left channel. If that's the case I've been meaning to do a mirrored tactic so the striker be in right channel etc so right footers score more goals, and then people can use either the left version or the right, something worth testing :)

1582985204055.png

So weird if you try and mirror the formation you get a big red area, which is not there on the original, very strange

ThePav updated The Fiend v9 20.3.0 29/3/20 with a new update entry:

The Fiend v10

Just tweaked the striker player instructions after people saying the striker does not score as much. That is something I had noticed too if i'm honest so slight tweak from running wide to stay wide actually makes him a lot more dangerous

I also believe if you have a left footed striker it will work better as they will get down the channel and shoot across the goalkeeper on the left resulting in more goals. That's a ME issue a right footer just is not as effective.

If they have "player...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Thepav, many thanks for your tactic! I play with Caen (French and Division) and I don't know why it is so inconsistent. Sometimes I'll win a match easy and the match after I can lose against a rubbish side. My front four does not to give me satisfaction, they don't score many goals and don't get assists and even worst have always the worst ratings. My goals come from most of the times from my two midfielders.. I can score 5 goals in a match but always concede 3 or 4 goals.

Do you think your tactic is useful for big teams only ?

really amazing tactic but the v8 worked really well the v9 didn't work, i'm afraid to test it and it won't work. this v10 what changed? is she better than v8? sorry my bad english

Who should take the Cornes for best result?

Hi Thepav, many thanks for your tactic! I play with Caen (French and Division) and I don't know why it is so inconsistent. Sometimes I'll win a match easy and the match after I can lose against a rubbish side. My front four does not to give me satisfaction, they don't score many goals and don't get assists and even worst have always the worst ratings. My goals come from most of the times from my two midfielders.. I can score 5 goals in a match but always concede 3 or 4 goals.

Do you think your tactic is useful for big teams only ?
I get it, I have found that Friend of The Fiend is better for smaller teams when I use it, For example the fiend with my malvern team even tho it was like 2030 didn't work I lost the first 3 or 4 games, why I made the tweak for that save and then I won the league the next season after finishing top 6 first season. And the fiend seems unstoppable for bigger sides judging by peoples results, So I would suggest using FOTF v2 as it was made for an underdog side.

Saying that I'm using v10 on an underdog side in Norway and it's very strong, I can see if I can implement the defensive tweaks I made for Friend of the fiend in The Fiend and see what happens I guess, I'm just a bit scared of breaking it by tweaking too much haha ;)

Cant wait to try this tactic with Schalke 04, second season. Try to knock Bayern down from the throne! Struggling to find a beast volante (currently in june, pre season). Any tips?
How did it go with your save with Bodø/Glimt? HEIA GLIMT

@ThePav v10 is doing amazing for me i'm my leamington save i set up another save with Bournemouth which i will play along side my leamington save so i don't get bored of it and started season well also i'm also using my own training

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    204.9 KB · Views: 425
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    137.1 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
@ThePav v10 is doing amazing for me i'm my leamington save i set up another save with Bournemouth which i will play along side my leamington save so i don't get bored of it and started season well also i'm also using my own training

Cool some great results, I never do my own training as i'm lazy in that respect, so if you seem to get some success with it, please feel free to share as i know it's something would interest others!

here are the training schedules i'm using i've included ss and the file also with the balanced i use even if have 2 games a week

Attachments

• week 1.PNG
    week 1.PNG
    67.4 KB · Views: 410
  • week 2.PNG
    week 2.PNG
    67.1 KB · Views: 245
  • week 3.PNG
    week 3.PNG
    65.7 KB · Views: 213
  • International break.PNG
    International break.PNG
    82.7 KB · Views: 207
  • Big Matches.PNG
    Big Matches.PNG
    75.7 KB · Views: 223
  • balanced.PNG
    balanced.PNG
    72.8 KB · Views: 232
  • week 4.PNG
    week 4.PNG
    69 KB · Views: 183
  • week 5.PNG
    week 5.PNG
    75.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Big Matches (e.g. Cup Finals).fmf
    19.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Balanced.fmf
    19.1 KB · Views: 157
  • No Matches (e.g. International Break).fmf
    19.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Week 1 Pre-season.fmf
    19.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Week 4 Pre-Season.fmf
    19.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Week 3 Pre-Season.fmf
    19.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Week 2 Pre-Season.fmf
    19.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Week 5 Pre-Season.fmf
    19.2 KB · Views: 131
also mentoring i have all goalkeepers together then a defensive unit with CB's, DM's, CM's and attacking unit with RB,LB,RW,LW and strikers

Here are my results from past season 23/24. Apart from the CL (which I qualified for but not nearly good enough) I got VERY good results. Won the Dutch Cup (lucky draws tho :p) en the league!

IMG_0066.PNG

IMG_0067.PNG

IMG_0068.PNG

IMG_0069.PNG

v10

Changed striker instructions.
I took this update down as after some tests was not working as well as I thought. I also only updated from v9 as I had read a couple of comments about striker not scoring etc. I'm putting back up as people have said it's worked etc. What I have learned is maybe not listen to every comment and go on what I think. There was nothing wrong with v9, so should not have rushed out a v10.

That being said I went back and edited some stuff for v11 and and ran two...

The Fiend v11

View attachment 488825

View attachment 488826

Made some defensive changes, CWB to WB Support for the left back, Changing roles has helped defensively and does not take anything away going forward
SS gets in more dangerous positions and helps press more in winning the ball back high

Have felt with The Fiend that it sometimes lacked defensively. Sometimes I might look for more in a tactic than I should. So been tweaking stuff when it works already

I'm hoping we...

Right, As you can see two updates.

Short version, I had deleted v10 a few days ago as I felt I shouldn't have changed v9 and was too quick to make changes. Without the tactic testing I think it's sometimes been a bit confusing if things are working or not. But before v11 I had to release v10. If that's working for you or has been carry on using it.

V11 therefore I hope is the final version for a while. I have played a lot using it and most importantly it's my tactic and i'm happy with it. I wasn't happy with v10.

So I've Updated the OP with tactical tips etc. If you have tough away games or need to make a slight tweak use Friend of the Fiend v3 it's really solid in terms of being an underdog tactic, the tactics are very interchangeable and sometimes a slight shift in formation can confuse the AI. Both tactics work. And you can build a squad to play both if needed in different situations.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to carry on my save as become best one I had all year!!

So no more updates from now on.....

Until the next patch destroys something.